It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HOAX EXPOSED: Full Clip of Bundy’s Non-Racist, Pro-Black, Pro-Mexican, Anti-Government Remarks Vs.

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ArtemisE

Those lazy @$$ talls..... Always walkin around up there breathing all the good air......

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

I agree, I will not argue on that point, these stupid categories of reason are a throwback to long gone periods in American history, i see it like this, people are too surface, they need to really look at themselves, world history, migrations and overall reality, that we have all at some point had a "join" in the genetic subset, we are so much more alike but it's sad the invention of Black and White, I am clearly not white, but closer to black, makes you forcibly choose sides or be put in either box even if you are neither, seriously.

edit on 26-4-2014 by phinubian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
Rather than trying to clarify and defend what was said, people involved should distance themselves from Bundy and try to shift focus back onto government overreach, land grabs, corruption, and excessive use of force, abuse of power, state rights vs federal etc.

Fighting for this man now means losing the battle.

IMO

Fighting for this man does indeed mean losing the battle, but so does "shifting the focus back onto government overreach, land grabs, corruption, and excessive use of force, abuse of power, state rights vs federal etc.

The govt. didn't "overreach, grab anyone's land, use excessive force, abuse their power or violate any state's rights."

They used the court system to win judgements against Bundy for failure to pay his grazing fees and fundamentally trespassing with his cattle on federal land. When Bundy refused to abide by the court orders, the government used it's authority to utilize force to insure the court's rulings were upheld.

No different than when George Washington personally led 13,000 militia men to enforce the whiskey tax on protesting farmers known as the "Whiskey Rebellion." Compared to how our "founding fathers" handled similar situations back in the good old days, the recent federal response at the Bundy ranch seems pretty modest.

The only proven "corruption" that I've seen with respect to this case is the fact that Cliven Bundy is attempting to defraud the federal govt. out of duly owed grazing fees and refusing to abide by the court orders. I can't begin to imagine what the response would be if Cliven Bundy were black or God forbid, muslim. Who would them "freedom loving patriots" be showing up to support then?

All those crap allegations are really nothing more than prime fodder created for the sole purpose of antagonizing the anti-govt. nut-job crowd that describe themselves as freedom loving patriots. Then again, maybe you could get Darrell Issa to lead the charge. Especially seeing how there's nothing he likes more than fake scandals.

edit on 26-4-2014 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Mission accomplished…for some. While the ongoing racist/not racist is going on Agenda 21 is happening. In our area residents have formed a collation to keep the federal land grabbers from taking over 17.8 million acres in Missouri and Arkansas. Most people are not even aware of what it means when a watershed area is declared and what that means for private land ownership. Watershed means every square inch of land from which rainfall runoff eventually draws into the watershed including your backyard even if you live many miles away.

Secretarial Order 3321 establishing the “National Blueways System.” This system, according to the Secretarial Order would – “provide a new national emphasis on the unique value and significance of a ‘headwaters to mouth’ approach to river management and create a mechanism to encourage stakeholders to integrate their land and water stewardship efforts by adopting a watershed approach.” Bureaus within Interior, to the extent permitted by law and consistent with their missions, policies, and resources, shall endeavor to align the execution of agency plans and implementation of agency programs to protect, restore, and enhance the natural, cultural, and/or recreational resources associated with designated National Blueways. According to the Order, it appears that any watershed in the United States could be designated without any vote in Congress and without proper public notice. The Order states that: “Following consideration of recommendations made by the Committee, the Secretary may designate the river and its associated watershed as a National Blueway that will become part of the National Blueways System.”

Statements from the gov...the acquisition of property for easements or buffers through outright purchase or the granting of such.
~
And of course for those that don't wish to relinquish the gov has other ways to remedy the situation.

I watched Cliven's interview with Chris Cuomo and I was saddened. While Cliven usually is spiffed up with a ready smile, he had been up all night trying to save Brave, a calf found, finally, among the brush. I was used to seeing a different man. Today I saw a very worn and frazzled old man. While I wished he could have had a spokesperson to clearly articulate the restrictions of federal land ownership according to the Constitution he mostly just kept going on, stumbling in his words, it is about state sovereignty and that the feds can't own all this land just land under military and Lake Mead, stumbling on the other examples, but he was so beaten down, so obviously sad, points were not laid out clearly and Chris reminded me of a dog in attack. But Chris was doing what he is told to do by his handlers/the ones who dictate public propaganda.

