It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My son saw his first UFO 4-23-14

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: conundrummer
Interesting idea, but I see a couple of problems with it.

1. While a solid arm could block the horizontal line, I don't understand how a reflection would block it whether it's the windowsill or the white line at the road edge. In order for the reflection of an arm to block it, it would have to be something behind the arm, in the opposite direction, and in that case how could the horizontal line be a window sill or road edge line?

2. The second vehicle I owned was rare in the sense it had flat side windows. it was an old jeep-like thing with doors which were perfectly flat which explained how they could hold the flat glass. But most modern cars have doors that curve in at the top so the glass also curves in at the top. This creates two effects with reflections, a slight distortion due to the curvature (think funhouse effect), and more importantly, the reflection doesn't come straight back at you. if you look out horizontally, because the glass isn't vertical.

There are a couple of ways around #2, if the vehicle was the very rare type like I had with vertical side window glass. If it didn't then you might imagine scrunching down to aim up a little which could still make such a reflection on the angled glass, but this would be a lot easier to do on the passenger side than the drivers side so it would be interesting to know if the photo was taken from inside the car and from which side.

That still leaves problem 1 though. However it does look enough like an arm holding a camera that we shouldn't dismiss your idea completely, but I think we would need a better explanation for the blocked horizontal line unless I'm missing something.

I really have no idea what it is, but the photographer might.
edit on 25-4-2014 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Here's the photo of what it looks like in the daytime. Took this photo when I took mother home. The address of the driveway he pulled into is on the mail box. He tried to take an exact photo in the daylight. He was not sure the zoom was the same, but he tried like crazy to figure out the picture he took.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Sorry this photo does not show the address I think this site shrinks photos because I can see the address on my computer with the saved picture..... the address is 5304 New Carlisle Pike, Springfield, OH. Not our address just a house he pulled into.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: FraZZleD38

Was that photo taken with the same camera?

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

Was that photo taken with the same camera?

Yes it was.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur
a reply to: conundrummer
Interesting idea, but I see a couple of problems with it.

1. While a solid arm could block the horizontal line, I don't understand how a reflection would block it whether it's the windowsill or the white line at the road edge. In order for the reflection of an arm to block it, it would have to be something behind the arm, in the opposite direction, and in that case how could the horizontal line be a window sill or road edge line?

2. The second vehicle I owned was rare in the sense it had flat side windows. it was an old jeep-like thing with doors which were perfectly flat which explained how they could hold the flat glass. But most modern cars have doors that curve in at the top so the glass also curves in at the top. This creates two effects with reflections, a slight distortion due to the curvature (think funhouse effect), and more importantly, the reflection doesn't come straight back at you. if you look out horizsontally, because the glass isn't vertical.

There are a couple of ways around #2, if the vehicle was the very rare type like I had with vertical side window glass. If it didn't then you might imagine scrunching down to aim up a little which could still make such a reflection on the angled glass, but this would be a lot easier to do on the passenger side than the drivers side so it would be interesting to know if the photo was taken from inside the car and from which side.

That still leaves problem 1 though. However it does look enough like an arm holding a camera that we shouldn't dismiss your idea completely, but I think we would need a better explanation for the blocked horizontal line unless I'm missing something.

I really have no idea what it is, but the photographer might.

He parked the car in a strangers driveway facing north he got out of the car and turned around facing south and took the photo which was a little south west. As it flew away he followed that road which veers off at the corner and kept driving for a few miles. Then it was out of site.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: sparrowstail
Did your son report any humming sounds,My son heard nothing the girl says she heard a very faint hum nothing loud at all. feelings of static electricity in the air. How about electronics? Any mal-functions with car or phones or other? How about psychological phenoms? Any feelings or thoughts conveyed during his sighting? Any residual feelings or messages I guess other than the normal fear and bewilderment?
No to all the other questions......

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

And the Victory Field I searched for a run way but all I see is a field with no where to land.

Here's FAA details for Victory Field Airport , it has two turf runways.
Victory Field

To me it seems like a likely candidate as it is almost exactly where you say the sighting was.
In the airport notes there's mention of an 100ft tower 2,5 miles NE of that location , you could check to see if that is lit up at night .

I'll be out there Tuesday night I'll be looking for lights on both sides of the road while it's dark. Thanks for the information.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: romilo
a reply to: Arbitrageur

If entertain possiblity its ufo, then this image could be showing some sort of energy based "elevator" that greyish area and then could that greenish are be actual alien being in the ground area of greyish area, it kinda looks like hes tall and slim looking up long hands on the side. Thats just how i see it but ofcourse i wasnt there experiencing the situation but i can entertain this possibility, i seen some weird objects in the sky also.

I have to laugh because after studying the photo on my desk top which gives me a huge view I saw what you were talking about!!!!! I pointed it out to my son.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: FraZZleD38
This is where he says they saw it.......

Based on that image and using Google's Street View, this is what I got.

Looking at that post with the mailbox, I think this is very close to the place where the photo was taken, but for the post to cross the white line it means the photo was taken from the field and not from the road, pointing south instead of north, and in that case the camera was pointing more or less in the same direction as in the following image.

