It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cliven Bundy Responds to NYT Article

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: clearmind

What massive land grab? The government has owned that land since the West was settled. They don't manage it properly but still... it belongs to the government.

I'd rather stand up for the folks fighting not to have their actually owned land taken away from them to build a pipeline.

So do you defend the positions of people in Texas along the Red River? The BLM is claiming their land that they have deeds for and have paid current taxes on? The issue here is the BLM, not whether or not Bundy is an idiot.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Ok, I watched the video, read his comments. Yeah, the guy definitely is 100% certified ignorant dumb ass red neck who needs emergency surgery to remove the foot from his mouth. However, being an ignorant bigot is still a constitutionally protected right, and it does not change the fact that the feds are overreacting and have been overstepping their boundaries.

To be honest, both sides have blown this whole thing out of proportion. However, whatever Mr. Bundy''s personal beliefs, it should not have any real effect on his supporters and the original cause for all of this.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: govmule

I would also be willing to bet some older blacks say some pretty nasty things about whites.

This has to be one of the most hilarious replies ever lol

I'm willing to bet to ! Don't you think it'd be adequate for them to say some nasty things about what the hell they probably went through because of some white folks ?
edit on 24-4-2014 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: govmule

If they actually own the land sure.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

you know what i find funny about this? the fact that a bunch of white middle class people are arguing over what they think is racist or not. not a single black in sight, just a bunch of ignorant white people who don't really understand anything, they just think they know more than they do.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: samsamm9

All of you that defends him saying; come on" he's older, , , it was normal bla bla bla, I understand it strikes a personal chord, since you surely have some of these older generation racist old f##ks in your own family or personal circle, but you still have to call a duck a duck.

OK, I agree with you.
He is Older and set in his way of thinking. He doesn't live in the P C world down town like you do.
Kind of like my husband, he doesn't care if he hurts your feelings.

Here's a good example for you.

Indeed, who could forget the dulcet tones of Sharpton’s 1994 speech at New Jersey’s Kean College, where he lavished an audience of students and professors with pearls of eloquence and sensitivity like this:

“White folks was in the caves while we [blacks] was building empires … We built pyramids before Donald Trump ever knew what architecture was … we taught philosophy and astrology and mathematics before Socrates and them Greek homos ever got around to it.”[1]

Lest you think that Sharpton was being unkind in his reference to homosexuals, he subsequently explained that while his use of the word “homos” may have been “irresponsible,” it certainly “is not a homophobic term”[2]—leaving us to conclude that he probably meant to use the word only in its best sense.

Link

edit on 24-4-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I posted this elsewhere on another post but I wanna add to this coversation so I am going to add it here..

---

I have this to say.. Not being white and all..

Bundy can by Hitler for all I care.. Still does not make it right what happened which made him famous in the 1st place..

The part where Merc's were going to shoot people, the part where BLM put free speech zones, the part where the fed over stepped their boundaries, and the slew of other things..

I also want to point out if they can do this to a white person, what makes any other race think they are immune? In this statement I just proved it doesn't matter who you are... White, black, green, triangle.. You are all garbage to the government.. We are their property...

The select few got all of our money(Slave work) and giving us slave hrs(80+ hrs a week in some households) while someone else enjoys the fruits of our labor..

Who said we were free?

So if you think you are white and will not get treated as a slave... Think again.. To them we are all slaves, no matter the color..

--

This is what I think, this is what I believe.. if people are stupid enough listen to the MSN, then some people are just plain stupid..

And for the record I am Native American.

::EDIT::

originally posted by: seeker1963
We either learn from history OR KEEP REPEATING IT!!!!

YOUR CHOICE?

Come on man.. You already know the answer.. Humans are to stupid and think it will never happen again..
edit on 4/24/2014 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/24/2014 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Be sure to check out the hottest and latest info on this MADE UP STORY, only on ATS

HOAX EXPOSED: Full Clip of Bundy’s Non-Racist, Pro-Black, Pro-Mexican, Anti-Government Remarks Vs. NYT's Edit
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 4/24/2014 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: guohua

So you're trying to justify some old white guys racism with some old black guys homophobia?

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
So we are going to turn this into a race issue and no the actual issue..

And people wonder why this country is so F'd up...

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: anon72

Hoax exposed? lol

So okay he says we've made progress and we don't want to back to those times, then goes on to say... when 'coloreds', and 'tell you what else I know about the negroes'...

I'm wondering if they're better off under a government subsidy and their young women are having the abortions and their young men are in jail and their older women and children are sitting out on the cement porch without nothing to do. I'm wondering: Are they happier now under this government subsidy system than they were when they were when they were slaves and they was able to their family structure together and the chickens and the garden and the people have something to do? So in my mind, are they better off being slaves in that sense or better off being slaves to the United States government in the sense of the subsidy? I'm wondering. The statement was right. I am wondering.

as I said before...

Because all black people are of broken homes, on welfare and all the men are in jail and the women practice birth control with abortion? Why doesn't he ask if poor white folks living in trailer parks would be happier as slaves? They sit around in lawn chairs all day on the taxpayer dime, their kids don't have anything to do either... what skill can we teach them so that they have something to do? Picking cotton is taken. Goddamn idiots defending this moocher. Who the hell does he think he is when he's grazing on public land for free? Poverty is the issue, not race. Lack of opportunity is the issue, not laziness.

