It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So Bundy is a Racist?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Why does Harry Reid get to say "Negro" as an elderly person from the era of Clive Bundy, yet he gets a free pass?

What free pass.........you just brought it up! Even though Dirty Harry isn't the topic of the thread....remember?
edit on 24-4-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Deflecting my point are ya?

I am trying to show a correlation of people of the generation of Cliven Bundy and Harry Reid!

Back then, the Political Correctness Card and softening of Racism was not as prevalent as it is today! The elderly of our society, have a rather "Blunt" way of saying what they want to say! Sometimes it doesn't come out so good?

It doesn't mean they are racists! All it means is they are trying. Political correctness BTW, is a fairly new thing that even I am having a hard time dealing with! With that being said, "The PC police can kiss my behind!"! Enough is enough!

So my point stands! Unless of course you are trying to protect Harry Reid!
edit on 24-4-2014 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I just listened to this. It certainly doesn't seem like Bundy is a racist. According to the man himself the "picking cotton" remark was an embellishment added. By the NY Times. