It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Warming Earth leads to dangerous droughts and disease

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
To all of you climate change naysayers out there there's an article on space.com about the REALITY of climate change and what will happen as temperatures rise.

Check it out, ATS.

www.space.com...
edit on 24-4-2014 by lostbook because: typo

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Since there are no records as to what happens IF the temperature rises, this article is speculative at best.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
That small picture slide video didn't say anything of what will happen. It is just a summery of some climate related things that happend last year. And of course mainly focused on that little piece of earth they call America.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
the climate has been changing for billions of years
your so called naysayers have the point of view that man has not changed it only added slightly to what happens naturally
the facts of history prove this over and over. i believe history not millionair scientists that are payed out my taxes to skew data to get more of my taxes. but yes we should not pollute at all i feel more sorry for the fish at the moment.

the point on this story for me is we should have controlled the population of the poor in the already dry barren lands instead of spending our taxes over the last 50 years feeding them and making the eventual suffering worse to a much larger population dependant on our bloody taxes.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Here you go .If you want to have a good laugh and possibly learn a little I suggest reading through this piece ...“The majordomo of this deniers’ hub [Watts Up With That] is the notorious Viscount Christopher Monckton of Brenchley, who – within hours [fast on his feet, that Viscount is: strong in him the Force must be] – had declared to the faithful that the paper was no less than a ‘mephitically ectoplasmic emanation from the Forces of Darkness’ and that ‘it is time to be angry at the gruesome failure of peer review’.” The Professor describes this as “venom”. No, sir, it is eloquence in the service of truth. Perhaps he would prefer a scatological rather than an eschatological metaphor. Happy to oblige. The scientific merit of his paper is aptly described by the third, eighteenth, first, and sixteenth letters of the alphabet, taken sequentially. Or, if he prefers it up him palindromically, the sixteenth, fifteenth, fifteenth, and sixteenth.

Let me put on my major-domo’s tails, white starched wing-collar, maniple, and white gloves, polish up the nearest silver salver, and, Jeeves-like, shimmer in to address some the fashionable pseudo-physics in Professor Lovejoy’s latest Technicolor yawn.

After deploying the hate-screech word “deniers”, he wheels out Svante Arrhenius, who, “toiling for a year, predicted that doubling CO2 levels would increase global temperatures by 5-6 Cº, which turns out to be close to modern estimates”.

The Professor is perhaps unaware (for he does not seem to be aware of all that much in the realm of physics) that Arrhenius is known to have made errors in his line-by-line calculation of the warming effect of CO2 (actually performed at intervals over the long Arctic winter, not over a whole year). He had, for instance, relied on defective lunar spectral data.

Continue reading wattsupwiththat.com...-108010

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=17840761]Shake77[/post
i believe history not millionair scientists that are payed out my taxes to skew data to get more of my taxes

This made my eye twitch a little.

Yes, I am the same, which is why I eat bacon stuffed sausages 5 times a day, because mankind has been dying for thousands upon thousands of years..how can what we eat suddenly change that to die faster than normal. pfft. I am not going to believe some fatcat millionaire doctor or eliteist fitness expert just to get more of muh munniez...science. since when have we ever used anything at all that came from a "scientist".

So I hear ya bro. Environmental destabilization caused by heavy pollution that could cost us trillions down the road if left unchecked..pfft...totally just wanting our tax dollars to buy golden beakers and all sorts.
Granted, our taxes may not actually do much for anyone not living in whatever country your speaking from, and with the analysis from independent scientists concluding the same as any other mainstream scientist globally with almost no margain for error...well, clearly they are somehow just wanting my tax dollars also...
Nope. best people to believe here are corporations who have the most to lose should we have to enforce pollution standards and/or lose money should we invest in green tech. Because they could never possibly be wrong nor have anything to gain. They get their alternative understanding straight from God...stupid science...beat that source!

Welcome to ATS, Deny Igloos I think is the motto here.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Yeah, but there are a lot of people who won't freeze to death, too. Besides, you''l be able to grow wine grapes in Scotland, repopulate Greenland with farms and cows like it was last time the earth warmed up, and have Canada be the breadbasket for the world.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

I heard Caligula sweat a lot.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Bilk22

not sure if i quite understand that mate but looks like we are in a normal cycle?

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shake77
a reply to: Bilk22

not sure if i quite understand that mate but looks like we are in a normal cycle?
LOL which part? Caligula sweating or the chart? Roman Warming period was magnitudes higher than we are currently. Guess he did sweat a lot
Not sure there's anything "normal" about weather. It just is.
edit on 05722Thursdayk22 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Yeah yeah, like I believe them at all.

