It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cliven Bundy Responds to NYT Article

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: guohua

So you're trying to justify some old white guys racism with some old black guys homophobia?

if the shoe fits.

don't forget homo AND racism.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   
You are all so silly playing these pretend games. I was born to a racist family. Everyone of you know that this man is ignorant and hates. Anyone, anyone, who thinks standing on a block and having your body cavities poked and prodded and felt up while the public looks on, is a better life than what they have now, is crazy. Imagine having to stand still while you watch your children or spouse, felt up and body cavities probed and taken away for ever.

Just how stupid are you to believe this retreat by the republicans who started this whole idiocy?

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: guohua

a reply to: guohua

So you're trying to justify some old white guys racism with some old black guys homophobia?

Not Trying To Justify Anything, It is Justified By Sharpton opening his own mouth.
By the way, he was not only talking about Homosexuals, he mentioned White Folks in Caves While The Black Man Was Building Civilizations.

Then He came back and said, Homo was certainly not a homophobic term, REALLY Sharpton?
But you could say, that was the way he didn't know any better.

It doesn't justify anything. Both are assholes. That's like saying I'm absolved of punching someone in the face because well, hasn't everyone done that? You've succumbed to the logical fallacy that hate is only intolerable coming from white males.

There are heroes to be had by the dozen in the fight against tyranny, why this loser when he never had any ground to stand on in the first place?

A few days ago, a coalition of Native Americans and ranchers rode horseback onto the National Mall in DC, they set up teepees and are staying there til Sunday I believe. They're demanding that Obama stop the KXL pipeline from running through their lands.

Why isn't Glenn Beck, Alex Jones or FOX talking about this stand against tyranny? Where's the militias to protect the protesters here? Why do they never mention government over reach when land is seized for oil or gas, or if not seized the owners forced to comply with fracking and wells on their property or the pumping of the waste all over their ground, destroying anything growing on it and from ever being able to grow anything on it again.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: samsamm9
a reply to: govmule

I would also be willing to bet some older blacks say some pretty nasty things about whites.

This has to be one of the most hilarious replies ever lol

I'm willing to bet to ! Don't you think it'd be adequate for them to say some nasty things about what the hell they probably went through because of some white folks ?

I guess I don't read race hate into everything I see and hear so it is difficult to understand why you are so offended by my statement. Life is short, maybe looking to a better future with the strides we have made will help you. I cant speak for other whites, but I am tired of all the racism BS, an overwhelming majority of Americans have no bias toward any race. I have stated Bundy was out of live with his comments. Maybe you should see what he actually said instead of being taken out of context, that is, if you do believe in fairness.

Actual interview;

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Oddly enough, since we're on the topic of race...

Maybe I should uhm...Lessee maybe I shouldnt... I'll put it this way.. maybe put it lightly about this whole dna trace mess you're all messed up in. The chinese (asians) were slaves and shipped to Latin America just like blacks. The trans atlantic slave trade and pacific slave trade. You guys ever wonder why some "Mexicans" look like you? Same applies to those blacks and whites out there. Nope, youre not exactly native and yes you have close dna, close but nope. Sorry guys. I know you're "gettin in where you fit in" (and youre partly right and welcome to because I love you all) but you only fit in (natively) because people were assholes. No surprise there. Whites were slaves too btw (Oh yea you thought you were gettin off because you were white huh, nope, slavery wasnt about color). Not many know that and to this day many will deny it. (Someone somewhere just gritted their teeth) careful, its illegal transport dentures in some places.

Oddly enough, for those who live in the real world where teeth and time seem to be important
some of the most beautiful people Ive seen and met are a result of the slave trade. (wiggles eyebrows) Its cause we're all sexy. Thats what it is.

As for Bundy, meh I still dont know what to make of it. I don't think he meant any harm. I dont think anyone on ats should take much of it seriously or offensively either. Not worth it, not with world history being what it is. Fact is lots of people were chained and lots of people from all walks, without agriculture or large construction projects? Dont have much to do. Newsflash America
"We" are free and bored, and... so is the rest of the world. So, the man actually does have a point. No offense intended but we are all "linked." Eh? "Love for all Free peoples" what? did you think I was bluffin? Its one of the oldest trades in the world and its sucks no matter where it is. Poop is the Truth, take a big wiff. Resources, spices, buildings.. you name it. You put it there.

(Ducks behind a table) O.o o.O

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: govmule

Here is one black mans perspective on what Bundy said, I think he cut through all the PC madness and cut to the chase.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
So the this old fool is now a racist, ignorant tax-dodger.... and yet people STILL defend him like he is some honourable man, some great bastion of hope and fairness...?
Like HIS cause is the one... the last straw?

Pathetic.

The guy is a dinosaur who's views are abhorrent.

edit on 25/4/14 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   

A few days ago, a coalition of Native Americans and ranchers rode horseback onto the National Mall in DC, they set up teepees and are staying there til Sunday I believe. They're demanding that Obama stop the KXL pipeline from running through their lands.

Why isn't Glenn Beck, Alex Jones or FOX talking about this stand against tyranny? Where's the militias to protect the protesters here? Why do they never mention government over reach when land is seized for oil or gas, or if not seized the owners forced to comply with fracking and wells on their property or the pumping of the waste all over their ground, destroying anything growing on it and from ever being able to grow anything on it again.

