It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The gun rights thing is out of control!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Sergeant Stiletto

Seriously? Loitering in a public park?

That the most asinine thing I have ever read. Obama would love you.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   
The media fear machine is working.

Fear drives us as citizens.

It is being used as a tool to make us suck up to the man.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
But did this man do anything wrong?
Most people I know carry everywhere. Why would parents be afraid? Their kids may be a little safer because of this man. Or maybe he is a nut? IDK this man and neither do you.

Guns rights are not out of control. The second amendment is very clear. The only people creating all the BS about it is the government and their leftist thinking because they're afraid because people are talking about arresting them, people are refusing their BS. They have lost power and they're trying desperately to cling on to it. It will not work, though.
edit on 25-4-2014 by Fylgje because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
The best part is that if it was concealed there'd be none of this absurd "outrage."

When out of sight out of mind makes all the difference to you you are officially a moron essentially admitting that ignorance is bliss and the last thing you want is to be robbed of that ignorance.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Oh, hon please?

because people who openly carry are -always- wimps who need to compensate for their lack of self defense ability..that changed also...as he is the true one who is the puss here overall. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please tell me you are not serious here? That is the most asinine thing I've read here in a while, and that is really saying something.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sergeant Stiletto
a reply to: Bassago

You do make some good points.

However, I would counter that it's all just rhetoric until you are a parent of a kid playing ball at this park - post Columbine, Post Sandy Hook, post every other mass shooting in the whacky world of SSRIs, active shooter role playing video games and paranoid Tea Party drum-beating about Constitutional rights.

I guess my argument against your counter would be that I'm one of the parents with a CCDW permit with a gun on my hip who would also be at the park with my kids, so I don't see your point.

Oh, you're assuming that other parents there weren't carrying, also. See, that's where you're probably wrong.

But I agree that open carry, while legal where I live, isn't necessarily worth the ignorant reactions from people who are just plain dumb to the laws and how responsible gun owners act when there is a gun on their hip (e.g.: Exactly like everyone else). That's why I have my CCDW, but I'm not opposed to open carrying, either. I saw someone doing it in the grocery store a while back, and everyone lived, no one flipped out, and life went on.

I absolutely despise this guy if he was doing this just to make a point--that's not what open-carry laws are for--but at the same time, I despise the reaction of the ignorant public exponentially more.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: thisguyrighthere
The best part is that if it was concealed there'd be none of this absurd "outrage."

When out of sight out of mind makes all the difference to you you are officially a moron essentially admitting that ignorance is bliss and the last thing you want is to be robbed of that ignorance.

Here here!

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
For you die hard gun clutchers who missed it in the second link:

www.wsbtv.com...

"He's just walking around [saying] 'See my gun? Look, I got a gun and there's nothing you can do about it.'

I don't think the parents would have been nervous had he just had the gun in his holster and was just watching the game," said parent Paris Horton.

The director of Georgia Carry, a gun rights and lobbying organization, also questioned what the man was trying to do.

"There's a right and a wrong way to exercise your right. This is not the right way," said Georgia Carry Executive Director Jerry Henry.

He was simply trolling.
edit on 4/25/2014 by Sergeant Stiletto because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpaDe_

Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should

www.cbs46.com...

That it is what the U.S. has been reduced to...kids trying to play baseball and soccer cowering for their safety so some freaking asshat can claim his second amendment rights.

Is common sense dead in the U.S.A.?

The irony is that Forsyth County has got to be one of the most conservative, gun-toting places in the U.S., outside of Texas. Half or more of these parent's are likely gun owner's and carriers.

I don't know what the answer is - how we balance 2nd amendment rights versus public safety, but, just dang - this is some crap right here!!!

It's a crazy, messed up world.

The guy was legal and had a license to carry, so whats the problem? I get that people might not like the fact that he was strolling the park, but he was doing nothing wrong. The problem with the US is that people have become so damn pussified by the media and PC crap that when they see someone with a gun they freak out.

Lets all run and cower in fear because someone went through all the paperwork and obtained a license to legally carrying a gun. OH THE HUMANITY! I would be more worried about he cop that was called than the guy they called him about. Could have turned into the local pet cemetery if they had all still been there with the family dog!

