It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cliven Bundy Responds to NYT Article

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Since the "ATS Federal boot-lickers, big libs" are permanently devisisve, selfish, liars, etc., I will direct my comments toward young people.
1. Always listened to elders for there wisdom...your young ears may not fully understand the meaning but someday you will and thank them.
2. Listen to Cliven say: " I learned a whole lot about blacks, whites these passed few weeks" (Black militia members attended protest and are posted vigil to guard Bundy family 24/7...look for them on Rick Santilli's show on Upstream...I will find it and post a screenprint that will blow your mind.)
3. This is a fight for your minds, souls so take this very seriously.

edit on 24-4-2014 by Granite because: sp

edit on 24-4-2014 by Granite because: sp

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Granite

It's too late the character assassination is in full swing. Harry Reid will not go down without a fight. They went right for the jugular with racist accusations. Next they will drag up some "old acquaintances" that will remain anonymous to say some nasty racist things about his past. They want this man silenced like yesterday.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
It's funny that people would believe the NYT. It was not like they were there at the scene. Plus, they are known to put out fake news for the state propaganda machine.

+16 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

I'll paraphrase Cliven Bundy:
  • Blacks under slavery had a skill, cotton picking, which they passed on to their children. As silly as it may seem, it was an actual skill when you consider the abrasiveness of the plant itself.
  • Without skills, they and their families were now left relying on government subsidies.
  • He goes on to say that the family unit was more in tact during those days than it is today.
Is there some truth to what he's saying? Probably.

Is it a poorly worded analogy? I'd say yes.

Does he really think that slavery was a good thing? I doubt it.

Regardless of his personal beliefs and opinions, it is absolutely inexcusable for the government to send an army of 200 to 300 men to "collect fees" and impound cattle.

This is nothing more than a red herring.

Character assassination plain and simple intended to deflect from the real issue: the fact that our government is quickly turning America into a police state.

edit on 24-4-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Holy cow nice non partisan thread there buddy, your messiah is getting taken down a few notches, the left is only using the mud you guys started throwing in the first place.

The left is as bad, you guys create false heroes then get all heart broken when those heroes might be just normal people, that might have done or said something that can be considered offensive.

But thats no fun, keep up the blame game, i personnaly love it.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   

link to video

Don't drink the kool-aid, young people. Watch Cliven's words from his own mouth. Talk like this has no place in today's society. Period. Cliven sabotaged his own effort and with it killed the hopes and dreams of some anti-government people who will have to find someone else's cause to rally around. I used to support Bundy until talk like this. Despicable. No forgiveness for age here. The Civil War happened long before he was born. Now he want's to lump all black people into "cotton pickers" on "subsidy" "sitting on the porch". If it was a joke, well, maybe you could excuse talk like that.
Judge for yourself but at least watch and listen to him in his own words.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Yea that is a stupid thing for him to say, why would he even need to comment about this, how did this come up. Picking cotton is such a great skill...if only there were more jobs for black people to pick cotton now. Oh no I think hes saying to his counterparts, a moment of epiphany and enlightenment, 'Im not racist, I think black people in the ghettos and who we mainly complain about for being on welfare, are skillful people, they picked cotton and thats hard, and they can even pass on their skills over generations! So this proves they arent lowly animals after all'. < Thats what it sounds like to me at least, with admittedly the little knowledge I know. This whole thing seems absolutely ridiculous, with what I know of it. But with all the crazy people in this country, things like this are bound to happen every once in a while, I guess I should be surprised it doesnt happen more often.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   

I think Bundy was just trying to make a point about how bad things are for African Americans under the welfare state, rather than trying to say things were 'good' under slavery and highlight that the welfare state can be a form of slavery itself.

He's an old man, he probably hasn't got a diploma from P.C.U. I didn't necessarily see any malice in his comments, after listening to the vid I'm convinced there isn't.

EDIT: Probably "satisfied" better reflects my feelings than "convinced".

edit on 24-4-2014 by imwilliam because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: AreUKiddingMe

link to video

Don't drink the kool-aid, young people. Watch Cliven's words from his own mouth. Talk like this has no place in today's society. Period. Cliven sabotaged his own effort and with it killed the hopes and dreams of some anti-government people who will have to find someone else's cause to rally around. I used to support Bundy until talk like this. Despicable. No forgiveness for age here. The Civil War happened long before he was born. Now he want's to lump all black people into "cotton pickers" on "subsidy" "sitting on the porch". If it was a joke, well, maybe you could excuse talk like that.

Quote by Harry Reid on the election of Obama!

Senate Democratic leader Harry Reid apologized on Saturday for saying the race of Barack Obama – whom he described as a "light skinned" African-American "with no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one" – would help rather than hurt his eventual presidential bid.

Huffington Post

Did you ever think to consider that those of the older generation grew up in a different world than we did?

Or is screaming "RACIST" the in thing when it comes to being "TRENDY"?

Your lack of knowledge shows......

Many of the REAL Black Leaders have been saying the same thing! I guess it is only racist when said by a white man?

edit on 24-4-2014 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere

Regardless of his personal beliefs and opinions, it is absolutely inexcusable for the government to send an army of 200 to 300 men to "collect fees" and impound cattle.

