It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti Semitism double standards? Tv vs reality

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I love Judaism, spent time in synagogue. I'm here to question and understand the difference between anti Semitism vs...... none anti semitism.

For example... this

Vs this

Another contrast would be is the backlash against south park during a Mohammed appearance.

www.nytimes.com...

A different episode shows Mohammed in a older episode.
Now i bring this up because you can obvious see an Islamic backlash. Which means plenty of Muslims spoke their mind against the show. Which is good. A voice for a reason. Other than that I'm sure South Park receives plenty of Christian mail as well on their pokes against Jesus on many occasions.

But you DO NOT here anything, or a whisper against Judaism and the programs

ANd then this

I love south park and enjoy some family guy, i guess cartoons don't offend

edit on 24-4-2014 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I think in comedy nothing should be off limits...the fact is...as a human race we are so #ing stupid....sure...we can advance in science and technology but have become worse psychologically and sociologically...which is very dangerous.

In reference to Jews or anyone else im not sure why we get so bent out of shape....however with the holocaust you can see where things lead...when you start with making off color jokes...

Even in politics...in the news almost every day there is an article bad mouthing Russia...recently Bundy was called a racist...that is the dangerous part...when you put down a person or people to further an agenda.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Jordan River

I don't know family guy and american dad can be extremely offensive which is why immature (self incriminating here) people laugh so hard at what they would not want anyone to see them watching.
Anti semitism can stem from a number of different sources and any combination of them as well, in christendom the story of christ often point's an accusatory finder at the jewish crowd's but anti semitism conveniently forgets that the apostles the first christians and saints were all jewish, so they use selective passages instead of interpreting them as they are meant as a symbolic represenation of all that god has called and not only jew's to incriminate and stir up hatred, this religious bent and the varient in the east among islam has been the real source of most persectution.
Then there are the neo anti semite's whom stem from a series of poltical fiction's and right wing hatred of the jewish minority in part because they were the odd man out and like any gang of kid's in a playground the bully picks the odd one out so that he can appear stronger and bigger.
This in mind and and these only being two examples of the source of anti semitism there is also the factor to be looked at which is percieved magnification of corrupt people such as for eg.
There are two corrupt solicitors (Atorney's in america), now one is of the normal demographic in the given society and the other is a jew, they both commit a fraud as religion aside they are both crook's but the Jew's crime play's into the mind of the majority whom note that he is a jew while the other guy's crime simply has them decide he is a criminal, this is the psychological and often subconscious conditioning which has led to the anti semitic view of the jewish solicitor and the automatic distrust if places on his honest jewish colleague while in comparison the non jewish solicitor colleague of the other non jewish corrupt solicitor is not tarred and feathered so much by the actions of his corrupt colleague, in other words the actions of one corrupt person in a minority which is already the subject of the ire of the majority are blown out of proportion and attributed to the other innocent members of the minority community.
I think this is something we have all at time's been guilty of, especially after the terrorist attack's on new york though our ire was directed at the muslim community and in most cases totally wrongly, this was amplified by the fact that extremists are a hidden minority within that minority.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: cosmicexplorer

The line lately has been so blurred. And freedom of speech degrading as well. and the "possible zionist agenda" that may or may not be going on. Frankly, I believe in a shadow government, but I am not going to throw an entire religion under the bus for it. That being said, so much flavors of belief that you can almost mask yourself from the world and play victim cards. Jew, christain or muslim. Its interesting.

What it comes down is that no one takes responablity for anything any more. Stuff is off the cuff and depending on media popularity you can get away with more and more. It depends on the ratings, Stephan Colbert, Jon Stewart, Borat. Yes Comedy is Comedy, but how much can we laugh at life (satire) Laugh at the pain of it all before it all boils over? Sarcasm, i'm sure has a price, because sarcasm, although a joke, can be a cover up of hate
Is sarcasm a negative? or a positive?
sarcasm/satire, interchangeably

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I guess only in Russian propagandist minds 17% of the population harbouring anti Jewish attitudes, equates to the entire U.S hating Jews.