Agree here. I am sure the guy was "flashing" his gun and knife. It was probably more like they were "visible", which isn't illegal. I'm sure the knife was in a sheath on his belt. The anti-gun media would like you to think the guy was lurking around the park tossing a big shiny blade between his hands with an evil grin, just waiting for some kids to come along.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Sergeant Stiletto

If that's what he was doing he needs to be smacked.

Completely remove the gun and he's still a douche.

See my sneakers? Cant do anything about them.

It's like he's a jerk brother pointing a finger into his sisters face and shouting "I'm not touching you!"

Now I'm wondering if he's working for Moms Demand Action or Bloomberg's new "Everytown" thing.

But was he actually getting in faces and saying that or should the report have read "as if he were saying".

"He's just walking around [saying] 'See my gun? Look, I got a gun and there's nothing you can do about it.' He knew he was frightening people. He knew exactly what he was doing," said parent Karen Rabb.

Why is saying in brackets?

According to this article he did nothing of the sort:

The man was seen walking through Fowler Park a couple of nights this week with his pistol clearly visible in his waist band.

Link with video of the offender walking
edit on 25-4-2014 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
One guy in a park being a d*ck (while not breaking any laws) is not the "gun rights thing getting out of control".

If you'd like to contrast that with a counterpoint, Chicago is the "anti-gun thing out of control".

BIG difference.

edit on 25-4-2014 by ScientiaFortisDefendit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: thisguyrighthere
But was he actually getting in faces and saying that or should the report have read "as if he were saying".

"He's just walking around [saying] 'See my gun? Look, I got a gun and there's nothing you can do about it.' He knew he was frightening people. He knew exactly what he was doing," said parent Karen Rabb.

Why is saying in brackets?

According to this article he did nothing of the sort:

The man was seen walking through Fowler Park a couple of nights this week with his pistol clearly visible in his waist band.

Link with video of the offender walking

And according to other reports and the video you posted - he was doing just that. Flaunting and brandishing his gun, telling people about the gun.

Anyways, thanks for the additional link.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientiaFortisDefendit

Good point about Chicago.

But one guy scaring kids and families because he feels emboldened by a ground swell of over-zealous, paranoid gun enthusiasts beating the drum about their rights and fear of gun laws is an issue. It's an indicator of an impasse and a tendency toward extremist measures.

The fact is, we all have rights - not just this jackass and gun owners in general - but ALL citizens.

A common sense middle ground is the way forward. Any gun rights advocate who supports this idiot is doing more harm than good for their cause.
edit on 4/25/2014 by Sergeant Stiletto because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: greavsie1971
well maybe a criminal with a gun? it's pretty sad when it becomes cowardly to simply defend yourself or even appear like you want to defend yourself, a right given by nature as a tool to ensure survival.
a gun may be man made but what enabled us to create weapons is our intelligence and our hands, which in itself came about to ensure our survival by making tools.
so tell me whose more cowardly, the one following their intelligence or the one who is led by paranoia and fear of anything dangerous to the point that they refuse to even think about self defense?

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
in my state there would be dozens of people saying "mine's bigger than yours"

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Hilarious..when gun owners have the nerve to call others cowards..

If I am not mistaken it is gun owners who are pussified..I mean always living in fear that the boogeyman is around every corner out to get them.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

no not a boogeyman. criminal elements within our own government. please give into logic. speaking dwn to gun owners is nowhere near diplomatic. it makes people who don't like guns look apathetic and rude and gun owners reply with nothing more than what you put out. furthermore comparing geopolitical situations that effect us on a scale larger than previous incidents to mythos is a grave misunderstanding on your part, and i wish you to gain perspective. do not berate people on account of your perspective, for it is hardly diplomatic. any personal attack at me will never be taken serious on account of your poor attempt to label gun owners as a single entity. it is not even a logical course of action for i can say that even if you can hide behind the police you cannot hide from them. we were warned about the military industrial complex by one of our presidents and have taken it into consideration whereas you have not and should this have happened anywhere near fema region x the gun owner would have been intimidated against brandishing a pistol because he would see shotguns m-14's m-4's sks's ak-47's and many long range high powered rifles in the gunracks of trucks and cars. if you are wondering why it is because it is a deterrent of all enemies foriegn and domestic and gun control means trigger discipline, and hitting your target. i also know how to use a bow, katana, flail, nunchaku and the weather as weapons with proficiency. my tastes in weapons spans beyond guns but never will i let proficiencies supercede the other for they are advantageous in all their aspects. this is a discipline that should be studied should anybody need to learn safe travel in this dangerous planet and i feel deep heartfelt sorrow for those who cannot own guns on account of their political system which should be overthrown by the grace of odin, isis, ojin tenno, zeus and thor
edit on 25-4-2014 by rockoperawriter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
a reply to: SaturnFX