But what does it matter eh, just a racist old white man who mooches off 'our' public lands. If you think they are 'ours' then ignorance must be bliss. Standing up for what is right, what is just, few have the calling. What this old man is trying to tell everyone is we are all on the platter to be served up to a federal government that has Agenda 21 not only in their sights but is in the process of implementing it as we sleep (literally and figuratively).

Think your area is safe? Think again. In our area we are already seeing changes. Hay farmers are being told what they should put on their crops, chemicals that some of us, many, consider toxic and a hazard to livestock.

In Texas presently the feds want to seized something like 193 miles of the Red River/seize private land without paying/because they did that in 1986, 140 acres and guess what, the fed courts sided with the feds (shock) stealing those acres from a rancher that has 90, 000 acres without paying one penny. Now they want the rest of the 90,000. There are no disputed grazing fees or question of who owns what except boundary squabbling between Texas and Oklahoma/the feds simply have decided they want it so fabricate a reason to do so (Texas and Okla are not so agreeable to the idea btw).

Texas Land Grab

Or how about Shoshone Farmer, Raymond Yowell? I have seen a pattern with the land grabs that 'seems like' old men are a fav target.

Now at 81, Yowell can adapt no more. His Livestock Association questioned why he and the Shoshone had to pay a grazing fee for their own land and request a copy of the permit. They had been paying a fee every year since 1940 but none of them had ever signed any document. The mater was turned over to the Bureau of Land Management and no one there could provide any document to support the fee, so Yowell and his Livestock Association quite paying the bill in 1984. The grass was still growing and the cattle were still grazing 19 years later when on May 24, 2002 the BLM sent armed rangers and three semi’s to confiscate all of the cattle. To add insult to injury, the BLM sent Yowell a bill for copy80,000 for his part of the total $2.5 million in unpaid grazing fees and fines that the BLM said they were owed. When Yowell told them he was retired and his cattle were his only income, the BLM garnished 15 percent of his small social security check. He never received any money from the sale of his cattle.

These are just a few stories. Inquiring minds might want to investigate what has been going on in Antelope Valley California for many years.

Or

California Fish and Game Commission ruled in favor of the Long fin and Delta smelt (a two inch minnow) over the livelihoods of 60,000 workers and land owners in California’s San Joaquin Valley, considered by many to be the richest and most productive farmland in the nation. The environmentalists shut off the water pumps to farmers, prohibiting them from irrigating their fields. Aside from the vast loss in food production to the world, the workers all went on unemployment overnight.

~
So you can argue till ha, the cows come home, but Agenda 21 is happening as you sleep and soon weep. This old man is standing up for what he believes is right. How many here are willing to lay their life and livelihood on the line? People seek to destroy what they don't understand. There is the distinct possibility this family will be physically harmed or killed for these convictions. A family that stands together 110%. I salute them all. At the very least the probability of having everything stolen, land, cows, everything. I shudder to think what the next roundup of the cows will be like and how many more will be shot while standing still or from helicopters that are running them to death.

Maybe you think you live in the city so you're safe. Well not if your square footage is more than what is deemed sustainable. How about living in an 800 square foot high-rise. They are already being built and touted as going green/the responsible citizen ya da.

And even if confined to a city do you think you can get away from it all on the weekend camping trip/think again. The land will be for wildlife only (and select elite). Not so public 'public lands'.

How I wish with my whole heart more people could see the danger we all face.

Let's see, did he really say negro, colored, slave?

Back to your local programming~

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: arosebyanyothername

Very well put together.

The urbanites seem unable to understand any of it.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flatfish

originally posted by: ausername
Rather than trying to clarify and defend what was said, people involved should distance themselves from Bundy and try to shift focus back onto government overreach, land grabs, corruption, and excessive use of force, abuse of power, state rights vs federal etc.

Fighting for this man now means losing the battle.

IMO

Fighting for this man does indeed mean losing the battle, but so does "shifting the focus back onto government overreach, land grabs, corruption, and excessive use of force, abuse of power, state rights vs federal etc.

The govt. didn't "overreach, grab anyone's land, use excessive force, abuse their power or violate any state's rights."

They used the court system to win judgements against Bundy for failure to pay his grazing fees...

Compared to how our "founding fathers" handled similar situations back in the good old days, the recent federal response at the Bundy ranch seems pretty modest.

Please be accurate/it is not just grazing fees. Attached to those fees was herd reduction to 100/150 head and grazing limited to aprox 6 months out of the year. It was designed to put him out of business as they did the other 52 ranchers in the area.

