It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Benghazi attack could have been prevented if US hadn't 'switched sides in the War. Reveals damning

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
What happened with the SF teams that wanted to intervene?
It is my understanding that two SF teams wanted to get in and stop the massacre but were ordered to stand down?

Can someone in the loop comment on this without breaking any oaths or secrecy agreements? What units are we talking about if they were indeed tier one speccy ops?
Seal Team Six/DEVGRU? SFOD-D Delta-Force/ACE? CIA Special Activities Division (S.A.D)?
Who ordered them to stand down?
What is/are the sources? Has there been a response from the SF community?
What happened to the operators themselves? Did they *anonymously* voice their opinion?
What about the AC-130 that could have been deployed? It's crew?

I see no reason why they should follow an ILLEGAL order to stand down at a time those people were being slaughtered at the embassy.

Thanks in advance

Edit: Fixed spelling

IT--
edit on 25-4-2014 by edog11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Oh! A 'citizens committee' on Benghazi? Hmm...what's a congressional committee then? Just...some non-citizens? I'm glad that a bunch of like-minded folks got together and figured all this out for me.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: edog11
What happened with the SF teams that wanted to intervene?
It is my understanding that two SF teams wanted to get in and stop the massacre but were ordered to stand down?

Can someone in the loop comment on this without breaking any oaths or secrecy agreements? What units are we talking about if they were indeed tier one speccy ops?
Seal Team Six/DEVGRU? SFOD-D Delta-Force/ACE? CIA Special Activities Division (S.A.D)?

I looked closely into this claim, full time lines and testimony etc.

So, they DID deploy Spec Ops that arrived...had some issue at the airport with their arranged ride not showing up...but commandeered something and did enter the tail end of the fight if memory serves me.

They also had a few (2 or 3) lightly armed Spec Ops...with Side Arms only that were assigned to protecting the OTHER Libyan Embassy personnel that called in and wanted to get on a plane and go join the fight. The plane they wanted to get on would not have arrived until early the next morning...and flight schedules showed the plane they wanted to take landed long after the fight...but more to the point, they wanted to LEAVE the personnel from the OTHER Libyan embassy personnel unguarded at the Airport lobby. They were told to stay where they were and secure the personnel they were protecting. Which makes perfect sense to me in the heat of the moment...It was a dumb, gung-ho moment for those guys wanting to jump in. They wouldn't have arrived in time and they would have left their assigned people unprotected when attacks at other Libyan Embassies were a strong possibility.

Apart form that CIA had Spec Ops at the Annex that joined the fight and they did route other Spec Ops teams that were closer to Benghazi.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

In light of all you stated. Special Ops being ordered to stay and protect other personnel. Thereby making it obvious to us now, they were more than well aware of the true nature of the volatile situation in the region.

We got weeks of this crap. "it was due to an internet video".

Unbelievable...

Des

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone
a reply to: Indigo5

In light of all you stated. Special Ops being ordered to stay and protect other personnel. Thereby making it obvious to us now, they were more than well aware of the true nature of the volatile situation in the region.

We got weeks of this crap. "it was due to an internet video".

Unbelievable...

Des

That is confusing?

They were ordered to stay because it was in the MIDST of an attack on an embassy in Libya...and the other Security team...protecting the OTHER Embassy in LIBYA wanted to jump on a plane with nothing but side-arms and Abandon the OTHER diplomatic personnel in LIBYA...At the same time the attacks were happening...and they couldn't even get there for another 6 hours.

How does that inform the discussion of Internet Video vs. Terrorist Attack?...BTW...it was neither..It was a bidding war for arms buyback.

Whatever the reason for the attack...none of that says anything about CAUSE...Because there were riots going on at another dozen USA Embassies in the middle-east because of the film.

I think you are confused...none of what I stated has anything to do with cause or explanations.

One Libyan Embassy is under attack...button down security at the other Libyan Embassies at the very least and you sure as hell don't let the security team at embassy #2 leave it unguarded...

No offense...but what are you missing?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join