It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cymry or the true history of Britain.

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 05:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gallowglaich
The Welsh are a weak nation, being subjugated by every invader that landed in Britain, finally being pushed back to the fringes of the island and being reduced to a tiny insignificant little country.

I really shouldn't bite, but....the Welsh are weak...? Hahahaha! We may be a tiny country but hardly insignificant!

Forerunners of the Industrial Revolution who have given the world some of the best inventors, undefeated boxers, rubgy players, footballers, actors, designers, musicians, writers.... Dylan Thomas, Joseph Parry.... Even Mount Everest was named after a Welshman. A land of castles and natural beauty and song, an amazingly rich cultural heritage... On top of that us Welsh are the friendliest, most honest people on the planet!

Sorry to de-rail your thread urbanghost and thanks for the info re Tarrendeusant. Rant over, please carry on!

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 05:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: 18731542

Easy to say from behind your keyboard walk into my local valleys pub and say it you'll see how weak we are.

originally posted by: Gallowglaich

Come into my glen and see how far you get.

That is possibly the funniest argument or challenge to a fight I've read in some time.

Just breath in the history folks, you can almost imagine you're back in olde times with these guys!!

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: paradisepurple

And all that can be said about the Scotts and the Irish too in all fairness.
The Celts as a race are a talented, innovative and steadfast peoples......lets all just recognise that in each other and come together.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel

And all that can be said about the Scotts and the Irish too in all fairness.
The Celts as a race are a talented, innovative and steadfast peoples......lets all just recognise that in each other and come together.

Rainbows
Jane

And in all fairness that can be said about all people regardless of nationality or geographical location.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

I expect these crannogs were around a long, long time ago. www.crannog.co.uk... And I expect there will be remains somewhere in Wales.

Welsh Crannogs
Welsh Crannog Centre

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: stargatetravels

Yes it can indeed, but this is a thread about the Welsh celts, and I was just trying to stick to the topic

Rainbows
Jane

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   

We may be a tiny country but hardly insignificant!

The most important thing most people forget and it says quite a lot about our history. We still have our language.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: urbanghost
Thank you. I'm on a thousand different subjects so I didn't have time to search. Not least of my subjects is the need to support the Constables Of Albion at this critical time. This is a video of a ritual awakening the Constables Of Albion.

Keeping vaguely on topic I've met some great Welsh coppers. And Scottish ones too. In fact I've met extraordinarily brilliant Scottish coppers.
edit on 5 5 2014 by Kester because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe
Warmer in the West though. I've been asked if I'd been to France due to my tan after a spring visit to Kishorn.
edit on 5 5 2014 by Kester because: F not f

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   

www.overlookingthewye.org.uk...
Speaking as a handspinner I can say the production of wire for use in wool carders was a huge leap forward for certain parts of the industry.

If you're wearing woven or knitted clothes it was Welsh industry that played an essential part in the development of the technology. Getting international now, I believe it was German technicians who were drafted in to start it. They were supposed to be silver smiths and due to some translation problem it turned out they were wiresmiths. I've always had an intuitive doubt of that story and I suspect there's more to it.

And when you mention castles. Is there not a line of castles down the Welsh side of the Golden Valley? It seemed to me the very last fertile valley was taken and only the mountains were left for the indigenous tribes driven West. Anyone have any info on the line of castles in the Golden Valley? I slept in the entrance to one of them once and I slept well.

p.s. Getting crazy internet censorship now. Must have upset someone.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Is there not a line of castles down the Welsh side of the Golden Valley?

Wales is the castle capital of the world.

Welsh Castles

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Which Golden Valley? I'm only aware of the one from Cheltenham to Gloucester.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel

Which Golden Valley? I'm only aware of the one from Cheltenham to Gloucester.

Rainbows
Jane

Golden Valley

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Aha....thank you

Rainbows
Jane

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
There have been some coin finds in Wales, with coins like these showing a 10 branched symbol on one side.

Not sure if it is a tree or not. I know there are 10 branches of science, (no I am not saying its that, before anyone starts moaning). Any ideas to its meaning, any other examples found anywhere else?

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I came across a strange thing today. In quite a lot of cremations in wales from the bronze age they have found ear bones that have been removed before cremation. Apparently this is quite a difficult thing to do, can't find anything that would point to why they were doing this.
Childrens ear bones

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Sometimes priests set difficult tasks to keep people occupied or to see how far they can be controlled.

I've just been on an unexpected mystic quest to Skye. We stayed with this gentleman.

Later I was given a copy of his book. After listening to him speak and seeing various confirmations of his methods it starts to sink in that this is possible. Some biblical stories were written about events in Britain. Edinburgh is Jerusalem. The world will now come crashing down.

From The Golden Thread Of Time by Crichton E.M. Miller. "David Ritchie's work is extensive and it is very hard to find room for coincidence in his enormous discovery. The finding of latitude and longitude by the Ancients coupled with the precise siting of their monuments on a grid system that David has discovered is very hard to dispute because there is an enormous amount of physical evidence to support him."