Nothing he said previous makes what he said later, not racist.
edit on 4/24/2014 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ThichHeaded
Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts that FACTS in truth.
We are well aware of divide and conquer tactics here on ATS...some members refuse to wise-up or paid Federal government trolls...some lost souls too.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Granite

And the biggest part.. As long as we bicker about this guy being a racist.. The further we will get from the actual issues..
I wouldn't be surprised if this turns into another he was screwing his kids type thing(Remember when?)..

But Kali is working the race thing real well.. Again it does not matter.. What matters is what made the guy famous.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: guohua

So you're trying to justify some old white guys racism with some old black guys homophobia?

Not Trying To Justify Anything, It is Justified By Sharpton opening his own mouth.
By the way, he was not only talking about Homosexuals, he mentioned White Folks in Caves While The Black Man Was Building Civilizations.

Then He came back and said, Homo was certainly not a homophobic term, REALLY Sharpton?
But you could say, that was the way he didn't know any better.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Hopefully, Kali and others read all your posts here and have a change of heart!!
Time is running out soon.

BTW Cliven retained a great lawyer today. I only remember his last name Clayman...Seal Team 6 family's also are clients.
edit on 25-4-2014 by Granite because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-4-2014 by Granite because: sp

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   
This thread is proof that political correctness is one of the downfalls to our great nation.

Free speech my arse.

I don't care what he said. You shouldn't either.

It is not the frigging issue, mmmkay.

The ignorant bickering back and forth, is/and will be the catalyst that brings us down. This is proof that political correctness spawns an uncontrolled "hatred" upon us.

If you read the whole thread you can see it.

World peace, or peace in general will never happen because of this, the "i'm right and you are wrong" paradigm.

I'm not saying i'm right, it is just how I percieve this debacle.

That is why it is so important to everyone.

Ignorance is a disease and we all are apparantly infected with it, because we have to be so damn politically correct.

How does it feel. Because I think it sucks.

My rant is over. Just sick of the BS making headlines while the real issues are buried.

edit on 25-4-2014 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: govmule

originally posted by: samsamm9
Listen, he's an obvious crystallized racist. Yes yes he's from another generation( a racist one ), but racism is racism.
Now he feels kinda bad and confused because he has these new "negro friends" lol

All of you that defends him saying; come on" he's older, , , it was normal bla bla bla, I understand it strikes a personal chord, since you surely have some of these older generation racist old f##ks in your own family or personal circle, but you still have to call a duck a duck.

Bundy was out of line with his comments no doubt about it. And I have heard some older people say nasty things about blacks. I would also be willing to bet some older blacks say some pretty nasty things about whites. The last time I checked we have a black president, I think the race issue has made great strides on both sides, its certainly not perfect yet. The Bundy issue is not about race, its about an out of control government.

Maybe you should check again on the president's race to do your part against racism by learning that he is of mixed race both equal parts black and white. The white half must count as equally important as the black half, or it is racism.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Granite

I made my name for a reason.. You see why? It wasn't a random thing.. I looked at the forum for a while and decided this name fit a few people then.. Today... Seems more probable than when I made it..

a reply to: liejunkie01
I whole hardheartedly Agree with you..

For the people whining about this guy saying stupid racist things.. Does it really matter? What matters to you people? That he said what he did or what The government and BLM did to him? Remember they pointed a gun at him (and citizens) because he supposedly owed money..

So again, words, or actions? What is more important?
edit on 4/25/2014 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/25/2014 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Granite is very hard rock so we have much in common and on the side of Good!
Welcome to ATS!!

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: guohua
a reply to: samsamm9

OK, I agree with you.
He is Older and set in his way of thinking. He doesn't live in the P C world down town like you do.
Kind of like my husband, he doesn't care if he hurts your feelings.

Here's a good example for you.

Indeed, who could forget the dulcet tones of Sharpton’s 1994 speech at New Jersey’s Kean College, where he lavished an audience of students and professors with pearls of eloquence and sensitivity like this:

“White folks was in the caves while we [blacks] was building empires … We built pyramids before Donald Trump ever knew what architecture was … we taught philosophy and astrology and mathematics before Socrates and them Greek homos ever got around to it.”[1]

Lest you think that Sharpton was being unkind in his reference to homosexuals, he subsequently explained that while his use of the word “homos” may have been “irresponsible,” it certainly “is not a homophobic term”[2]—leaving us to conclude that he probably meant to use the word only in its best sense.

Link

oh well, that's different! somehow,

for some reason...is sharpton black?

a dem? both?
didn't he mention hymietown somewhere?

personally, i'm stuck on black since the 60's. screw the african-american thing.

they wanted to be called black, instead of colored. fine.

can i change my whiteness label every 10yrs?

oh, cracka! lol! white bread, and other bs.

bundy is a generation before me. probably 2 or 3 before most here on ats. he means less harm than sharpton.

hell, i have an american friend that's offended by the word jap. when we write, i use chin/jap. saves time. we are both married to a jap and a chin. i am a gwailo. big deal. i embrace it. he is a gaijin.

homos? lol!! how that fat pig ever got a show is beyond me.

anyway, his "racist" remarks are a non-starter.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join