It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cliven Bundy Responds to NYT Article

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Lmao so he denies he's racist with more racism?

I'm wondering if they're better off under a government subsidy and their young women are having the abortions and their young men are in jail and their older women and children are sitting out on the cement porch without nothing to do. I'm wondering: Are they happier now under this government subsidy system than they were when they were when they were slaves and they was able to their family structure together and the chickens and the garden and the people have something to do? So in my mind, are they better off being slaves in that sense or better off being slaves to the United States government in the sense of the subsidy? I'm wondering. The statement was right. I am wondering.

TPM

Because all black people are of broken homes, on welfare and all the men are in jail and the women practice birth control with abortion?

Why doesn't he ask if poor white folks living in trailer parks would be happier as slaves? They sit around in lawn chairs all day on the taxpayer dime, their kids don't have anything to do either... what skill can we teach them so that they have something to do? Picking cotton is taken.

Goddamn idiots defending this moocher. Who the hell does he think he is when he's grazing on public land for free?

Poverty is the issue, not race. Lack of opportunity is the issue, not laziness.

Morons.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: AreUKiddingMe

.. it killed the hopes and dreams of some anti-government people who will have to find someone else's cause to rally around. .

I am betting the MSM will milk this whole affair and all the sideshows as well..

By the way, the use of the label "anti-government people" is a label that was created for people who blow the whistle on corrupt politicians and over reaching authorities.
It is false to use it unless you are speaking about our current leaders, because they are the only anti-government people I see. Like ignoring the law of the land (constitution), that is very anti-government. Our own president is VERY anti-government, remember (we the people)..
The MSM wants to change public perception about this so people don't get the idea that THEY are the government of this country, rather than some corrupt employees we hired to manage our country, who now like to think of themselves as the only government.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienreality

.. it killed the hopes and dreams of some anti-government people who will have to find someone else's cause to rally around. .

I am betting the MSM will milk this whole affair and all the sideshows as well..

By the way, the use of the label "anti-government people" is a label that was created for people who blow the whistle on corrupt politicians and over reaching authorities.
It is false to use it unless you are speaking about our current leaders, because they are the only anti-government people I see. Like ignoring the law of the land (constitution), that is very anti-government. Our own president is VERY anti-government, remember (we the people)..
The MSM wants to change public perception about this so people don't get the idea that THEY are the government of this country, rather than some corrupt employees we hired to manage our country, who now like to think of themselves as the only government.

They already are!!!!

Hell, even FOX news is playing into the Progressive game!

pfffffffft The propaganda machine is in full motion!

Hell, look at the responses from the "Boy who cried wolf crowd" that is still trying to milk the hell out of a word they already ruined!!!!

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

link to video

Don't drink the kool-aid, young people. Watch Cliven's words from his own mouth. Talk like this has no place in today's society. Period. Cliven sabotaged his own effort and with it killed the hopes and dreams of some anti-government people who will have to find someone else's cause to rally around. I used to support Bundy until talk like this. Despicable. No forgiveness for age here. The Civil War happened long before he was born. Now he want's to lump all black people into "cotton pickers" on "subsidy" "sitting on the porch". If it was a joke, well, maybe you could excuse talk like that.
Judge for yourself but at least watch and listen to him in his own words.

Quote by Harry Reid on the election of Obama!

Senate Democratic leader Harry Reid apologized on Saturday for saying the race of Barack Obama – whom he described as a "light skinned" African-American "with no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one" – would help rather than hurt his eventual presidential bid.

Huffington Post

Did you ever think to consider that those of the older generation grew up in a different world than we did?

Or is screaming "RACIST" the in thing when it comes to being "TRENDY"?

Your lack of knowledge shows......

Many of the REAL Black Leaders have been saying the same thing! I guess it is only racist when said by a white man?

By "older generation" what do you mean? I'm not exactly young myself.
Could you point out these "real black leaders who are saying the same thing"?
Here we go....I don't agree with you therefore I have a lack of knowledge. Yawn
Bundy made this a national issue, he is a national figure now, so millions of people are going to hear whatever he says. I don't like Dirty Harry, or any of the corrupt politicians. I stand for freedom, for all, not just white people. Jeez do we have to go all the way back to the Civil War?
Trendy? I could give a hoot about it. It's definitely going against the grain right here to say what I believe but let the chips fall. If there's one thing you can't call me it is "Trendy".

Black leaders saying the same thing? Here's Dr. Walter Williams hosted.verticalresponse.com...

People in the media and academia are mostly leftists hellbent on growing government and controlling our lives. Black people, their politicians and civil rights organizations have become unwitting accomplices. The leftist pretense of concern for the well-being of black people confers upon them an aura of moral superiority and, as such, gives more credibility to their calls for increasing government control over our lives. Ordinary black people have been sold on the importance of electing blacks to high public office. After centuries of black people having been barred from high elected office, no decent American can have anything against their wider participation in our political system.