Pretty modest? Um, sure, killing cows (not approved by the courts that you love to tout) and destruction of 100 year old wells and watering troughs (also not approved), inhumane roundup practices and holding pens, pointing guns at civilians exercising their first amendment rights, not in the orange fenced off area 3 miles down the road, tasing for taking pictures, knocking a grandmother and pregnant woman to the ground (she also got the benefit of the K9 unit), sure pretty modest.

Even if ol'George had gone that far (in relative terms) would that also make it right?

Who do you work for really?

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
Seeing how Bundy went back on tv and repeated the same comments he won't be suing anyone soon.

Nevada Rancher Cliven Bundy Doesn't Apologize, Repeats Racist Remarks

How can someone say this man is an advocate of blacks by saying their lives would be better had they learned to pick cotton.

Stating the reality is not being 'racist'.

IS the AA community 'better' off today than they were during the 1700, and 1800 hundreds ?

Hell no they aren't.

But for some odd reason quite a few people from different ethnic backgrounds 'think' they are better off

PICKING the side that sceams how bloody 'RACIST' the 'Bundies' are in this country, and cotton has been replaced with a new bumper 'crop' called the VOTE.
edit on 26-4-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: phinubian

So lets all jump on the band wagon to trash Bundy for using out dated terms. And since he used out dated terms we cant even try to understand what he was trying to say.

In this issue his biggest crime is out dated terms and he tried to express his views that the current system of social programs is just another form of slavery to the press with out a pc speech writer to review it for any remark that could be spun.

Most of this thread backs that up it dont matter what he was trying to say it is spun to the worst possible meaning.

Keep up the good work happy spining

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Lostinthedarkness

his views that the current system of social programs is just another form of slavery

That they ARE !

The 'slave' masters of today feed people,cloth people, and they 'educate' people.

And EVERYONE is more broke, more dependent, and more 'intellectually challenged'.

From that kind of 'help'.

From that kind of 'equality'.

For some odd reason there are those here that think just because the government says they have to be 'nice', or 'accepting' of other people. They will be !

They can not legislate human behavior.

They can not legislate what is in the human heart.

People are what they are, and nothing is ever going to change it.

They then turn around and make bigoted comments about the party of 'old,rich, white, guys'.

Which is par for the course since the most VOCAL people that scream RACIST, are the same people who came up with the hypenated American 'names'.
edit on 26-4-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: phinubian
Yet another example of extreme brainwashing, nothing to see here there are willing tokens cut from this irregular cloth, I guarantee you that uncle tommy boy here is the %1 or less so lets not take a video like this and use it as a poster child to get stars, how long did it take to find it? his views are not in the majority, I wonder how much money he actually got paid, I get it, he knows how to pick cotton.

Regardless of your view on what Bundy said, I find calling a black person you disagree with "uncle tom" is reprehensible and extremely racist.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I understand people claiming you would have to be out of touch to think that todays system could be worse than slavery.

Its not just people on the "right" like Bundy saying that. Michelle Foucault, the social theorists, whom is extremely anti capitalist (and I guess would be on the left) coined the term "biopower", which basically is the governments control over life, making us all slaves to it.

For Foucault, biopower is a technology of power, which is a way of managing people as a group. The distinctive quality of this political technology is that it allows for the control of entire populations. It is thus an integral feature and essential to the workings of—and makes possible—the emergence of the modern nation state and capitalism, etc.[5] Biopower is literally having power over bodies; "an explosion of numerous and diverse techniques for achieving the subjugations of bodies and the control of populations".

en.wikipedia.org...

I am not saying I totally agree with this, but it is an interesting read, and it also shows that people form all ends of the political spectrum have likened people in our current system to being slaves.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Secret009

Your ignorance of the world in which you live is abysmal. I suspect it is because you've never had much in the way of life's experiences beyond watching a screen.

The tactic you use is well known---make a charge that can't be proven or disproved. Have you ever met a member of the KKK? I have. I've heard their invective. I met Robert Byrd on many occasions---in private settings---I know well what a racist sounds like when he speaks at a private gathering and Mr. Bundy sounds nothing like the racists I heard over the years. I lived in Nashville in April of 1968---under martial law---where racism was up close and personal. Back then TPTB were terrified of Rev. King, terrified that he would indeed unite people. They did their very best to cause dissension and sometimes they succeeded when they pandered to the human frailties, greed and power.
I will admit though, that you gave me a few really good chuckles with your charges. Believe what you will.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I understand people claiming you would have to be out of touch to think that todays system could be worse than slavery.