Oh, hon please?

because people who openly carry are -always- wimps who need to compensate for their lack of self defense ability..that changed also...as he is the true one who is the puss here overall. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please tell me you are not serious here? That is the most asinine thing I've read here in a while, and that is really saying something.

I see a gun as a fishing rod. you go fishing, you bring a rod. You don't however go out to parks, showing off your rod to anyone talking about how awesome a fisherman you are, etc.

Guy is overcompensating for some insecurity he has, and either its lack of fight, or lack of something else...read the article, he was there specifically to provoke..why don't you tell me your theory about this specific incident

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996

" An estimated 3.7 million household burglaries occurred each
year on average from 2003 to 2007. In about 28% of these
burglaries, a household member was present during the burglary.
In 7% of all household burglaries, a household member
experienced some form of violent victimization (figure 1).

Highlights

*An estimated 3.7 million burglaries occurred each year on
average from 2003 to 2007.

*A household member was present in roughly 1 million burglaries
and became victims of violent crimes in 266,560 burglaries.

*Simple assault (15%) was the most common form of violence when
a resident was home and violence occurred. Robbery (7%) and
rape (3%) were less likely to occur when a household member was
present and violence occurred.

*Offenders were known to their victims in 65% of violent
burglaries; offenders were strangers in 28%.

*Overall, 61% of offenders were unarmed when violence occurred
during a burglary while a resident was present. About 12% of
all households violently burglarized while someone was home
faced an offender armed with a firearm

Hilarious..when gun owners have the nerve to call others cowards..

If I am not mistaken it is gun owners who are pussified..I mean always living in fear that the boogeyman is around every corner out to get them.

www.bjs.gov...

The numbers speak for themselves.

This is just burglaries.

The cowards are the one's commiting the crimes.

Just remember to call 911, if you are not put on hold, the police will be there to save you in about 5 to 15 minutes. Good luck with that.

edit on 25-4-2014 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should.

www.cbs46.com...

FORSYTH COUNTY, GA (CBS46) -

Parents whose children play at a popular park in Forsyth County are worried about a man they've seen carrying a gun.

The sheriff's office investigated after dozens of parents called 911 about the armed man at Fowler Park off Carolene Way.

They said the man was at the park with gun and a knife on Monday and Tuesday. By Wednesday, the normally very busy park was empty, no kids anywhere.

More details at the link...

This is what everyone is talking about where I live...

Apparently the guy had no reason to be at the park, no kids, etc - just walking around flashing his gun and knife because he could. He had a permit so the sheriff's office could do nothing - but was not happy and are stepping up patrols in the area.

Another local station interviewed parents whose kids were playing baseball at the time...the parents, out of an abundance of caution, huddled the kids in a shielded area until the guy was gone.

Is this what the U.S. has been reduced to...kids trying to play baseball and soccer cowering for their safety so some freaking asshat can claim his second amendment rights.

Is common sense dead in the U.S.A.?

The irony is that Forsyth County has got to be one of the most conservative, gun-toting places in the U.S., outside of Texas. Half or more of these parents are likely gun owners and likely carriers.

I don't know what the answer is - how we balance 2nd amendment rights versus public safety, but, just dang - this is some crap right here!!!

It's a crazy, messed up world.

He wasn't "brandishing" he was legally carrying. Would you get upset about someone speaking freely in public?

The question is not about exercising their rights, the question should be, have we devolved into a bunch of idiots who freak out at the very sight of an inanimate object on someone that is doing no harm?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join