It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You a Domestic Terrorist?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
No need to answer Yay or Nay to the question of course..But, I speak loud and proud here on ATS and a few other sites and I know of others here that do the same.

Are we seen as Domestic Terrorists? Apparently we are.

A little story:

I lived in Asia for about 8 years and most of that was in South Korea. Love that Country!

I owned a few bars there and made a lot of friends from around the World as well as many Koreans. One friend in particular was approaching his final year in University and was required to write his final exam on World events. He decided that he wanted to exam terrorism as a subject as it was all over the news at the time. Post 9/11 etc.

He asked me for any ideas or input as we had discussed World events over beer and soju well into the night many times. I had a thought and told him that he should write about Domestic Terrorism within Korea. Not the citizens who love their Nation but rather from the Govt. and Corporations that control Korea. The corruption, crime, silencing of protests, corporate control within the Govt etc.

He was horrified but intrigued just the same. He said he would do it and would trust that his professor was open minded enough to accept his thesis. He gambled correctly. Received applause from his fellow students and an A on his paper. He was then told by his Prof not to discuss it anymore but that's another story.

Anyhoo...My point is that domestic terrorism is not a label to use on us because we speak out against those that would silence us with laws, force and/or death...we are seeing this happen all over the World and the US is becoming the rally point. No need to post vids or quotes because you know of what I speak.

So who are the domestic terrorists? The ones that destroy a Country from within. Not those that would stand against such actions. TPTB are the domestic terrorists IMO.

Ok, longer post than I anticipated but you get the point I hope.

If I am considered a Domestic Terrorist because of what I stand for and what I write about...I guess I would have no choice to but to wear the badge and wave my flag...Proudly.

But think about it. What if one day you opened your door to black suits only to find that you have been listed as a domestic terrorist because of what you write about? What you believe? Maybe your anger over what the Govt. has become and you posted a blurb somewhere to that effect? Just anger or disappointment...not violence.

What would you do if you were given that label?

It's not so ridiculous to believe it could happen anymore is it?

Peace

edit on 24-4-2014 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

Hell yea!!!!!

WooHOO! I am a DT and I am proud!!!!

When do I get my own reality TV show?

Sorry, I just had to poke fun of the whole "Domestic Terrorist" thing after Harry Reid's comments the past week! Nothing like Progressives to take a word and totally butcher it to fit their agenda and in the end they make the word actually mean nothing!
edit on 24-4-2014 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Hell yea!!!!!

WooHOO! I am a DT and I am proud!!!!

When do I get my own reality TV show?

When the DT channel goes live.

Soon.

Peace

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   

So who are the domestic terrorists?

Harry Reid for one! He should be at the top of the list along with Diane Feinstein.

Funny you should bring this up, last night I was looking at an alt-news story that had 72 criteria (with links) for who THEY consider the DT's. I was reading the link to "Right-wing extremism" and you know who fit the bill perfectly?

George W Bush.

Link with links to 72 types of Domestic Terrorists
edit on 072pm0404pm72014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bassago

Harry Reid for one! He should be at the top of the list along with Diane Feinstein.

Funny you should bring this up, last night I was looking at an alt-news story that had 72 criteria (with links for who THEY consider the DT's. I was reading the link to "Right-wing extremism" and you know who fit the bill perfectly?

George W Bush.

I remember the list:

Just a few to rive my point:

3. Anyone that is engaged in “conspiracy theorizing”

24. Anyone that is opposed to Agenda 21

25. Anyone that is concerned about FEMA camps

26. Anyone that “fears impending gun control or weapons confiscations”

27. The militia movement

28. The sovereign citizen movement

29. Those that “don’t think they should have to pay taxes”

30. Anyone that “complains about bias”

31. Anyone that “believes in government conspiracies to the point of paranoia”

32. Anyone that “is frustrated with mainstream ideologies”

33. Anyone that “visits extremist websites/blogs”

34. Anyone that “establishes website/blog to display extremist views”

Yup, that's us.

Peace

edit on 24-4-2014 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Sadly over the past few years and especially here recently [Reid's outburst calling Bundy protestors DT] those that speak out against TPTB are labeled 'DT' unjustly

It's to the point of being asinine and eventually it may cause some people to remain silent out of fear....fear of repercussion from TPTB
Which is their ulterior motive IMO anyway

Control the masses through fear
'State of Fear'

Yeh, I would probably be considered a DT
Hip Hip Horay!!

Soooo....can I be a guest on seeker's DT reality show?!?! LOL

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Ive been called far worse...domestic terrorist wouldnt bother me.....and over the years my faith in humanity has dwindled to the point that id fight for the highest bidder haha...sorry

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: snarky412

Sadly over the past few years and especially here recently [Reid's outburst calling Bundy protestors DT] those that speak out against TPTB are labeled 'DT' unjustly

It's to the point of being asinine and eventually it may cause some people to remain silent out of fear....fear of repercussion from TPTB
Which is their ulterior motive IMO anyway

Control the masses through fear
'State of Fear'

Yeh, I would probably be considered a DT
Hip Hip Horay!!