To be perfectly honest, to have an opinion about anything, no matter what or who it offends, is all about free speech in my book. And to make laws against opinions is absolutely crazy and an attack on our freedoms.

No religion should be protected by laws, it's ridiculous.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   

the jews of our time are mostly not semite

and most of the semite of our time in israël are palestinians

so the most anti-semitic people of our time are the zionists

conclusion : the association of semitism and judaism is another lie : outcome and most of all tool of zionist propaganda, not to protect the jews, but them ugly zionazists

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Anti-Semite doesn't have any merit when speaking about the majority of Jews today. Firstly, how many of these Jews are from the tribe of Judah (Where Jews come from) and how many can undeniably trace their roots back to Shem? Yeah I'm thinking just about none of them because they are mainly converts from Eurasian origins.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
"Anti-semitism" has it's origins in the disdain for a specific anthropological character of some Jews. I will explain further once I have the ability to post threads.
edit on 24-4-2014 by Gallowglaich because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Former Israeli Minister Shulamit Aloni
"Anti-semitic", "its a trick we always use it"

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
A person who doesn't like Jews is a bigot.
A person that the Jews don't like is an anti-semite

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
It's all context. The words are just words without the context. Context gives them their power.

Unfortunately most people still don't get this or only get this when it's convenient.

I should be able to the dreaded "n" word all day long without anyone ever assuming hostility, hatred or taking discomfort as long as the context does not support that usage.

I can just as easily make "bottle" "crayon" or "juice" a very vile and hate-filled word targeted at whoever or whatever I want.

This is just another example of many of why people are so irrational.

There is no hate speech there is only hateful speaking. The words mean nothing without the context and emotion behind them.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: DarknStormy

First sorry to the thread author but this need's answering, You have heard about the russian step jewish origin theory, Well it does have merit and if you read the history of that particular empire you will find that though it was later expunged from history it was in it's short time a glorious one and only ended when it's erstwhile allies betrayed it but then anti semitism can also be referenced as anti jewish religion.
Have you ever heard of the beni cohen gene or the lemba people of south and west africa, Turn's out this ancient jewish gene from the priest cast of the israelite tribes is quite common among the men of the lemba whom alway's claimed to be jewish by ancestry, the same for the black etheopian jew's and of course it is found quite prevalent though of course not 100 percent in the western jew's and in many of the Muslims of arabie whose ancestor's were jewish as well.
Did not god say "I shall scatter your seed into every nation and bless every family of man until all the world are your descendant's", so is that anti semitism or anti God, ask yourself.
The Etheopian orthodox christian's were jewish once by faith and indeed on lake Tana there are ancient jewish ritual idol's in the grounds of the Etheopian orthodox monastery, the ethiopean Jew's whom were essentially the same people though stuck to there original hebrew faith, for hundred's of years until quite recently the Lemba whom are now predominantly christian also did so, Many jew's were scattered around the world and for hundred's of years though there culture was seperate you would find them travelling often along with the gypsy caravans and gene's also passed between these people's.
Now Khazaria the Jewish empire you allude to in your own blinkered way was not only home to convert's but also jew's persecuted elsewhere would have flocked to this comparitively safe haven and grown in numbers, indeed this is probably the origin of the very tall hacidic jew's whom are most likely or mixed jewish and Step tribesman ancestry, though the russians traditionally hate them they are essentially different tribes of the same people with the cossack tribes being there cousins, www.historytoday.com... , it is also of note that the rabbi's whom converted them were mainly from persia and so not only from the west but also from the east you can imagine that for the jewish community this would have been a shining light of hope and somewhere for a displaced people to call home until it was conquered and eradicated from history in a forgotten holocaust that was the grand forerunner of all pogroms, en.wikipedia.org...

People are people at the end of the day and someone will have to answer for all the spilt blood.

In Isreal there is persecution of there own minority's such as the christian's and others as well as the palestinian's, almost as though they were persecuted so long they turned into the very thing they hated which is sad.

edit on 25-4-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join