Yeah some people are out of touch.

That need to go read some threads in the Posse Comitatus forum, and other threads regarding the actions of the people who have made the 'system'.

Like spying, and droning people, and disarming them.

That is the goal behind those who cry about racism, and other 'hot' political issues.

They are ALL designed to get people fighting between themselves INSTEAD of who they should really be focused on.

Their own government.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: phinubian
a reply to: diggindirt

Thank you, basically many of the constructs or labels, "colored" , "negro" or any other words found in the dictionary, made in England or the USA, I will put money on it, these were not inventions, labels or categories created by the people that they apply to, of course they had no real say or vote in those inventions back in the olden days when the so called scientists were creating them, Negro College Fund, etc at the time that they were created, these were really the only labels that were in use and as you know the later constructed "african american" PC label was created to replace those controversial labels (negro or colored) I really like American much better as a choice , many birth certificates from say the 60's and into the 70's have negro or colored, show of hands who can produce one that has colored ? well I can raise my hand to that one and again I am a mutt of the highest proportions but I really take offense every time I look at my own birth certificate, just because the term or word was created and put into wide use does not give it any more credibility or validity if it really offends someone.

In the workplace in the U.S. if what you say either in a sexual manner or otherwise, to another co-worker, if they take offense and tell you that and you continue, more than likely the good ol HR department will be involved and you will probably be in big trouble, what we have for the most part are people who none of the comments that Bundy were directed at you except you could learn a lesson in family closeness, but to go beyond in deciding whether his comments were offensive to blacks or Mexicans and you are not in either of those categories probably is not such a good idea to go to great lengths to defend, everyone will take those comments in a different way depending on their own experience or background.

Thank you for your reasoned response. I remember well when the "new" words were put forth to describe people who weren't white. Many of my black elders rejected that attempt to divine people because of words, saying that words had little meaning except what TPTB put to them. It was then and it is now, an attempt to divide people into smaller groups so they can more easily be herded and controlled. That is the aim of the politically correct crowd, the language police. Here's how it works, if you see a black person being beaten senseless by cops and say, "Look at those pigs beating that poor colored boy." nobody in the PC crowd will hear your concern for the human being being beaten bloody by the cops, they will only hear racism because of the words you used and will run for a rope to string you up while the cops continue their brutality.
If you are looking for something to disagree with another human about, you WILL find it. It's a harder job to find areas of agreement and work on the things that oppress us all. If you wait until you find the person with which you have 100% agreement of all issues, you'll be sitting there in your house doing nothing beyond typing on a computer for the rest of your life---or until TPTB come for you.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: luciddream
a reply to: JiggyPotamus

What he was saying was that the US government has created a system that is no different from slavery in a way.

No different. Are you seriously comparing Salvery to US government dependance(which has many people of different race subscribing)?

When is the next lynching? i lost the schedule.

No, I'm not comparing slavery with government dependence. The guy in question was. I was just pointing out that this belief DOES NOT make him racist. I love how people today, like yourself, seem to get so offended by slavery, while you sit behind your keyboards and post online. Yes, slavery was a horrible institution that most civilized nations abolished prior to the US doing so. But slavery does not necessarily mean blacks, or African-Americans. Most Americans think of this when they hear the word slavery, but in all actuality throughout history the majority of slaves have been of various races. On a side note are the terms "white" and "black" acceptable or politically correct in today's society? I use the word "black" simply because people call me white, so I am seriously asking, not being sarcastic or anything. Anyway.

I only bring this up because of the man's comments, and how it is being billed as "he doesn't like black people." Actually, he was specifically talking about black individuals, so my point doesn't really make sense anymore. But it is still a truth so I will leave it in.

Anyway, like I was saying, people today who get "offended" by slavery have got to be kidding right? I can understand detesting such an institution, but unless you have seen such depredation first-hand, you are only pretending in my opinion. But let's say you weren't actually offended by what the guy was saying, and that you simply disagree with it. Okay, fine, but the point he was making was not that the horrors of slavery were being seen today through government dependence, as that wouldn't make any sense. So what he meant was the SYSTEM of DEPENDENCE is the same. I don't see what is so wrong with that statement.
edit on 4/26/14 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

I beg your pardon ? A Token is someone that especially in the context of my example, is what the definition says in Merriam Websters dictionary, unlike the other word "negro" which if you parse one of my earlier replies can be offensive, token is neither and in the context of how I used it 100% the point I was making and yes I meant it, just like Bundy later re-iterated that the comments he made were what he said and meant and then foolishly later dug himself deeper in the dung pile, by blaming Martin Luther King as the reason for how he has possibly formed his opinions. TSK, TSK.

