It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the end of humanity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I have been thinking this for a while. but with this world spinning out of control I feel like we are going to have to suffer great casualties for humanity and the planet to survive. I think we are breeding our selves into extinction. theres only so much room and food. on this planet and we running out of it and I feel this over population is creating the madness in the world with starvation, violence, war. and it is just going to get worse until it comes to a head.

which leads me to my point. man has always feared pandemics and global killing cataclysms that would put a end to the world as we know it. but I feel that is the only way man kind will survive and the planet will sustain. I guess I believe in the less is more. ONLY out of the ashes will man kind survive.

For those of you thinking I want people to die so I can have a better life. trust me Im not that lucky I would be one of the first to go. I am just thinking on a larger scale for the sake of saving a species.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   
“Anticipating the end of the world is humanitys oldest pastime”
-David Mitchell Cloud Atlas

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: soloharmony

Short of the gods or Earth herself killing us, there will be no end to humanity. We have, at this very point in human history, all of the resources necessary to feed, house, and clothe every person in the world.

It is all a matter of consensus, choice, and a consensus on those choices.

We have shown through industrial revolution what humanity can do when we pull together. This advancement in our history was far ahead of any social revolution that would be necessary to put it to good use but it will come in time. Our technological achievements have far outpaced our social ones and, once they catch up to each other, there will be no stopping our species.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Even if the planet was to ignite in war tomorrow humans would find a way to survive. We only have ourselves to blame for the other issues because we have become so reckless and let the population spiral out of control which cannot meet the food demand. But in saying that I believe the world could meet the food demand, it's just we have greedy a/holes who want to squeeze every last dime out of you and will not give up anything without a price tag. The amount of food that goes to waste in supermarkets etc is a joke.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Id say mans desire to divide and conquer could be among the greatest and multitude of reasons. I'd even go as far to say it's in our blood. When I think about this, up close the issue is far more complexed and it's beyond my comprehension. Its just one of those topics.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   
The entire world population could fit in the state of Rhode Island.
There are enough resources on our planet to support every man, woman, and child comfortably.
They ONLY reason for a single human to do without is greed.
Half of the worlds wealth is owned by 1% of the entire population.

In other words, there is more than enough to go around- but a select few are too selfish to share.

edit on 4u1010America/Chicago301 by nugget1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
The coldest time of the night is just before sunrise. The sun will rise and it will be a new day and the birds will start singing.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   

If evolution has it's way, it will be the cockroach and a bacteria fighting it out in the end.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Short of a biblical apocalypse, or a twist of cosmic fate (asteroid impact for example), I think the species will be around for a good long while yet.

The only question will be, in what state of affairs would a traveler in time find our species, in one hundred, or a thousand years. Will we avoid making things harder for ourselves by way of nuclear war? Will the many finally unseat the few from power? Will a system of government emerge which empowers every individual equally, rather than allowing a minority of schemers to absorb the wealth from everyone else's hard work? Will politics be opened up so that every persons say is valued and accounted for on every issue, rather than just on who gets to hold the tiller?

Will we finally free ourselves from the evils of fossil fuel dependance (which is the reason why energy costs money to use, rather than being gathered by passive means like hyper efficient solar panels and so on, across the board)? Will we begin to explore space properly, rather than compromising at every stage on the reach and scope of our attempts?

These are the questions which will be answered only by the passage of time. It is true that the human race is approaching a period in its history, where greater change than ever before, is afoot. The technological and scientific breakthroughs which have come about in the last couple of decades, and the things which are ahead by all accounts, represent steps forward that were scarcely imaginable not so long ago. How we approach the issues I have outlined, will dictate how well the species deals with the next thousand years of its existence. I am confident however, that it WILL deal with at least that much more time. The only question is how scarred it will be, how altered, and how it affects its habitat during that period.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: cass1dy09
“Anticipating the end of the world is humanitys oldest pastime”
-David Mitchell Cloud Atlas

That statement is patently untrue. Only fleetingly has humanity thought of itself as a collective and the first thought of individuals in a collective or not is about personal death.

top topics

join