The cultural problems that affect many black people are challenging and not pleasant to talk about, but incorrectly attributing those problems to racism and racial discrimination, a need for more political power, and a need for greater public spending condemns millions of blacks to the degradation and despair of the welfare state.

Here's Dr. Thomas Sowell : jewishworldreview.com...

A friend recently sent me a link to an inspiring video about an upbeat young black man who was born without arms. It showed him going to work — unlike the record number of people living on government payments for "disabilities" that are far less serious, if not fictitious. How is this young man getting to work? He gets into his car and drives there — using controls set up so that he can operate the car with his feet. What kind of work does he do, and how does he do it? He is involved in the design of racing cars. He sits at his computer, looking at the screen, with the keyboard on the floor, where he uses his toes as others use their fingers.

The vision on which the all-encompassing and all-controlling welfare state was built is a vision of widespread helplessness, requiring ever more expanding big government. Our "compassionate" statists would probably have wanted to take this young man without arms, early on, and put him in some government institution. But to celebrate him in the mainstream media today would undermine a whole ideological vision of the world — and of the vast government bureaucracies built on that vision. It might even cause people to think twice about giving money to able-bodied men who are standing on street corners, begging. The last thing the political left needs, or can even afford, are self-reliant individuals. If such people became the norm, that would destroy not only the agenda and the careers of those on the left, but even their flattering image of themselves as saviors of the less fortunate. Victimhood is where it's at. If there are not enough real victims, then fictitious victims must be created — as with the claim that there is "a war on women." Why anyone would have an incentive or a motivation to create a war on women in the first place is just one of the questions that should be asked of those who promote this political slogan, obviously designed for the gullible.

Here are just two leaders of the black community who are telling it like it is in their world. There are more but if you read the links provided, I think you'll get the idea that all black folks don't speak with the same voice as you've been led to believe.
Look up Dr. Ben Carson. I'm sure you'll find some pithy quotes from him as well.

But this name calling is not surprising to me at all. If crying "racist" doesn't work, I'm sure someone will find a "former acquaintance" who will swear they heard a rumor that he was a child molester. If this is a the sum total of TPTB's indictment of him, he can rest easy in his bed tonight. It's an old ploy that only the low-information people fall for and stir into their Cool-Aid---epic fail.
edit on 24-4-2014 by diggindirt because: clarity

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: AreUKiddingMe

I'm not exactly young myself. Could you point out these "real black leaders who are saying the same thing"?

How about the pastor of our young Black Leader, he sat in that church and listened for 20 years.
Do you think any of it stuck with him?

Sen. Barack Obama's pastor says blacks should not sing "God Bless America" but "God damn America."

In a campaign appearance earlier this month, Sen. Obama said, "I don't think my church is actually particularly controversial." He said Rev. Wright "is like an old uncle who says things I don't always agree with," telling a Jewish group that everyone has someone like that in their family.

"The government gives them the drugs, builds bigger prisons, passes a three-strike law and then wants us to sing 'God Bless America.' No, no, no, God damn America, that's in the Bible for killing innocent people," he said in a 2003 sermon. "God damn America for treating our citizens as less than human. God damn America for as long as she acts like she is God and she is supreme."

Link
Ok, So, I don't agree with every thing that Uncle Bundy has to say, But I Respect His Right To Say It!
OH, He wasn't Standing in the Designated:

Edited to add: I'm Old Very Old, but I'm Chinese and my husband is Older and has some very wild idea's.

edit on 24-4-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

I appreciate your efforts to show what I was talking about!

They! (The Progressives) will call the examples you gave "Uncle Toms"! They have done it before and will continue to do it until they realize they totally DESTROYED the true meaning of "Racism"!

They are so weak on their policies that "Racism" is their so called "ACE IN THE HOLE"!

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienreality

They already are!!!!

Hell, even FOX news is playing into the Progressive game!

pfffffffft The propaganda machine is in full motion!

Hell, look at the responses from the "Boy who cried wolf crowd" that is still trying to milk the hell out of a word they already ruined!!!!

