It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HOAX EXPOSED: Full Clip of Bundy’s Non-Racist, Pro-Black, Pro-Mexican, Anti-Government Remarks Vs.

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArtemisE
a reply to: snarky412

Using Uncle Tom isn't frowned upon in the black communities I grew up in... It's a negative term, but black people arnt offended the same way they are with n****r. Republicans have been trying to make Uncle Tom the same as the n word.

It's a negative... Like calling some one a sellout. But not the same. N*****r is a term to describe a race. Uncle Tom is a term to describe a sell out.

Being a minority in a group of a hundred blacks, I'm not going to take that chance. LOL
It being a negative word is why many frown upon it
[especially when being said by a white guy]

Depending on the attitude of people, a crowd's mood can change on a dime
All it takes is that one remark and another person to take offense to turn a happy day into a crazy free for all madness

And the 'N' word....oh hell no!!
No way-- no how!! I love life too much...

edit on 26-4-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=17849805]TKDRL[/

A race traitor is a sell out to there race...

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Lets make this simple... This mans comments were racist and the media twisted it to there own advantage, but to claim that they have been twisted to make them more racist is false. Twisted? Yes! but racist with no help needed. They (media) just used choice editing to further their propaganda. Its a waste of time for us to sit here and argue the facts.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   

johnny cash too white?

here..

i'm surprised no one posted this before.

did everyone forget?

plenty of whites and others picked cotton, too, like johnny cash.
no one ever used "that cotton picking... blah blah?" what did that even mean?!

i must be really, really old. sigh.

it's a shame bundy is getting bbq'd over this.
being a ward of the state is better than getting out there and working?

what's the difference? 6 of 1 or 1/2 doz of another?
we are all slaves to someone or something, don't fool yourselves.

edit on 3055484830pm2014 by tsingtao because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: tsingtao

No but being a ward of the state is better then being a slave.... The whole point of the thread...

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ArtemisE

Hehe a white person has picked cotton before....so it's not racist to tell black people they should be picking cotton.... Lmao your funny. Do y'all really think y'all make sense?

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I believe that what Bundy said was clearly racist leaning. And if not racist, really stupid. Even after watching the whole thing. But you know what is more relevant? The Bill of Rights still affords protections to racist people. Even if you hate what he is saying, he has a right to say it. Just like he has a right to privacy and to own cattle. And his cattle is also protected by our establishing documents: The Constitution and The Bill of Rights. So who or what he is should not really change what happened in the least.

Bundy was stupid to say what he said. But this is clearly political spin doctor stuff trying to confuse the issue. When politicians hear racist they start pulling away because they are afraid of backlash. But what they should be saying is "Well he sounds racist, but that still doesn't give us a right to take his cows." There is no asterisk in the Bill of Rights with racist exemptions. What he says or believes is not really relevant to the issue.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   

a reply to: [post=17849805]TKDRL[/

A race traitor is a sell out to there race...

This is the problem. How is a black person who says they are not offended by this selling out their race? Does the whole race have to hold the exact same opinions and beliefs?

I am white, and I have many heard things that were supposedly offensive to whites that I said didn't bother me. So now I am a race traitor right? Do you see how ridiculous that sounds.

The term uncle tom is offensive in so many ways. It implies that all blacks must think alike, and to me that is belittling. Could it be that black people, much like people of any color, are individuals capable of having their own beliefs?

I have personally seen black people I know having there voiced silenced by the claim of them being uncle tom for ridiculous things, like not speaking or dressing correctly. It is a term that is used to stifle individuality and debate, and anyone who uses it is either lazy and refusing to refute the claims a person is making, or is a racist that thinks blacks must all think alike.

I only mention this because of the irony of the people in this thread using this term are the very same with a problem with Bundys choice of words.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

No an Uncle Tom doesn't make any assumptions on how all black people feel. It makes the assumption that the single person in question is a sell out. It makes no assumption on anything else. Black people don't look at Uncle Tom as a racist statement.... conservatives do. Its a negative statement. It's like calling someone an @$$ hole or wait for it.....a sell out. An Uncle Tom could be any race or none. You could be an Uncle Tom in buisness or family life as well. If my white cousin were to snitch on me... I might call him an Uncle Tom. He sold out a family member.

