It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
originally posted by: SurrenderingAmerica
Russia isn't getting into a military quagmire.
All Russia needs to do is sit back & watch the Kiev junta fall onto its sword.
NO LEADERSHIP + NO HOME SUPPORT + IMF PREDATORY BAILOUT + ENERGY DE-STABILIZATION + WAGES/PENSIONS SLASHED 50% + RIGHT SECTOR = BLEAK OUTLOOK FOR KIEV JUNTA
As I've stated earlier:
Kiev junta just forced the Ukrainians into the final debilitating stages of collapse.
Svoboda ("Freedom") was founded in 1991 as the Social National Party of Ukraine.
The party idolizes Stepan Bandera, whose followers fought on the side of the Nazis during World War II against the Red Army and Ukrainian communist militias.
Bandera’s Organization of Ukrainian Nationalists (OUN) had direct support from the Germans: Hitler wanted them to police Ukraine after the Germans took it, and the OUN organized volunteer militias that actively participated in the Holocaust.
"The Jews of the Soviet Union," declared the Banderists, "are the most loyal supporters of the Bolshevik Regime and the vanguard of Muscovite imperialism in the Ukraine."
When the Germans took Lvov in the summer of 1941, the Banderists sent a message to Lvov’s Jews in the form of a pamphlet which said: "We will lay your heads at Hitler’s feet"!
Which they did; the OUN worked with the SS to round up and slaughter 4,000 of the city’s Jews. Their weapons of choice: everything from guns to metal poles.
Right Sector (Ukrainian: Пра́вий се́ктор, Pravyi Sektor) is a Ukrainian nationalist political party and paramilitary collective of several organizations, described by some major publications as having far right, nationalist, or ultranationalist views.
The group claims to have at least 5,000 to 10,000 members.
It first emerged at the end of November 2013 at the Euromaidan protests in Kiev, as an alliance of far-right Ukrainian nationalist groups and the Ukrainian National Assembly – Ukrainian National Self Defence (UNA-UNSO).
1. Oleh Tyahnybok, Svoboda leader, now a top official of the Ukrainian Parliament, is an unrepentant anti-Semite.
In the summer of 2004, he made a speech to his followers at the gravesite of a Banderist commander in which he declared: "You are the ones that the Moscow-Jewish mafia ruling Ukraine fears most."
His peroration also made reference to "Kikes" as prominent among those the Banderists fought.
Tyahnybok was expelled from Parliament for his remarks, but the "revolution" has installed him back in his seat – and more powerful than ever.
2. Ihor Tenyukh, interim defense minister and a member of Svoboda’s political council. Formerly commander of Ukraine’s navy, in 2008, during Russia’s war with Georgia, he ordered Ukrainian warships to block the entrance of the Russian Navy to the bay of Sevastopol.
3. Andriy Parubiy, National Security Council chief, co-founded Svoboda back when it was the “Social National” (ahem!) party.
4. Dmytro Yarosh, deputy head of the National Security Council, i.e. the police, and the founder-leader of "Right Sector," a militant neo-Nazi paramilitary group that took charge of security in the Maiden.
5. Oleh Makhnitsky, Svoboda member of parliament, is prosecutor-general.
6. Oleksandr Sych, Svoboda parliamentarian and the party’s chief ideologist, is deputy prime minister for economic affairs.
7. Serhiy Kvit, a leading member of Svoboda, is to head up the Education Ministry.
8. Andriy Moknyk, the new Minister of Ecology, has been Svoboda’s envoy to other European fascist parties.
Last year, he met with representatives of Italy’s violent neo-fascist gang, Forza Nuovo.
9. Ihor Shvaika, agro-oligarch and a member of Svoboda, has been appointed Minister of Agriculture. One of the richest men in the country, his massive investments in agriculture would seem to indicate a slight conflict of interest.
Olexiy Solohubenko @OS1954 · 4h
Russia can use Article 51 of UN Charter (self-defence) to bring in troops to #Ukraine say Ambo Churkin - trying to legalise invasion
Like Ponomarev, Karetniy is a member of the Belorechensk Cossack community in Russia. A photo posted on the community page details the group involved in the seizures in Sloviansk called “Terek Wolf Sotnia“. His profile is relatively new (registered in February, active more recently) so it cannot be confirmed that his identity is real, however, he does have the social connections with other members involved with a higher degree of authenticity. It’s likely this is him pictured with Ponomarev.
Evgeny “Dingo” Ponomarev
Ponomarev is a 39 year old native of Belorechensk, Russia, in the Kuban region. Pictured above, he is a Registered Cossack with full police badge. He is active in the Terek Cossack community, and featured in many of the photos recently presented by CNN and the BBC detailing the same group of insurgents appearing in Kramatorsk and Sloviansk.
While Ganchev’s profile is littered with cat pictures and memes, in 2013 through to January 2014 there are many photos of him in combat training, including with sniper rifles, assault rifles, heavy machine guns, and rocket launchers. Recent photos from April show him with members who seized buildings in Donetsk. Groups he is a member of include Berkut support, The Supreme Council of the people of Ukraine and Russia (which asks for “practical” assistance in imposing referendums), Crimean “self-defense” groups, and airsoft rifle groups in Crimea (which appears to be a front to gather militants and buy weapons). His current city is listed as Horlivka, Ukraine, and he appears to be from Makiivka.
His hometown is listed as Simferopol and photos show him in Sevastopol, and in group shots with other self-defense militants. Above he is seen at the Sloviansk airfield in Donetsk region (here’s video of the airfield with the same helicopters ). He’s in the ‘People’s Liberation Movement in Ukraine‘ (which calls to ‘liberate’ the ‘western occupied colony’ from ‘invaders’), Russian Spring, and another group which calls to retake Odessa from ‘fascism’. He is seen with the Terek Wolf Company insignia.
originally posted by: RadiationAndCancer
a reply to: Mamatus
Anyone who supports US in this Ukraine Fiasco is supporting WW3,
read what seemingly experienced thread assessment analyst says how this story will end