It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cymry or the true history of Britain.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   
www.amazon.co.uk...

Then there is the above 'little hidden gem', which, if it is true is quite astounding.

I am aware that this 'history' is still known on the continent amongst those who have older books and information but completely lost to the British because of its implications. The men who have attempted to reveal it claim to have had several attempts on their lives.

Old poetry alludes to this 'history', so what to make of it?

Perhaps the Welsh really were the only English / British people left after this tragedy, I really don't know.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: KernowBysVyken

Congratulations, I heard your good news! And a warm welcome to ATS

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: KernowBysVyken
I am honoured that your first post was on this thread. Thank you

edit on 26-4-2014 by urbanghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: urbanghost

Your stones are intriguing. A lot written about their mediaeval history, not much to find claiming an earlier date.

Tarren Deusant (above). Julian Cope's site The Modern Antiquarian has a little about them, with some members wondering about their 'celtic' roots too.

I suppose what I have learned most is that my notions of 'Christian' and 'pagan' have been completely reshaped. Alban was butchered by the Romans in 200 and something AD - late 3rd c anyway. He was later canonised and is Britain's earliest known martyr. We know what the Romans thought of early Christians -they chopped them up.
There is also some evidence that the druids were teaching an Abrahamic faith, or something very close to it. When Constantine converted to Christianity, whether to please his mother Helen as some have claimed, or whether to consolidate his hold over the Empire, it was in 380AD -much later. Prior to this, he was worshipping a sun god.

So what I'm saying is your stones could easily be Christian, and still date well before the middle ages, and still be representative of indigenous belief. There are lots of stories of Joseph of Arimathea coming to Wales and building a church (St Illtyd's chapel).

ETA - I don't know what you think of this researcher, but I found him really interesting. Angel Chemuel's laughing since she knows I've fallen in love with him, lol! Definitely worthwhile watching, if you haven't already

edit on 26-4-2014 by beansidhe because: eta video

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   
never mind

oh and for the record my dads welsh so i have heard it all

edit on 26/4/2014 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe
Yes I have heard of Alan Wilson. His work is overshadowed by the fact he stood for the National Front as a candidate a few years ago. He is also believed to have used intimidation against the land owner when searching for the Cifrangon, which he believes holds the Ark of the Covenant. The book he wrote about the search was also funded by the British Israel World Federation, which many thought had other motives for their interest.
But he has some interesting ideas all based on the Welsh legends. He is currently working on the legend that Prince Madoc ap Meurig sailed to America in the 6th century and established a colony in the American Midwest.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: urbanghost
Yes I have heard of Alan Wilson. His work is overshadowed by the fact he stood for the National Front as a candidate a few years ago. He is also believed to have used intimidation against the land owner when searching for the Cifrangon, which he believes holds the Ark of the Covenant. The book he wrote about the search was also funded by the British Israel World Federation, which many thought had other motives for their interest.
But he has some interesting ideas all based on the Welsh legends. He is currently working on the legend that Prince Madoc ap Meurig sailed to America in the 6th century and established a colony in the American Midwest.

Could you please provide sources for all that about Alan Wilson please? It just doesn't fit that he would stand for the National Front for a start, and I would be very surprised if he did. Not that I'm doubting you, just in true ATS fashion I have tried a search (google is my friend) and can't find anything.

Thanks
Rainbow
Jane

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Elliot
www.amazon.co.uk...

Then there is the above 'little hidden gem', which, if it is true is quite astounding.

I will try and get this if I can, it has many good reviews. From what I can make out it uses the welsh legends and written history to work out the real history of Wales. A bit like what I am doing.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel
here is a link to his bio, it mentions it on here. it was in 2004

Alan Wilson

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

He's not listed as a candidate here, and agreed - after reading his books, and listening to his lectures that sounds out of character.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
It looks like a mistake, it should be BNP not national front. Don't now if its true or not, just relaying what I read about him. It could be someone trying to discredit him. I am trying to find a photo of the bnp candidate to see, I will hold judgment until then

edit on 26-4-2014 by urbanghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   

And he doesn't seem to have been a candidate for the BNP either.

Sounds like a rumour, and that he is being discredited perhaps? His findings certainly weren't popular with everyone.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I would just like to say thank you for a very thought provoking thread. As an English Driud of Welsh decent I think that you are bang on with your theory on Stonehenge and the beaker or Portuguese chap found in the burial possibly saw something he shouldn't have. Your reasoning is sound in regard to the Bluestone. To quote Roger Waters "history is for fools" and of course alway written by the winning side. I like to think that we were once just one big island called Albion with different tribes. However like you I suspect the Church has distorted absolutely everything. Have you ever read the white goddess by Robert graves and I am sure you must have heard of Iolo Morgany and his Barddas. This is believe is. The closet we can get to what really went on. However as you may know this has been proven distorted and embellished..who knows but as an Englishman, I declare peace and the sooner we get back to the old ways the better..thanks for a great thread

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
here are the Newcastle election results for 2004. Look under Kenton half way down the page

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: druid1
Thank you for reading my ramblings.

The druids have a fascinating history in Wales. I will be getting to them soon. I have something to throw into the mix I know is going to be controversial, but it is just an idea.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Yep, same name, same spelling. Definitely the same guy, though?

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
ideas are great get them out there as I said I think you have hit the nail on the head reply to: urbanghost

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Can I ask you something as one initiated into the real knowledge of the oak, whose blood was spilt as a virgin upon the root's of an oak and shared her sap and whom was bound to her so that I felt her pain when she was cut down as the last oak in a field where once her grove had stood, Do you have the scar upon your hand in the shape of an eye, did you have the golden aura and do you know the highest druid of all whom poured out his blood for all the world upon a tree turning death to renewal and bringing life from the earth, could you make every acorn of your oak sprout as could I and do you know why that marriage willing or as in my case unwilling gave power for if not then you and your order are not druid but merely claiming the name of something unknown to you and in times past such commited atrocity against victims and abused they whom followed believing them druid when they were mere usurpors.
Druid were not about burning innocent people in whicker men but it actually means knowledge of the oak and no other tree, the OAK for it was strong lasting many generations and when a true druid died his spirit could abide within his tree speaking to the true druids and others close to life and of life not of death.
Do you know why christ is the high druid.

edit on 26-4-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

Can I ask you something as one initiated into the real knowledge of the oak,

Do you know why christ is the high druid.

What the hell has that got to do with the OP??? Seriously????

Right Pagans, get it, and no I haven`t a clue why Christ is the high druid?!?

Please explain, without going off topic or derailing the thread why Christ is the high druid please?

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Nice thread mate, very interesting read.

My mum is from South Wales and i can certainly confirm the ferocity and tenacity of the Welsh from the South!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join