He was parked in the driveway of the yellow house got out of the car and turned around and took the photo. I asked if maybe he was taking the pictures higher up and got the cable lines in the bottom of the photo and he tried that and said no I was doing this. More towards the ground I think what I thought was the fence was the mailbox but I can't figure out the lines on both sides of the mailbox nothing makes sense about that.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Well it's getting late I want to thank everyone for all your help. I hope I can find the spot he was standing in tomorrow. If I do I'll post a photo of it in the day light.
Thanks for following up, it's nice to see some research like this! Hope you can post something of the same view from the same spot in daylight which should at least help us identify the foreground object which probably hadn't moved if it's a fencepost as you suspect.

a reply to: ArMaP
Thanks ArMaP, I was going to try something similar but when FraZZleD38 said they might try to post a daytime image from the same spot I decided to just wait and see if that is posted.

It's great how everyone works together to try and figure this out. I was expecting to be ridiculed and made fun of for just posting. The people here are grate!!!! I was hoping someone would be able to pull out the image but it looks like that's not going to happen. I guess he just has a lousy cell phone for photos... Again thanks everyone for everything.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kratos40
Based on the original picture, I know some ATS people can tease out some details from the darkness. No offense to Arbigatreur, but that was awful.

Not much can be done with a photo that has only 1407 colours, with 97.5% of all the pixels having just 6 colours.

I think your right but thanks for trying!

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: researcher88

Good research here, I have a question as well, anyone know whether it was windy, or still, this will also affect the sound question.
Good question They said it was a little windy.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   

a reply to: researcher88
I used to watch airplanes come in for a landing at the airport from a water tower just outside the airport. I could almost always see the planes long before I could hear them. So wouldn't dismiss an airplane explanation just because you can't hear it.

Also at Chicago O'hare, from the ground, I could see over a dozen planes stacked up for landings in the glide paths, and I couldn't hear any of them, until they got reasonably close.

Takeoffs are much noisier than landings though.

Yes, wind speed and direction can affect how much sound you hear from the plane.

I work at an airport and the lights in this picture don't look like any of the planes that fly around my airport.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: conundrummer

When I see the moon just over the treetops while driving it looks like the moon is flying over the treetops in a similar illusion.

Can he identify that structure in the foreground? Given that and the direction he might be able to see if there is a structure in the background as viewed from that angle with lights on it that would match this.

I think the structure in the foreground is a reflection of the guy's upheld camera taking the picture and reflecting off of his car window, much like what we recently saw with the deer camera "UFO". I'm basing this on the fact that the structure seems to be interrupting the horizontal grey/blue line which is presumably the car's windowsill or possibly a paint line on the side of the road. If it were a structure like a telephone pole or tower it should appear on the opposite side of that horizontal line.

It doesn't explain the lights but it probably explains the one enhanceable feature in the photo.

I thought that was a possibility also that's why I asked him if he was inside the car or outside the car when the photo was taken.... He said he was outside. I'm really stumped over that line.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: conundrummer
Using my proprietary image editing software, I've managed to further enhance the photo:
i59.photobucket.com...

(just kidding guys
)

ROFL...............

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Thanks, now if wind was in their direction and no sound, we can consider this as non air plane, but wind in other directions can be planes and you will not hear them. especially at night and in open acoustics.
We live in wide open areas here in South Africa. If you were in a game park and wind was in your direction you can easily hear a lion roar from miles. but if wind was blowing away from you the lion could be as much as 1/2 mile away and you will not hear him.
Please remember, I am not a debunker, but I do believe in proving a fault etc by the elimination process.

I'm also a ufo researcher, and much research shows they don't want to surprise us by showing up in a city and shock the hell out of all of us, instead they do it discretely, often in farm lands, and very often open vision, to only who they want to see them.

If your son is interested in ufo it might already be a key.
From my own experience, if you believe they exist and you want to see them you will, they will show themselves in a very subtle way.
The beings can read your thoughts, I have experimented, if you, through your mind, let them know you want to see them, they will appear.
But unfortunately there are many of those nuts in the world, that will see a halo round the sun or moon and report it to 911 as a ufo.

blessings

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: researcher88

now if wind was in their direction and no sound, we can consider this as non air plane, but wind in other directions can be planes and you will not hear them. especially at night and in open acoustics.

Not necessarily , wind speed and direction can change at different altitudes.

From my own experience, if you believe they exist and you want to see them you will, they will show themselves in a very subtle way.

No doubt but that doesn't mean what you are observing is extraterrestrial

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
If you or your son could take a picture from this same direction but zoomed out to show the whole mailbox down to where the post goes into the ground, you would probably see what the 'line' is that is showing in the 'pixilated' (don't now the term) version, of the original photo, which someone posted on page one of the thread....

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Here's the photo of what it looks like in the daytime. Took this photo when I took mother home. The address of the driveway he pulled into is on the mail box. He tried to take an exact photo in the daylight. He was not sure the zoom was the same, but he tried like crazy to figure out the picture he took.
Thanks for trying, but obviously the semi-horizontal line thing is not present nor is any daytime view of what was blocking it. It's not easy to get the exact same view.

a reply to: lostgirl
Yes the daytime photo isn't really the same view, but the nighttime shot is really puzzling as to what is actually blocking that white line. It's not necessary to zoom out, probably taking some steps backward to include the road would include the rest of the mailbox and the light road edge line but I still don't understand how the nighttime view will be duplicated, because the mailbox is past the road edge line. The mailboxes aren't the road, so I still don't understand the night view.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join