They're the "wrong" colour and the "wrong" kind of American.
You raise a good point though and it's funny that the Cliven protest/incident has attracted a certain kind of person.
edit on 25/4/14 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup
So the this old fool is now a racist, ignorant tax-dodger.... and yet people STILL defend him like he is some honourable man, some great bastion of hope and fairness...?
Like HIS cause is the one... the last straw?

Pathetic.

The guy is a dinosaur who's views are abhorrent.

It is obvious by your remarks you have not followed all the details and facts of this issue. What a shame you just boil it down to name calling. Pathetic is our elected federal officials.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

Your comments imply that anyone who supports the issue behind the BLM use of force at militarized tactics are racist? It is people like you who fuel the flame of racism.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

Hmm...I read through and didn't find a single one of these "black leaders" talking about picking cotton or returning to the days of slavery. Maybe I missed it somewhere. Don't blame the media for what Bundy said. Don't blame anyone else. Put the blame where it lies, right in the horse's mouth. Bundy's character is starting to reveal itself. People didn't know anything about the man until recently...now we're in the learning curve. He's feeding his cows now with my tax dollars as far as I'm concerned. He's drinking from the trough of the welfare state. At first I believed in him but not any more.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: AreUKiddingMe
Are you just expressing your thoughts?

Well that is officially condemned by TPTB, MSM and Harry Reid.
Please report to your local FEMA Camp for "re-education".
There is nobody left to try and stop your lifetime sentencing to imprisonment.
You got exactly what you deserved.

Goodbye and good luck in FEMA.
edit on 25-4-2014 by Granite because: sp

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Granite
Are you just expressing your thoughts?

Well that is officially condemned by TPTB, MSM and Harry Reid.
Please report to your local FEMA Camp for "re-education".
There is nobody left to try and stop your lifetime sentencing to imprisonment.
You got exactly what you deserved.

Goodbye and good luck in FEMA.

This is why discussion with your kind is pointless. If I don't agree with you on every single issue, or this issue in particular, then I'm "bound for a FEMA camp and am getting what I deserve." How narrow-minded and devoid of any sense of thought on the matter. Please. Get a grip on yourself.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Members like you are the problem here, not the solution.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Granite

Actually the only problem ever on ATS is not people who disagree with each other, it's people that can't handle disagreeing with others. You can have a rational conversation/debate with people you disagree with.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Granite
Members like you are the problem here, not the solution.

Hmmm a one-liner personal insult. How could I expect anything less from you? It sure devolves quickly doesn't it?
You continue to prove my point. Members like me are the problem?, because I don't agree with you on this issue. In other words, march to the beat of your drum or elseI'm the problem. Sorry, I march to my own beat and not yours nor anyone else's.

Your attempt at intimidation has just failed.

edit on 25-4-2014 by AreUKiddingMe because: spacing

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: AreUKiddingMe

Hmm...I read through and didn't find a single one of these "black leaders" talking about picking cotton or returning to the days of slavery. Maybe I missed it somewhere. Don't blame the media for what Bundy said. Don't blame anyone else. Put the blame where it lies, right in the horse's mouth. Bundy's character is starting to reveal itself. People didn't know anything about the man until recently...now we're in the learning curve. He's feeding his cows now with my tax dollars as far as I'm concerned. He's drinking from the trough of the welfare state. At first I believed in him but not any more.

It is patently obvious that you've never had a conversation on these issues with an old black person or a lot of old black people and some not so old. They don't get their jammies wadded when they are referred to as "colored" or "Negro." They despair for their families and the future of their grandchildren just like a lot of old white people.
If you can listen to the un-edited tape and call the man a racist, it is not others who are throwing insults, it is you by calling him a hateful name that in no way applies to him from all reports of people who actually know and interact with him on a regular basis.
If you are truly concerned about race relations in your community, I'd suggest you go down to the local NCAAP and talk with them about what is important to them. In our community the NCAAP is supported by a mix of civil servants, public servants and local businesses. They are far more worried about jobs for their children and grandchildren and the creeping, brutal police state than what some rancher in Nevada said to some folks at his party.
If you are looking for points of disagreement with another human being---I can promise you that if you search hard enough you'll find something disagreeable about that person. In this case you didn't have to wait long for someone in New York to tell you he was a racist. ahhh, the magic of the media to divide rather than unite us....

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   
It's NAACP, not NCAAP, for starters. If you knew much about them it seems you could get the name right.
Next, I don't recall calling Bundy any "names". I didn't call him "racist", or any thing like that. I based my opinion on what I saw in his interview, watching him speak. He generalized according to people's skin color, making some very offensive comments about slavery. I didn't call him a racist.
I've had many conversations with old black people, worked with them, side by side, lived with them, learned from them, taught them, been helped by them, and have helped them. I have a pretty diverse range of experience with them, from suit-and-tie businessmen, all the way down to gangster level. So don't be saying "obviously this" or obviously that" when you really don't know.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Cliven Bundy may or may not be a racist. I don't know the man, but parading around a trophy black friend, (see, I'm not a racist, I have a black friend,) is not helping his case one bit with the blacks. This is all about perception and education. How many blacks in the hood or projects would believe that he wasn't simply a hateful racist if he'd said what he'd said while standing in the middle of them there? How many do you honestly believe that he'd come out of there unscathed? He may not have had any hateful intentions with his words, but tell that to them.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
He's still a deadbeat welfare rancher though. There's no denying that.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join