It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Swede arrested for firing cell phones into prison yard with bow and arrows

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 11:43 PM
link   
A Swedish man has been charged with helping plan a prison escape by using a bow and arrow to fire several cell phones and chargers into a maximum security prison. The prison located outside of Stockholm is maximum security and has a four meter wall. While he was not observed actually firing the arrows, police dogs tracked the scent back to the car where the bow was found.

story.news.yahoo.com[/ url]
STOCKHOLM, Sweden (AP) - Authorities in Sweden arrested a man who shot mobile phones into the yard of a high-security prison with a bow and arrows, police said Saturday.

The 25-year-old man is charged with planning to aid a prison escape and could face a year in jail, police said.

The suspect, whose name was not released, taped two cell phones and a battery charger to three arrows and fired them over the four-metre wall into Mariefred prison outside Stockholm on Friday night, police spokeswoman Susanne Abrahamsson said.

The man was not spotted by guards when he fired the arrows but was arrested after police found his car parked about 200 metres from the prison walls, with a bow hidden underneath it, she said. After the man returned to his car, police dogs traced his scent back to the prison wall and guards were able to find the arrows in the prison yard, where convicts go for exercise.

It was unclear which prisoners were supposed to receive the phones, Abrahamsson said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This is one of the move novel ways I have seen to get stuff to a prisoner. Its usually relegated to body cavities and the like. Its funny that the guards did not see the man firing the arrows into the prison yard, but like most prisons the guards mostly look in and not out.

[edit on 11/27/04 by FredT]

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Sory but I know helping prisoners to escape in a serious matter, but I could not help but chuckle at this. Thanks Fred, something amusing first thing in the morning is always a bonus.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kriz_4
Sory but I know helping prisoners to escape in a serious matter, but I could not help but chuckle at this. Thanks Fred, something amusing first thing in the morning is always a bonus.

Yeah it takes all kinds. There is alot of questions with this.

1) How was he sure the intended target would get the phones?
2) What if he hit someone by mistake?
3) How did he think the guards would miss cell phones on arrows landing in the yard?

We have a Darwin award winner for sure.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Hey Fred, the cops just arrested this person.

His name is William Tell-Efone.

Sanc'.

new topics

top topics

join