That's funny, because if I'm not mistaken, George Washington personally led a militia of some 13,000 to quell the Whiskey Rebellion in 1794 which was a tax protest led by farmers who didn't want to pay the tax on whiskey they were producing with leftover grains.

I guess our "founding father" just knew how to do it better. Oh yeah, did I mention that he was white?

Go figure.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flatfish

That's funny, because if I'm not mistaken, George Washington personally led a militia of some 13,000 to quell the Whiskey Rebellion in 1794 which was a tax protest led by farmers who didn't want to pay the tax on whiskey they were producing with leftover grains.

I guess our "founding father" just knew how to do it better. Oh yeah, did I mention that he was white?

Go figure.

We either learn from history OR KEEP REPEATING IT!!!!

YOUR CHOICE?

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Sorry for delay, took awhile to find it:

You can see full video here:
PeteSantilli

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
What's amazing is the response to his comments. He talks about Mexicans about as much as African-Americans in his comments. Response from MSM? Nada... Response from the ATS ACLU? Zip... They all must be racist against Hispanics, obviously.

Why all the hyperventilation? It sounds like some old guy rambling on, trying to make a point you may or may not agree with, and probably has a few old school racist leanings. Can't say I support his views demonstrated on the video but nobody is saying I have to.

I am not going to get distracted from a half dozen more important issues here that affect all Americans. This guy's views do not matter. What he represents, despite himself, does.

I read today someone hoping the Feds "get him" because of this. Really? What happens tomorrow when you are vilified as less than a perfect human being? Is it your turn to get it then? Or would you like all the facts laid out, all the hype set aside, and justice served come what may?

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Go figure.

YOUR CHOICE?

Had it been my choice, I would have surrounded the federal land in question with national guard troops to insure that crazy assed "patriots" didn't interfere while federal agents rounded up all of Bundy's cattle, to be sold to the highest bidder at the earliest opportunity. Once that was done, I'd issue a lien against his ranch for any unpaid balance.

That would have been my choice.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Think again "buddy", he is guarding my messiah...

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Go figure.

YOUR CHOICE?

Had it been my choice, I would have surrounded the federal land in question with national guard troops to insure that crazy assed "patriots" didn't interfere while federal agents rounded up all of Bundy's cattle, to be sold to the highest bidder at the earliest opportunity. Once that was done, I'd issue a lien against his ranch for any unpaid balance.

That would have been my choice.

Would you have made them wear "BROWN SHIRTS"

Sorry, Look it up if you don't know what I am talking about! Anyhow, I'll bet you look AWESOME in BROWN!

OH! Wait a minute..............I forgot! Your cool with OTHER people killing your enemies! My bad. I am used to talking to people whom defend themselves........
edit on 24-4-2014 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
My new avatar...yes he is African american militia member...shocked, not me

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Holy cow nice non partisan thread there buddy, your messiah is getting taken down a few notches, the left is only using the mud you guys started throwing in the first place.

The left is as bad, you guys create false heroes then get all heart broken when those heroes might be just normal people, that might have done or said something that can be considered offensive.

But thats no fun, keep up the blame game, i personnaly love it.

Love this?

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: AreUKiddingMe

link to video

Quote by Harry Reid on the election of Obama!

Senate Democratic leader Harry Reid apologized on Saturday for saying the race of Barack Obama – whom he described as a "light skinned" African-American "with no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one" – would help rather than hurt his eventual presidential bid.

Huffington Post

Did you ever think to consider that those of the older generation grew up in a different world than we did?

Or is screaming "RACIST" the in thing when it comes to being "TRENDY"?

Your lack of knowledge shows......

Many of the REAL Black Leaders have been saying the same thing! I guess it is only racist when said by a white man?

By "older generation" what do you mean? I'm not exactly young myself.
Could you point out these "real black leaders who are saying the same thing"?
Here we go....I don't agree with you therefore I have a lack of knowledge. Yawn
Bundy made this a national issue, he is a national figure now, so millions of people are going to hear whatever he says. I don't like Dirty Harry, or any of the corrupt politicians. I stand for freedom, for all, not just white people. Jeez do we have to go all the way back to the Civil War?
Trendy? I could give a hoot about it. It's definitely going against the grain right here to say what I believe but let the chips fall. If there's one thing you can't call me it is "Trendy".

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

True, True, True, Totally different generation.
Like you said, look at H. Reid's comments about Obama running for President.

Harry Reid, the Democrat Senate Majority Leader and the national government's highest-ranking Mormon, has admitted now remarking apparently with some amazement on the nation's highest-ranking black Democrat as being notably "light-skinned" and having "no Negro dialect unless he wanted to have one."

H. Reid

You know what they Really Wished For!!

And what about Slick Willie's comment's on 2008? Yes, that would be Bill Clinton.

Now wouldn't some of you consider this a bit racist.

Only days before he will nominate Barack Obama for re-election, a new report claims that in 2008, former President Bill Clinton said of him: “A few years ago, this guy would have been carrying our bags.”
Clinton allegedly made the racially insensitive remark to Sen. Ted Kennedy as he tried to convince the liberal lion to endorse his wife, Hillary, Obama’s rival for the Democratic nomination, according to The New Yorker.

Bill made Race Remarks
So basically, The Media, Forgave these Two, so how about this other Old guy?
I don't think so,,, their Hero H. reid needs all the support they can give him So it's Off the the Racist Alarm Box!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join