It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The gun rights thing is out of control!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: macman
a reply to: MOMof3

And you have the right to go or not go. Your choice.

what if I had my kid playing there, and you came walking around with a gun, and I told you to get the "F" away from my children with that gun, would you shoot me?...I don't know who you are, what mental condition you're in, what beef you have with someone, from 50 yards away, I don't know if you're on drugs, drunk, pissed off, and from 50 yards away, I have no way of protecting my child or myself.....and your answer is we have a choice to be at that park?

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockoperawriter
a reply to: jimmyx

what if he was just passing through? was the gun loaded or pointed at anybody?

right, and everyone that sees that, is suppose to instantly evaluate if they are in a life or death situation? whether they should run like hell or sit there waiting for something to happen?....is that how you want your wife and kids to RELAX and PLAY in a park?

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   

would she have though? would he shoot her or simply stomp her left toe while the right one is stepping forward? that would be the best way to knock someone down without looking like you were doing much

so....the decision is up to the guy with the gun to either stomp her foot or shoot her?....here's a clue, how about don't carry a gun into a park with kids around, then that whole scenario wouldn't happen in the first place. or is that an unreasonable solution.
edit on 9-5-2014 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
A man walking with a gun in his pocket or tucked into his belt as the article claims is a far cry from a person "flashing a gun" as you claim I'm the OP. The man has a ccw. It is legal for him to walk in a park with a firearm.

What I find most alarming is how people see a non aggressive person with a firearm and yet they still panic.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrWendal
A man walking with a gun in his pocket or tucked into his belt as the article claims is a far cry from a person "flashing a gun" as you claim I'm the OP. The man has a ccw. It is legal for him to walk in a park with a firearm.

What I find most alarming is how people see a non aggressive person with a firearm and yet they still panic.

the whole problem is...no one knows if he is non-aggressive, who determines that? and how?...and how long would it take? seconds? minutes?....do they carry a sign that says.....i'm a good guy, mentally stable, not angry, not drunk, not on drugs, not out to shoot my wife or anyone else at this park.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   

lol, this irrational fear of an inanimate object is absolutely hilarious....

how do you tell if you're in a life and death situation? it's pretty simple really.....

if the weapon is holstered, or tucked into the waistband, or otherwise secured, and not in the owner's hand, then you're fine..

if the weapon is drawn, and being fired, there's a problem.

i addressed this kind of silly useless fear earlier in the thread....i still don't understand why people think in broken ways..

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Is this what the U.S. has been reduced to...kids trying to play baseball and soccer cowering for their safety so some freaking asshat can claim his second amendment rights.

What was he doing that was unsafe around the children? What was he doing that was illegal? Just the mere presence of a guy with a pistol sends everyone into panic mode? really?

Bringing a gun around them? Wow......just wow..... The media and TV has this American culture so pussified its unbelievable. I could not agree more with your thread titale OP. Just not the way that you mean it.

Anytime someone comes along with the whole "guns are bad" threads I can't help but notice most of the time, the OP has never even seen, handled or shot any kind of firearms before. But they are absolutely adamant that guns are the problem and not the society that wields them.

I live in LA, kids are born practically straight from the womb with a rifle around here. You can open carry even, you don't need a conceal carry permit as long as your firearm is in plain sight. I'm sure that scares the hell out of you. Everyone around here hunts, shoots guns, owns guns.....ESPECIALLY most of the kids. You would think that since there are guns everywhere here, there would be rampant shootings, but there is'nt.

In fact, LA actually PROTECTS a landowners right to defend any of his property if anyone is caught stealing or tresspassing on any of your land. If its 2am and you are pilfering around in my barn or my garage or if you are trespassing at all on my property I can legally shoot and kill you without a word said. I'm sure that scares the hell out of you too, but I tell you what, I never have had to worry about trespassers where I live and I've never had anything stolen and neither have any of my neighbors. My god this country is ridiculous with the gun paranoia.