If you want to see a hardback copy of his book we can arrange a meet-up. At a minimum of £75 per copy I can't just pop it in the post, plus I'm keeping this copy with me at all times while I absorb what I can from its pages.

On the way up North we called in on Michael of Bernicia. I asked him if he wanted to reply to Gallowglaich's comments, "Haha, I'm sorry but that video is just revisionist garbage and nationalist drivel, not to be taken seriously." etc. Michael said he used to answer such comments but not anymore. He said all that happens is you say something logical and they shut up.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
i love wales, i live in cardiff and i can honestly say wales feels like my spiritual home... having said that i lived in mid west wales for nearly 20 years, and found it very unpleasant to live there due to the racist attitudes of the people there. despite all my time there i never did actually find out why the welsh people there STILL hate the english... i know that in the past there are land issues about the english stealing welsh land, but that was years ago right? can anybody tell me why it's still so predominantly anti english in mid west wales? the people in cardiff are a million percent nicer by the way

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   

No idea what that represents but I've just been introduced to the idea that many stone chambers, chapels and pyramids are resonating chambers that can be used for altering consciousness and other effects through chanting/singing. The image of an injured knight lying in a chapel surrounded by chanting monks takes on a new significance, particularly given the scientific measurement of the ability of cats to heal sonically through purring. Sorry no links on the cat thing but they will be there if you search far enough.

The ancient knowledge of measurement and vibration could be some of the sciences represented on these coins. Or perhaps it's just a way of cooking multiple bangers and marshmallows over a fire. I'm intrigued now. The solution will probably come to me in my dreams tonight then be forgotten as soon as I wake up.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Dave's in a difficult position. Please offer positive thoughts and prayers of protection to him.

The following is a press release I found on mynewsdesk.

"THE SKYTHIAN SOCIETY PRESS
''WE - THE SKYTHIANS: THE LIE OF THE LAND OF AEGYPT" by David Alan Ritchie was published 12 noon 12/12/12 at a sacred location on the Roseline

Press Release • Dec 17, 2012 19:00 GMT

''BEWARE! THERE ARE RECURRING EVENTS THAT ARE LONGER THAN THE MEMORY 0F MANKIND'' D.A.R.

12 12 12 saw the publication of WE - THE SKYTHIANS by David Alan Ritchie, celebrated atop Mount Lothian and then at Rosslyn.

Scottish Rite freemasonry and the True Temple of Solomon in the landscape.

David Ritchie's twenty years of research have yielded literally earth-shattering results, so there is some trepidation regarding the possible consequences - political, religious, personal and planetary - of the publication of his paradigm-shifting work on the riddle of the Giza complex, which, at a serendipitous meeting there, impressed even Zahi Hawass, who murmured, "I think you've got it...'' to a not too surprised David, who knew he had.

The world-wide web revealed by David's resonance-based geometrical calculations is an ancient one, and its threads lead through the duat to the sky - or should that be over the sea to Skye....
Here at last, revealed just as Cayce predicted, is the incontrovertible proof that we have been taught not one but many false histories over time, for reasons of politics and power...

His conclusions, that Britain was the centre of a highly advanced civilisation destroyed by a celestial impact - though drawn from different sources and with much new supporting evidence, are reminiscent of the heretical ideas of William Comyns Beaumont* - not only placing Atlantis, Egypt and Jerusalem in the British Isles, but also drawing the inevitable religious conclusions.

Those who may have puzzled over the significance of London 2012 may now begin to see the picture more clearly, and perhaps ponder the significance of the bell, which topic is also thoroughly explored by the author.

ENTER NOT YE UNVERSED IN GEOMETRY

*The ideas put forward by David Ritchie are backed up by such as Comyns Beaumont, Whatmore, Waddell, Watkins, Manetho, Josephus, Caesar, Plato, Blake, Morris, Newton, Handel, Wagner, Lewis, Eliot, Priestley, Velikovsky, Heindel, Mozart, Bach, the Pre-Raphaelites, Poussin, etc etc

The Skythian Society Press, an imprint of RESONANCE BookWorks, publishes works on alternative history.

Our newest title is WE - THE SKYTHIANS: THE LIE OF THE LAND OF AEGYPT, by David Alan Ritchie.

This 400page book is the culmination of twenty years of research into the mystery of the Giza pyramid complex; the results of which were demonstrated to Dr Zahi Hawass at Giza at the very time predicted by Edgar Cayce. Dr Hawass acknowledged that Mr Ritchie did indeed appear to have deciphered the code, discovering the resonance-based nature of the edifices, which are fundamental to a world-wide energy grid centred on the Roseline through the British Isles. Further detective work revealed the true location of Jerusalem. In Scotland. And all that follows

This is a very important book."

Resonance-based geometrical calculations may accurately predict earthquakes. This science denies ignorance.
edit on 19 5 2014 by Kester because: addition

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join