It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. troops in action in eastern Ukraine / Slowjansk ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: thegeck

I read your post three times and have no idea what you are trying to say.

The rampant corruption in the Ukraine is not up for debate. There is hardly a nation on this earth that is as corrupt as the Ukraine was and will continue to be.

edit on 25-4-2014 by fedeykin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: greyhat
Biden offered military equipment to Ukraine three days ago, but are the guys on the pic below really Ukrainian troops in brand new uniforms?

(Ukrainian soldies in Slowjansk | © Kirill Kudryavtsev/AFP/Getty Images)
up.picr.de...

Source: www.zeit.de...

Private military contractors I am guessing. Much like the Cossacks Russia is using to stir up s**t..

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: clay2 baraka

Yes. Seems they use the same red signs on their backs as the Academi (?) mercenaries seen in Donetsk in march.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

In march they used civilian mini vans.

edit on 25-4-2014 by greyhat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: CincinnatiReds
That's exactly what I was thinking. Everything I've seen so far regarding the military in Ukraine is not impressive. You could tell they lacked tactical training which the peope in those pictures have. Not saying their Americans but it seems a little odd.

I don't agree with the above statement. You forget that Ukraine was part of Soviet Union. Which means, every kind of training russians forces have, so do ukrainian forces. And believe me when I say that: during the soviet era, military training was taken very seriously. Not just carrier military but also common people. Military service was obligatory for all adults not following a university education and military education was obligatory for everyone, despite their social position.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: fedeykin

I do not argue with this notion.It is true. But if you are saying there is no corruption in the Ukraine now, you are oh so very wrong. Medical workers, for example(people with the lowest salaries in the Ukraine, among others, of course, like teachers), are forced to. I repeat. *Forced* to donate money to the Ukranian army. They are not asked to do it. They are forced to do it. Meanwhile, the groups from Maidan are, again, FORCING businessmen to "pay for protection". After that they get a phone number which they can call *in case some other group shows up* ( Yes. That happens often.) and stickers saying "protected by Maidan". Officially, they are the guys in charge now. Europe and the US are fapping all over the place over these guys. And. If you *make a donation* to the Maidan, you DO get an official government post. In which reality is this not bareface crime? I agree with you on the part that corruption in the Ukraine is on an unprecedented scale, but that doesn't help the situation. Corruption is still there. New faces. Old ways. Smart nations like Germany, Great Britain or the US achieved their current status by means of reforms, not revolution. (Btw, the war of independance in the US is separationism, since formally, it WAS an English colony. Not sure why they forgot something that happened some 200 years ago and denying others of choosing their own path.) Stupid nations do it by means of revolutions. When I look at Africa, be it North, North-East of mainland, they are struggling to achieve something, but that process has no end to it. And more important is HOW they do it. I mean if you pick your nose in public, it's kind of ignorant, but acceptable. People will cope with that. But if you do it with a knife, spilling a good pint of blood all over the place, people are goind to freak out and call the medics. They will tie you up and put you on meds. So it's a matter of how too. Right now Ukraine is having it a bit over the top. People in East Ukraine are out on the streets not because they're bad people. They are scared. How stupid it is to show them that they are right to be scared by throwing tanks, newly formed National Guard(Maidan followrs, mostly) and Right Sector troops right at them. That's not the way things are done. Imagine someone throwing molotovs at US police forces. Would they shoot to kill? Yes they would. Did Yanukovich shoot to kill? No. Do the new guys in power shoot to kill? Yes. And they use the military to do so. From bad to worse, if you ask me. UN should have intervened weeks ago. But they're just shutting their eyes on it? Why? You damn well know why. Nobody in the West wants peace in the Ukraine. It doesn't achieve their geopolitical goals. Understandable, but vile nevertheless. Those are living people. Or does someone see them as slavic scum? Could that be the case? Arian race all over again? We, the people; they the scum.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: thegeck

I agree with you completely about the fact that the current government as of the 26th of April, is just as corrupt, if not more so than Yanukovich was.

However, I think most people, including you, are forgetting that this is not an internal fight. Russian propaganda is claiming that this is a revolution of the Ukrainian people, but that is the last thing this is.

If you analyze the situation, and look at it from more than one point of view, it is easy to see this is just a continuation of the power struggle between the US/Europe and Russia.

Putin is showing Russia's strength in order to regain their position as a true superpower. Obama's blunders in Syria showed the weak will of the US and it's military might, and proved that while they have the fire power, they lack the will to impose their power. This opened the door for Russia and all kinds of non-sense.

We haven't seen the end of this struggle, and I personally believe this is just the beginning of "Cold War II".

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Mercenaries, OECD spies like in Kosovo, the NATO is doing their best to make the SHTF...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 03:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: fedeykin

originally posted by: Vovin
a reply to: JiggyPotamus

You're wrong. The US government has already promised "soft" military aid to the junta, just like they originally did with islamofascists operating in Syria.

And as for your logic on how all countries use other countries' gear, that's not really true either. Ukraine was the #4 arms exporter of the world when this all went down. Why would Ukraine produce and sell light arms and equipment while buying gear for their own troops from a geopolitical enemy (which the USA was under Yanukovich's regime)?

You are purposefully using contemporary vocabulary coined by the Russian government to discredit the Ukraine regime. Hence, your arguments lose all merit.

Junta - "a small group ruling a country, especially immediately after a coup d'état and before a legally constituted government has been instituted. "

The legal status of the Ukrainian government is only in question by the Russians who are ignoring facts and Ukrainian laws, refering to political theory of legitimacy to deny Ukrainian sovereignty. Hence, to call the Ukrainian government a Junta can only have one reason - Putin's soundbyte.

The fact that the Ukrainian government has completely and utterly fallen to corruption is a different question.

Excuse me? I have spent years in the geopolitical and ideological fields. I have degrees in this field. But I "loose all credibility" because my terminology is apparently too pro-Russian for your acceptance? What a pathetic argument that is not worth any more of my time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join