edit on 10-5-2014 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   

no if they were really afraid, they could have just walked up to him, a single tactical column heading from north to south sun in his eyes, on higher ground another tactical column coming to his right flank seeing him being right handed he would have to turn to face them while being approached by whoever had guns in their trucks. he has like a 30 round clip. get a guy with a thompson it has 50 rounds that have stopping power over accuracy. if say about eight people said "there has been shootings in public places, gtfo. he would've. i have met hells angels who were better about keeping chit slung and holstered. you would need four guys to supress front flank, two to the left flank and two to the rear. have two on the left and rear flank carry thompsons four in front carrying something good for supressive fire yet accurate enough for good enough trigger discipline. i'd say mini 14's with the30 round clips. the guy sees just one thompson, he can be diplomatic, the guy sees eight guys and four have blocked his retreat, he'll have no choice but to listen especially if there's a guy with a BAR in the mix. how do we stop gun violence? do what our grandparents did to charles whitman
edit on 10-5-2014 by rockoperawriter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   

stomping and impeding balance to fall are two different things

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus

lol, this irrational fear of an inanimate object is absolutely hilarious....

how do you tell if you're in a life and death situation? it's pretty simple really.....

if the weapon is holstered, or tucked into the waistband, or otherwise secured, and not in the owner's hand, then you're fine..

if the weapon is drawn, and being fired, there's a problem.

i addressed this kind of silly useless fear earlier in the thread....i still don't understand why people think in broken ways..

so you are saying that if a crazy walks into a mall with a holstered gun that's fine...uhhmm...how long does it take to draw the weapon out??...a couple of seconds, if that....so, a mother and her children seeing a guy carrying a holstered gun has a couple of seconds to determine if that gun is going to be pulled out and fired....and you say that is an IRRATIONAL FEAR?...what if in that same mall you have ten people walking around with holstered guns....that mother with her kids has to determine within a couple of seconds if each one of those guys are going to pull the gun out and start shooting....don't you see the point?

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
A grown man feels the need to carry a gun and a knife to a park full of women and kids, and the women and kids are the pussies?

Americans....

edit on 10-5-2014 by liverlad because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: amfirst1
Im sure the guy wasn't waving the gun around. Man people are so chicken these days. Even wearing a t-shirt with a gun can scare some people.

Are they as much a chicken as a man who thinks he has to wear a gun to a public park? Were evil Ninjas or the damn Commies taking over the park?

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

then it would have been her duty to have her own pistol. there should have been a lot more people with guns
edit on 10-5-2014 by rockoperawriter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

you make the assumption that the person with the gun is crazy.

that is the ONLY way your statement works.

it must be hard, being afraid all the time..

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

are ninjas and commies relevant? if the people said "yeah there's more people than you here with a gun. quit showboating and go home" me i would have had a holstered pistol instead of wearing it in my pants though. that and i would have dressed differently, i would have acted differently.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

why does it matter if it's a public park? are public parks magical places where nothing bad can ever happen?

none of what you're saying makes any kind of sense.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus

you make the assumption that the person with the gun is crazy.

that is the ONLY way your statement works.

it must be hard, being afraid all the time..

yes, that IS the assumption that I would make, because I live in a place where going to a park doesn't involve encountering guys with guns...seems like when LEO's or military troops encounter strangers with guns, they must be afraid all the time too....is that what your saying?....and as for me?....hell yes, I don't know what the intentions of the person are, or his state of mind. I could have seconds to make that evaluation, and if I wasn't 100% correct, I could end up dead.
edit on 10-5-2014 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

then it would have been her duty to have her own pistol. there should have been a lot more people with guns

this isn't Somalia, or the congo....citizens don't encounter people with guns that are in parks where children are playing.....maybe that's where you want to live, but not me.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

well think of this... you could turn a corner and get killed by a guy wielding a frozen orange inside of a tubesock. one smack at the top of the head and you have two minutes to get to a hospital. hopefully an ambulance is around the corner and the robber didn't find the 20 bucks in your sock. maybe you should move somewhere where you can own a gun and carry it wherever. see if it fits. you don't like it then head back to wherever. and yes LEO's and military are scared when they see strangers with guns they just don't show it. friendlies with guns they are less scared

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

you could end up dead from a million other things that you have no hope of detecting, assessing, reacting to, or defending against....

why not just live, instead of living in fear?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join