It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My son saw his first UFO 4-23-14

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   
The other night my son was out in the country driving to his brothers house. His girlfriend with him pointed to something in the field. He pulled to try and get a picture of it. It took off just as he stopped. My son started chasing it as best as he could. Going about 75 mph on a dark country road. He said it looked like a UFO. His girlfriend got scared. I asked if he got a video of it and he said no but he did get 1 photo of it just before it took off. It was hovering low over an empty field. Here's the photo he took.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Where did this happen?

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Jacker44

Springfield, OH.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: FraZZleD38

I tried to find a horizon by lightening the image and couldn't find any horizon, but I did find some interesting things. Looks somewhat like a tower like object in the foreground with lights on it, then maybe another tower in the background with lights on it. Since there's no horizon in between, I'm not convinced anything in this image is flying, though I suppose it's possible. Because of the different distances there would appear to be relative motion between stationary lights on the ground giving the illusion of a UFO moving.

When I see the moon just over the treetops while driving it looks like the moon is flying over the treetops in a similar illusion.

Can he identify that structure in the foreground? Given that and the direction he might be able to see if there is a structure in the background as viewed from that angle with lights on it that would match this.
edit on 25-4-2014 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Did your son (or his companion) experience any other extraordinary phenomena such as missing time or anything similar?

You say this is the first time your son has witnessed something such as this. Has anyone else close to you or even you yourself witnessed any similar phenomena?
If so, was it a reoccurring event or a singular happening? We're there any missing tine episodes involved?

This may seem like an odd question for someone not familiar with this field but were there any livestock in the area that you know of?

Have you asked your son to report the incident? I would recommend reporting the event to Peter Davenport here: www.nuforc.org...

I'm interested to see what the resident photo analysts and skeptics here at ATS will have to say regarding the photo you provided. It looks interesting but still is nothing more than a series of lights against a dark backdrop, which could be anything.

I, however prefer to deal in circumstantial evidence and anecdotal eyewitness accounts. Your son seems legit. Can you think of any reason at all he would lie? What was his demeanor like when he related the sighting to you? Do you believe him?

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur
Yep looks like a tower or someting

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Hmm...

Is it just me or does it look like the object there in the foreground extends beyond the bottom of the pic? It looks like it is right in front of the photographer. Could be wrong.

Whatever it is it certainly is close to the photographer in the pic in the OP you can see it breaking the white line along the side of the road... odd.
edit on Cam1Friday0820141930Fri, 25 Apr 2014 01:08:19 -05002014 by CagliostroTheGreat because: cannot abide a typo/eta

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat

Did your son (or his companion) experience any other extraordinary phenomena such as missing time or anything similar My other son and I saw a UFO fly over my house 2 summers ago. NO

You say this is the first time your son has witnessed something such as this. Has anyone else close to you or even you yourself witnessed any similar phenomena? My other son and I saw a UFO fly over my house 2 summers ago.
If so, was it a reoccurring event or a singular happening? We're there any missing tine episodes involved?

This may seem like an odd question for someone not familiar with this field but were there any livestock in the area that you know of? Its farming area so yes there is livestock all around.

Have you asked your son to report the incident? I would recommend reporting the event to Peter Davenport here: www.nuforc.org... Reported it to MUFON.

I'm interested to see what the resident photo analysts and skeptics here at ATS will have to say regarding the photo you provided. It looks interesting but still is nothing more than a series of lights against a dark backdrop, which could be anything.

I, however prefer to deal in circumstantial evidence and anecdotal eyewitness accounts. Your son seems legit. Can you think of any reason at all he would lie? Nope he's visited his brother many times. What was his demeanor like when he related the sighting to you? His girlfriend was afraid and my son was excited.Do you believe. Knowing my son I sure do!!!

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: drneville
Yep looks like a tower or someting

Sorry but there are no towers in that area.... It's just plain farm land.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 01:42 AM
link   
This is where he says they saw it.......

link   
Based on the original picture, I know some ATS people can tease out some details from the darkness. No offense to Arbigatreur, but that was awful.

If my computer wasn't so old and slow, I would try to use my old Photoshop skills to elucidate some details. Anyone have any commercial forensic programs?

link   

Thank you for your answers. Seems like your son certainly believes he saw something out there. Keep us updated if anything else occurs!

Regarding the photo, can you help identify what the object blocking the line in the road is? There is something there and it almost seems as though the lights are perched atop this object.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Thank you for your answers. Seems like your son certainly believes he saw something out there. Keep us updated if anything else occurs!

Regarding the photo, can you help identify what the object blocking the line in the road is? There is something there and it almost seems as though the lights are perched atop this object.

Sorry I'm really bad at this....lol. It's the best I could do....

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Haha... no problem at all. Thanks for helping us figure this out as I honestly believe your son witnessed something he had no explanation for. Hopefully we can identify this and get some answers for him. Though it is fairly anomalous.

So, to clarify, was he standing behind the fence line? I was under the impression he was in the road but I probably just missed something like a dummy...

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   
This might be a violation of T&C but I am curious how long have you worked for DHS ?

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Ummm, everyone? Did you forget the OP said the son was able to only get one photo of this thing? If it were lights or in a stationary position or some tower type structure, it wouldn't have disappeared on him...and if it were just lights on an elevated platform even when driving he still would have seen what about 5 or 6 lights, because as OP stated (and is seen on the map) it's just farmland, so there wouldn't be any trees in the way to block the lights...

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Haha... no problem at all. Thanks for helping us figure this out as I honestly believe your son witnessed something he had no explanation for. Hopefully we can identify this and get some answers for him. Though it is fairly anomalous.

So, to clarify, was he standing behind the fence line? I was under the impression he was in the road but I probably just missed something like a dummy...

He was in the road looking at it. I suspect the fence was between him and the object. I'm taking my mother home tomorrow maybe I can figure out where it all took place based on this photo...... And get a picture in the daytime.
I was hoping someone here had some kind of photo editor that could bring out the object better......

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: LightningStrikesHere

11 years

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: FraZZleD38
a reply to: LightningStrikesHere

11 years

Thanks for the honest answer

Ill message you on how i found that out so you can take the nessary steps on keeping that info secure.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I live in WV and can attest to the activity of SOME kind of UFO (not saying it is alien, but definitely strange) in the Tri-State area, if that helps. What I seen was 1 light stationary for a time, then a flash and GONE.

A second later a friend of mine on the phone said that he saw something moving very fast at his home a few miles away flashing red, blue, and green.

If that is one of the triangles I have seen them around here before. Very beautiful to watch mid-flight.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join