It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HOAX EXPOSED: Full Clip of Bundy’s Non-Racist, Pro-Black, Pro-Mexican, Anti-Government Remarks Vs.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+66 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
What can I say. Go to the link, watch the two videos and then tell us what you think of who is BSing who?

All for a little land? Something else has to be at play. Something much bigger.

Anyway, the NYT's clip is about 1:20 sec. The original is over 3 mins. It appears the MSM is at it again.

Source: patdollard.com... edited-hoax-version-see-that-cliven-bundy-is-actually-an-advocat/

He is definitely a different person HOWEVER, even if true, it doesn't excuse the actions of the FEDS/BLM-period!

ONE THING FOR SURE> YOU WILL ONLY SEE THIS ON ATS and NOT THE MSM !!!!
edit on 4/24/2014 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

+24 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: anon72

Well there ya go!

The Progressive Race pimps will still find a way to help their agenda by attacking an old man though! I have been on here all day trying to show how the elderly are not as "conditioned" by political correctness as we are. YET! Apparently Progressive Race Pimps, have a hatred for the elderly!

We'll see! They know their policies suck, so I guess it is the Race card or Bust?

+22 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I know this much, Breitbart was sued for much less editing. Bundy could get the NYT to pay for his back fees if he gets good legal representation. Isn't that what Sherrod did? Get back pay and damages?

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I know this much, Breitbart was sued for much less editing. Bundy could get the NYT to pay for his back fees if he gets good legal representation. Isn't that what Sherrod did? Get back pay and damages?

Maybe Bundy gets to *Own* the NYT !!!

Can't wait for the new editorial section.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
On second thought if a network like Fox runs with this, it could turn the tables, but it would take a major outlet running it to do anything for Bundy at this point. Today if you even mention racist most peoples minds are already made up.
edit on 4/24/2014 by SpaDe_ because: had a thought....

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I'm not a Bundy supporter but I figured something like this would be coming out ever since someone mentioned it in another thread and I don't like it.

It's not just that the media clearly was manipulating his (poorly chosen) words, but that it has nothing to do with what's going on. Frankly I'm surprised this was as tame and if anything anti racist as it was. I wouldn't have been surprised if Bundy was/is a racist, but it doesn't have anything to do with the dispute either way.

I think we all knew what he was saying. "Look at black people. We don't want to go back in time to when there were slaves, but the government has essentially allowed them no progress by making them reliant on the government." He didn't say anything bad about Mexicans (unless I missed it). He didn't really say anything bad about black people (but cotton picking isn't a wise choice of words).

+23 more 
link   

Well....remember how the MSM edited Zimmerman's 911 call to make him sound racist??

They really need to sock it to these people who insist on editing clips and place a hefty fine on top of it!!
Not no slap on the wrist fine but a 'I'll never do it again' fine

edit on 24-4-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
link   
good find

like reid said..its not over, the govt and thier shills will do everything to distract from what actually happened, a overwhelming armed rsponse to a questionable un paid bill, resulting destruction of personal property, LEO assaultling non violent citizens, and the killing of livestock......

+26 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Seeing how Bundy went back on tv and repeated the same comments he won't be suing anyone soon.

Nevada Rancher Cliven Bundy Doesn't Apologize, Repeats Racist Remarks

How can someone say this man is an advocate of blacks by saying their lives would be better had they learned to pick cotton.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
If this gets even more ridiculous, and it will, could alt news/the truth get censored on ATS?

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

I think he is trying to say they never developed a proper work ethic. Maybe?

That is the only thing I can come up with. Very hard to listen to him for any lenght of time.

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   

A comment by embattled Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy about blacks and slavery was taken out of context by the New York Times, according to Bundy’s son, Ammon Bundy, who told WND in an interview Thursday his father was trying to reach out to the black and Hispanic communities. “They took what they wanted. They knew when they were there his comments were not racist. He wasn’t able to completely articulate,” Ammon Bundy told WND. “That’s just my dad. He is a very principled person.” Read more at www.wnd.com...

Hmmmm, also reminds me of how they ripped the Duck Dynasty guy's remarks apart and took them out of context as well
He wasn't an overly articulate man either

Boy, one sure does have to watch their P&Q's if they ever stand up to TPTB for one reason or another
Especially with the leftist MSM lurking in the background waiting to pounce

edit on 24-4-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Rather than trying to clarify and defend what was said, people involved should distance themselves from Bundy and try to shift focus back onto government overreach, land grabs, corruption, and excessive use of force, abuse of power, state rights vs federal etc.

Fighting for this man now means losing the battle.

IMO

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I knew it....when i first heard this story, and no one was actually playing his words......i knew something was up.....then his 'sound bites' came out.....my first reaction was, there is something missing......and here it is. His words may not be politically correct, but his intent is clearly opposite of what they are making it out to be........oh wait.....they have to discredit him before raiding the ranch.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
Seeing how Bundy went back on tv and repeated the same comments he won't be suing anyone soon.

How can someone say this man is an advocate of blacks by saying their lives would be better had they learned to pick cotton.

Well Im black, or Mulato to be exact, grew up on a farm, no cotton picking but picked lots of things for lots of hours and days, like rocks(brutal)...

I know theres stigma involved, but as long as there getting paid and not treated as slaves, I dont see a problem..or maybe Im out of context..

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: anon72
a reply to: buster2010

I think he is trying to say they never developed a proper work ethic. Maybe?

That is the only thing I can come up with. Very hard to listen to him for any lenght of time.

A work ethic is proper when it is beaten into them like it was with the slaves?

+14 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

Perhaps he used that terminology because he had heard that terminology from a black person, especially older blacks who never came down with the political correctness virus. "He's a real cotton-picker!" was a common phrase to describe a hard-working, ambitious youth. It was also widely used in the musical world. If you were a good "cotton-picker" it meant you could provide for your family.
Perhaps you should know something of the culture of which you speak before you go getting all jazzed up about a man saying Negro and cotton-picking in the same paragraph.
Who is it that is asking for an apology? Was someone in the crowd offended by his words? If so, they need to talk to Mr. Bundy, not the newspaper. Going to a New York newspaper to get them to demand an apology for an incident in Nevada? Think about it...
And isn't it interesting that nobody on msm wants to show what he said about immigration! He spoke as a man aware of his roots, and the roots of our country. That's what scares the daylights out of the oligarchy! For shining the light of truth on this situation, Mr. Bundy is my newest hero. In my book he's right up there with Willie Nelson and a lot of other old rebels. Willie fought the music barons in Nashville and won only to have the IRS swoop down on him. How curious is that? But he wouldn't let the heavy hand of government stop him from keeping his family together and spreading good will throughout the world. I hope Mr. Bundy can do likewise.

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   
The ultra-Left is using this now as a way to justify their support of the authoritarian-totalitarian government that they support, without saying it out-loud.

Even if they "don't" support the government, they are in a quandary either way.

This gives them a new icepack on their foreheads. At least for the short term.

edit on Apr-24-2014 by xuenchen because:

+11 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   
that isn't what he is saying at all.....he is saying that it slavery then and slavery now, just that the government has changed the name and the effect is that now they have nothing to do, nothing to be proud of.....listen to it again, he isn't politically correct, but his intent is clear......he is saying nothing has changed except that they are worse off now.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
They have to discredit him for harry reid to execute his statement that it isn't over......we don't know what the question was that he is responding too......that reporter could have literally asked, 'do you think african americans have more freedoms now than when they were held in slavery?'.......he is an old man that is from a different era and environment......that reporter could have completely set the stage to make him give a sound bite that is editable.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join