You can quote all you want from the dictionary, try getting out in the real world
The way in which a person uses a certain word is what pisses people off

Trust me when I say that many blacks do not like it when someone says 'token' black, especially from white folks, because many view that as a slur
It's demeaning to them

Just like blacks don't like it when whites say 'Well you know how they are'....referring to blacks
And I really don't blame them..

We work with the general public all the time, mostly around blacks, so we have learned through the years what to say and what NOT to say
Calling someone a 'token' black is a good way to end up with a black-eye

We've seen more sh@t go down because a slip of the tongue....not a pretty picture

Let me put it this way...
YOU can say it all you want
Not me....I have to much respect for blacks than to say 'token black person'

edit on 26-4-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: snarky412

I guess my years of traveling the world, serving in the U.S. Military, attending a State college out of my own pocket is not getting out into the world, trust me I have been out and seen them all and worked with people from all walks of life, from inside the walls of the Pentagon to the nice refreshing Black Forest of Deutscheland, your example and retort is sort of confusing to me, actually very disturbing.

I have never once heard someone "call" another person a token , it is something that is understood if you recognized this in your workplace etc, what part of America do you live in ? btw you actually said "token black" but I have heard it applied when someone chooses to select a person from a certain group to present a point, he then becomes a token, for example if an employer is charged with discrimination they might go out and hire a bunch of people from that group to make it look like they are not biased, most people that are a token do not realize it, just how you took that video and turned that individual into yours.
Token bearers make it look like that is an endorsement of their own view and anyone else disagreeing from that same group must not be correct about their assumptions because here look I found a not so smart guy in a youtube video ranting, but the disturbing thing about using a token it is an immature way to bring to bear your own point.

The real reasoning to select a token is to shield the token bearer, from members of that very group from attacking them or accusing them of being biased against them or the point, in this case if a person from one of those groups Bundy spoke of, agrees on youtube with his nonsensical statements, this has to be true.

Go back and review the definition because that is what was done.

I think you might want do some more research on the word and it's etymology, you are not grasping the point I made about how you presented that video and then sort of used it to not so cleverly to bait people to give their real opinion on this individual which i did, and you actually admitted you where waiting for that sort of reaction..hmm, not sure where your working with people every day etc even amount to much of a good argument against my classification of this individual as your token.

At any length I will respect your opinion on these matters, everyone is certainly entitled to that.

I am 100% certain i would not get a black eye for calling out a token (not calling someone one, because like I said it is generally understood) because I do not choose to use them to make my point.

edit on 26-4-2014 by phinubian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Wow....you really pay attention
I never posted any video
You are probably referring to Des

My comment was in reference to you lecturing Des about racism while you were using the slang 'token black' not to mention Uncle Tommy , which is a no-no in the south
Definite slur to be sure

I deal with hundreds of blacks in a weekends time, not just passing them on the street or in the store
In the south, those disparaging remarks will get you the hard stare, if you know what that means

One can travel many miles and see many things and yet never actually delve into the inner workings of other people's social surroundings

And if one has to keep referring to a dictionary to see what is offensive and what's not, well you really do need to mingle with other cultures more often

Should be common knowledge to know that Uncle Tom is frowned upon
Many a politicians who made the mistake of using this term in the past learn right quick never to do it again
Of course, that's after the MSM drags them through the mud

So as long as you're not running for office, you're safe
Just stop lecturing others about racism

edit on 26-4-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: snarky412

Using Uncle Tom isn't frowned upon in the black communities I grew up in... It's a negative term, but black people arnt offended the same way they are with n****r. Republicans have been trying to make Uncle Tom the same as the n word.

It's a negative... Like calling some one a sellout. But not the same. N*****r is a term to describe a race. Uncle Tom is a term to describe a sell out.

I'll use it in a sentence.

Ben Carson is an Uncle Tom (sell out).

Lol. :p couldn't resist!

I don't actually know Ben Carson I'm jk.

But just because the GOP wishes Uncle Tom was the same as n****r doesn't make it so...

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   

BS, it isn't the same as calling someone a sellout, it's calling someone a race traitor pure and simple. Democrats believe they own the minorities, anytime a minority makes a success of themselves, and isn't preaching the democrat gospel, they label them traitors to their races. It's nasty, and it's racist.
edit on Sat, 26 Apr 2014 20:02:39 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21 >>

join