Soooo....can I be a guest on seeker's DT reality show?!?! LOL

The more the merrier!

I hope your good looking, because with me being on it, we'll definitely need some attractive folk!

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bassago

Funny you should bring this up, last night I was looking at an alt-news story that had 72 criteria (with links) for who THEY consider the DT's. I was reading the link to "Right-wing extremism" and you know who fit the bill perfectly?

George W Bush.

So basically, as long as one believes that the sun rises in the east and sets in the west and that our government would do no harm to it's citizens, then they are okay

Oh hell no......those 'Brady Bunch' days are loooong gone!!!!!!

I truly do wonder what TPTB have up their sleeve in the near future
Ah heck, now that way of thinking will put me in that DT category

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   

I've been labeled a Domestic terrorist, a Liberal, a Neo-Con, Racist, etc, etc. About the only time I get my dander up is when some one calls me a Progressive.

It's all part of the divide and conquer thing I believe.

The thing is though...where would I find allies if need be?

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   

I'm in....no need to sign me up

lifetime member of this "domestic terrorism" you speak of.....

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
In a word

Yes

And becoming more militeristic by the second

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Back in the days before the T-word was being thrown around like yesterday's paper, a group of people, of which I was a member, began a war on corruption in our local, county government. We rented a hall and had a meeting to decide how to approach the problems we had noted in the system. The local newspaper (staunch supporter of the status quo covered our meeting and headlined the story: County Group Aims to Overthrow County Government.
Now, at that meeting not a single person ever suggested "overthrow" of anything but that headline was enough to scare a whole mess of people clean away from any further meetings. Those of us who knew our intent kept on and in the end we did change the government---we voted them out of office, putting people in who had the good of county in mind rather than how many relatives they could help out. It took two years and a lot of work, even to the point of suing the county government body and being sued by them. But it is indeed amazing what a small group of committed people can do to turn things around when they set their minds to it and put their money behind their talk.
So I'm sure if "domestic terrorist" had been in common usage back in the '90s our group would have been labeled as such by the ruling regime in our county. The best the leader of that bunch could muster was to tell the newspaper that we were a "bunch of radical Constitutionalists." I rather cherish that.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: snarky412

I truly do wonder what TPTB have up their sleeve in the near future
Ah heck, now that way of thinking will put me in that DT category

Ha, that ship has already sailed when you signed up here.

As far as what TPTB have in mind, well... if this was the predictions forum I'd say be on the lookout for a bunch of drone strikes in Nevada at the Bundy ranch followed up by a Waco style tank assault by BLM supporters. Follow that with a full court press from the MSM about how it was justified and then the US invades Syria to distract everyone.

Just a prediction though.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I have no idea why organizations like the Southern Poverty Law Center push the Domestic terrorist idea.

If you read about the Freedom Riders and the civil rights movement of the 60's, you can bet they would have been labeled Domestic terrorists too.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   

When a Government starts to label dissent as "Domestic Terrorism" that's a sure sign that it's not a Government "Of the People, by the People and for the People" . Usually the next step is that Government tries harder to hold onto power, even as it slips through their tightening fingers....back to the People.

Opps there I go again...... DT listed.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   

It's all dependent on what side of the fence you're on:

Terrorist = Freedom Fighter.
Conspiracy Theorist = Free Thinker.

Personally, I think labels are bullsh*t anyway. However, if it wasn't for people (like a few on this site) standing up against those in power, then we'd all be slaves (more so than we are now). And in the words of George Carlin, "I don't believe anything my government tells me".

edit on 24-4-2014 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   

It's to the point of being asinine and eventually it may cause some people to remain silent out of fear....fear of repercussion from TPTB Which is their ulterior motive IMO anyway - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I believe you nailed it here. Don't want to be labeled? Stay Quiet and obey.

Peace

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11

It's to the point of being asinine and eventually it may cause some people to remain silent out of fear....fear of repercussion from TPTB Which is their ulterior motive IMO anyway - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I believe you nailed it here. Don't want to be labeled? Stay Quiet and obey.

Peace

And don't join sites like ATS!!!!

Gotta love it

Who wants to be quiet and submissive?
Not I

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   

The ladies! Try arguing with them.

Actually the label 'terrorist' is so overused these days that it's meaning has degenerated to mean anyone who is against your ideals, whether your are government or not.

The freedom seeking 'terrorists' who took over Ukraine call the freedom seeking people in the Crimea 'terrorists'. Who is the domestic terrorist in this case?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join