Conservatives are desperate to prove their not racists... The left is..... So they throw everything at the wall to see what sticks.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   

No an Uncle Tom doesn't make any assumptions on how all black people feel. It makes the assumption that the single person in question is a sell out. It makes no assumption on anything else. Black people don't look at Uncle Tom as a racist statement.... conservatives do. Its a negative statement. It's like calling someone an @$$ hole or wait for it.....a sell out. An Uncle Tom could be any race or none. You could be an Uncle Tom in buisness or family life as well. If my white cousin were to snitch on me... I might call him an Uncle Tom. He sold out a family member.

Conservatives are desperate to prove their not racists... The left is..... So they throw everything at the wall to see what sticks.

Just because the term can be used against white people (which I have never heard) doesn't mean it isn't a racial connotation. For example, "the n word" is used towards white people all the time, does that mean it isn't a racist term.

And it does make assumptions on how black people are supposed to think. When someon is an uncle tom (as it has been used in this thread) what is he selling out from? The black community.

So in this thread, the black men that gave interviews that said they weren't offended by Bundys comments were called uncle toms. In other words, if you are black, and you don't think this is offensive, you have sold out your race. So you are saying all black people must think alike in this situation.

You would never say this about a white person. Like if I am white and agree with a black man saying that historically white people have been born into a position of privilege , you wouldn't say I am a race traitor. You would assume that I am an individual that doesn't speak for anyone but myself, and that there are plenty of other white people that also would agree with me.

Why don't you give black people the same courtesy?

eta:
And I am not a conservative, so that has nothing to do with me. Again for being a person calling Bundy a racist you are quick to lump everyone into a group and make broad judgments about them.
edit on 26-4-2014 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Just because your not a conservative doesn't mean you haven't bought into some of there propaganda.

I don't think bundy is a racist at all. I think he's a gullible old man who had a bunch of right wing idiots adopt his cause and start giving him advice. In there stratagy sessions it was all welfare queens and bs Fox News talking points. From these stratagy sessions he got all jacket up on right wing propaganda and told his followers exactly what he thought they wanted to hear. A right wing manifesto, only most of that you don't say in public....

I think the black guys backing him know he's a well meaning old coot. Who didn't really mean it the way it came out.

But the STATEMENT was still racist.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369

What you posted is a social consensus statement of a cross section of the profession in America. It's no different than a consensus statement from the United Separatists League or some such. That's a pack of cultural anthropologists suffering from the the guilt trips they find themselves facing and gushing their apologies for their behavior in the past.
As well they should be apologizing for treating humans as "subjects" to be studied.
The fact remains that if you put two skulls side by side, a black one and a white one, any physical anthropologist can tell you from simple measurements which is which. That is science.
People who call themselves "social" scientists are fooling themselves. They are into putting people into neat little boxes and slapping a label on them. There is nothing social about being treated like a lab rat.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 03:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: snarky412
a reply to: anon72

Well....remember how the MSM edited Zimmerman's 911 call to make him sound racist??

They really need to sock it to these people who insist on editing clips and place a hefty fine on top of it!!
Not no slap on the wrist fine but a 'I'll never do it again' fine

Long, hard, depressing prison time NOT a fine.

Money is what these people do, it doesn't hurt them if it comes in or goes out, they have so much of it, they don't care.

They would care if they were sent to jail though...that'l work.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

Agreed. Jail time/loss of "Press" perks as well

Here is a good thread related somewhat to this one:

I'm Flabbergasted At The Unprecedented Ignorance *Some* Members Are Displaying
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This whole Bundy matter sure has brought out passions in people, that is for sure.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Anon72 I really feel you have disrespected your name sake with the name and assumption of this thread. Anonymous is an anti disinformation group. One I think most of us at ATS revere. You naming this post hoax was exactly the kind of thing anonymous doesn't do. Posting " full bundy video not quite as racist" would be fair... But calling it a hoax is some faux news bs. You should be ashamed of using that name.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Cry me a river.