Several times here in the sunny and warm arizona of Canada, mild smilkameen/okanagan, we had this icy cold fog, unnatural, just recently too, and the temps dropped. However, not that much, ie it was 6 above C, ABOVE FREEZING, no ice then, eh???? Snowing with this SILVER NITRATE FOG, Im not fooled by these asshats not at all.

And you know what, I think that the government cuts deals with Fortis electric who stole our BC HYDRO. Tax dollars, for the people, sunk money into our programs, massive success, thats what cooperative stuff means. And the government, sold it to the Americans, like stealing your paid off house, selling it foreigners, and they charge 2000 a month rent. So our electric doubled/tripled, and is now 400 a month with heat.

Now, Fortis wants to put a big over 600 foot dam in the Smilkameen river, in crumpling land slide mountains, we get them all the time, with threats of slides, mountains being monitored.

Suddenly icy cold fogs, snow at 6 above, what???/ trying to destroy the local organic farms and chase people out for their project????

When they say global warming, its all a scam, and though there may be some warming, it would be terrific for Canada to get a little warmer!

What they really mean, is a scam to do whatever they wish, to hand technology that should never be in the hands of corporations and pathetic slimy low life slavers, over to those people to use as they wish, to bully as they wish.

And the silver nitrate they use, in cloud seeding causes tornados. Just like all those recent ones last 2 years in the US.

I am really choked and this lying crapola and their schemes against humanity, has to end NOW!

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Any money we get will be soil testing and also, taking those guys and their illegal energy company transfers, which is treason, to court. I think that personally all the signatures on all their deals, both sides of the border, government to fortis, all owe each of us the enormous increases for the past several years, times all the people of the province. OMG,k they'll each have their billion dollar deficits to worry about. LAW should be the number one career, even advocacy, ie lay lawyers, needed. Anyone need a career, take that, write books for money and work PRO BONO for the world and people and for real justice. Thats what we need and yesterday, we needed that yesterday!!! Tomorrow may be too late.

Their global warm is all just a giant ponzy scheme and an excuse to hand technology over to corporations to bully and abuse and STEAL FROM PEOPLE. THIS IS ALL THEFT BEYOND BELIEF. I want them to pay it back, to everyone.
edit on 24-4-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   
really? as i recall about 800 to 3000 years ago it was much warmer and there was lots of healthy farmland across northern africa not to mention egypt, the levant and parts of arabia was lush and green, much more plant and animal life lived further north and more of human civilization was prospering than today. i think this assertion is complete bs that can be proven if you simply look at north africa today vs north africa in 200 bc, warmth will help feed more of us not less.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

I think you should try this warming Earth on the east coast or in Canada where they have 24 inches of snow more like freezing planet for some people

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook
To all of you climate change naysayers out there there's an article on space.com about the REALITY of climate change and what will happen as temperatures rise.

Check it out, ATS.

www.space.com...

Nothing to see here folks. Move along......nothing but disinfo here.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   
From what I have read from the climate sites I visit, in Roman times there were hardly any glaciers in Norway, so it must have been 'warm'.
Here's a mystery, no world temperature change for the last 16 years, yet Antarctic sea ice is at its highest 'since records began' ?

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Just remembered, climate depot says that great lakes ice is %1,000 above normal, so, with great lakes ice, and Antarctic ice, sea levels must be going down? In winter anyway.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: pikestaff
Just remembered, climate depot says that great lakes ice is %1,000 above normal, so, with great lakes ice, and Antarctic ice, sea levels must be going down? In winter anyway.

Oh,that's because of global warmi.. I mean climate change. In order to stop climate change you must pay a tax for the carbon you use. That tax money will go to various 501(c)(3) entities whose liberal overseers work really really hard for the earth so they must make $150,000 per year, plus benefits and massive travel and expense accounts. For the good of the earth, you see.

If you don't think climate change is real and man-made, you are a racist.

edit on 25-4-2014 by ScientiaFortisDefendit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Dumbass

That small picture slide video didn't say anything of what will happen. It is just a summery of some climate related things that happend last year.

I think the point is that climate change is already having an effect.

....Ignore it at your own peril?

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

Earth Day Predictions from the 1970s (these were also to be ignored at your own peril)

ricochet.com...

In the 1970s - the big scam of the day was that we were heading for a big ice age.

Tired of Control Freaks

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join