Thank you Seeker, GladToBeHere, Gohua, et all for your excellent, important contributions here!
I personally will NEVER let the MSM, liars diminish my proud feelings that are heart-felt right now and hereafter.
Bundy family, militial members (black, white) and the general public supporting events showed true American capacity. We can do anything...together...and will do anything our founding fathers and Constitution endorse...and died for.
Hallelujah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Listen, he's an obvious crystallized racist. Yes yes he's from another generation( a racist one ), but racism is racism.
Now he feels kinda bad and confused because he has these new "negro friends" lol

All of you that defends him saying; come on" he's older, , , it was normal bla bla bla, I understand it strikes a personal chord, since you surely have some of these older generation racist old f##ks in your own family or personal circle, but you still have to call a duck a duck.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: samsamm9
Listen, he's an obvious crystallized racist. Yes yes he's from another generation( a racist one ), but racism is racism.
Now he feels kinda bad and confused because he has these new "negro friends" lol

All of you that defends him saying; come on" he's older, , , it was normal bla bla bla, I understand it strikes a personal chord, since you surely have some of these older generation racist old f##ks in your own family or personal circle, but you still have to call a duck a duck.

What about the most powerful Senator in the US? You know, Harry Reid?

Why aren't you outraged at his "Negro" comment?

Cliven Bundy, does not write laws! Harry Reid does!
edit on 24-4-2014 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
massive attempt to distract from what happened? and thatis what happens when the side that is...'wrong'... deos when they cant get thier lie to be held as truth.

now they are covering racism?!? what deos that have to do with an armed federal govt response to a questionable situation of an unpaided bill?!? they will do everything to distract from the true nature of what happened....dont be sidetracked....

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: clearmind

No one went knocking on this idiots door and asked him about race! He said all this at his 'weekly press conference' (lmfao). He chose to pontificate and philosophize and categorize minorities. He created this mess himself! Just like he created the mess of having his cattle rounded up himself!

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: clearmind

No one went knocking on this idiots door and asked him about race! He said all this at his 'weekly press conference' (lmfao). He chose to pontificate and philosophize and categorize minorities. He created this mess himself! Just like he created the mess of having his cattle rounded up himself!

Did you hear the question he was asked before he was videoed with his rant?????

Nope! They conveniently cut out that part!

But hey, ya'll can't get your way unless you keep perpetuating the hate that separates us now can you?

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   

a reply to: diggindirt

I appreciate your efforts to show what I was talking about!

They! (The Progressives) will call the examples you gave "Uncle Toms"! They have done it before and will continue to do it until they realize they totally DESTROYED the true meaning of "Racism"!

They are so weak on their policies that "Racism" is their so called "ACE IN THE HOLE"!

I am glad to see someone else see what's going on here. The MSM never reported anything on the Bundy issue while it escalated, with the exception of Fox after the initial violence by the BLM. After Dirty Harry opened his hate spewing corrupt mouth everyone in the MSM jumped in. Now Dirty Harry is using "see, Bundy is a racist" to get everyone to ignore the militarized event the BLM initiated. If people do not see the real issue is the BLM tactics and policies we are in trouble.

I don't think Bundy intended on offending blacks, he was trying to state the government oppresses them, he used very poor judgment in his wording and his analogy was piss poor. If he is a racist or bigot, that has nothing to do with actions by the BLM. This issue is not about race.

As a disclaimer, I in no way commend or approve of any of the racial overtones that were spoken by Bundy. I do not know his educational history but I doubt it was Harvard.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Who's y'all and what do we want exactly?

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Who's y'all and what do we want exactly?

Answer my question or continue to deflect!

Your choice!

AND NOT TO MENTION!

Here you are slamming an old man for being a "RACIST" and CALLING ME OUT FOR USING THE TERM "YA'LL"?????

So much for "TOLERANCE AND RESPECT FROM THE PARTY THAT DEMANDS IT" aye?

OH! BTW? "AYE" is a term I learned from a few Canadian friends I had!

So unless you want to make fun of me for saying "AYE" and pissing off a whole lot of Canadians???........

edit on 24-4-2014 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Does it matter? He then went on talk radio palooza, trying to clear up what he said... just to make it worse! Was he forced to do that too?

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: clearmind
massive attempt to distract from what happened? and thatis what happens when the side that is...'wrong'... deos when they cant get thier lie to be held as truth.

now they are covering racism?!? what deos that have to do with an armed federal govt response to a questionable situation of an unpaided bill?!? they will do everything to distract from the true nature of what happened....dont be sidetracked....

Yes, but their ATTEMPT will not work.
This event was pivotal in American history...despite the nay-sayers.
Just watch our momentum carry onward to restore American liberty and justice for all.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Does it matter? He then went on talk radio palooza, trying to clear up what he said... just to make it worse! Was he forced to do that too?

Still deflecting?

ARE YA SCARED?

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: samsamm9

Bundy was out of line with his comments no doubt about it. And I have heard some older people say nasty things about blacks. I would also be willing to bet some older blacks say some pretty nasty things about whites. The last time I checked we have a black president, I think the race issue has made great strides on both sides, its certainly not perfect yet. The Bundy issue is not about race, its about an out of control government.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join