I used anon72 long before AnoN came along.

Gotta love the noobs.

And by the way, it is the title of the Article. Pleaes refer to the T&C's.

I didn't add anything but a little ATS love.....

Now, get ready for my next thread..... You're gonna want to be right in on it...

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Just because your not a conservative doesn't mean you haven't bought into some of there propaganda.

I don't think bundy is a racist at all. I think he's a gullible old man who had a bunch of right wing idiots adopt his cause and start giving him advice. In there stratagy sessions it was all welfare queens and bs Fox News talking points. From these stratagy sessions he got all jacket up on right wing propaganda and told his followers exactly what he thought they wanted to hear. A right wing manifesto, only most of that you don't say in public....

I think the black guys backing him know he's a well meaning old coot. Who didn't really mean it the way it came out.

But the STATEMENT was still racist.

I have not once defended what Bundy said. I merely stated you and others on this thread calling black people that were not bothered by his statements uncle tom were out of line and offensive and racist.

Again, I normally could care less at someone being close minded and offensive, but the irony is you are all the people that are offended by what he said. You have accused someone of saying something racist, and have used racism to belittle the people who disagree with you.

Why don't you turn that judgmental scope on yourself? Maybe you have fallen for propaganda? At least I am trying to back my statements up with well reasoned arguments. You have yet to defend your use of the term uncle tom.

Also for the record, just screaming that anyone who doesn't agree with you is buying in to right wing propaganda is pathetic and does nothing to further your argument. It makes you look desperate and lazy.

As I pointed out in a previous post, the idea that the state and capital have made people into slaves was first made by ultra leftist, the post modernist like Michel Foucualt. Was he also getting his info from Fox news talking points?

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   

First off, I've never called anyone who defended bundy an Uncle Tom.

Secondly the reason I said that about right wing talking points is because you keep spouting them!

Only in right-wing world is Uncle Tom equivalent with calling some one a n****r. That's a talking point strait off Fox News. No group of African Americans except the small amount of conservative African Americans thinks Uncle Tom is even on the same planet as any if the other racial slurs.

Two white people could say uncle tom on the subway and be overheard with no consequences. However let the same two people be overheard saying n****r or porch monkey and see what reaction you get. :p
As I said only in right-wing circles is it considered the same thing.

It's a case of " when we talk about your blacks it's racist, but when you talk about ours it's ok?" When really it's about what you say not who your talking about. When you lump all of a race into one group in a negative way. It's racist. When you call one person a racial sell-out its racial. There's a difference.

The leftist you mentioned didn't say the only effected party was one race. That blacks were more likely to take the hand outs and be lazy. Even if he had I don't know how one activist decades ago means all liberals feel the same way he did. That's what's known in educated circles as a false equivalence. Something you conservatives are amazing at.

All my posts are logical and thought out. I'm not saying I'm always right.... But I'm always logical..... I'm not the one who believes the dinosaurs were put here by the devil to confuse us... That's your sides take.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

If that's been your user name since before anonymous then I apologize. I jumped that conclusion.

That said weather the disinformation started with you or the web site you sourced. It's still untrue and propaganda. You copying it and putting it on ATS as if there was a hoax means your helping to spread the disinformation.

You can tell a large portion of the people who posted here did so before they watched the full version. The only difference between the two videos is in the full version he says he loves black people before the comments that he's under fire for. It wouldn't have mattered which video the mainstream media posted... The reaction would be the same. So hoax is not just the wrong word... It's obviously disinformation.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Let it go. Move on... To this and the real issue. Illegal land grabs and treason against the people of the USA by the head of the US Senate.

Judge Jeanine ON "DIRTY" HARRY, BLM LAND GRABS IN NEVADA AND TEXAS (Treasonous)
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It doesn't get any clearer than this post will explain.

And hardly any Bundy. you will be happy

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join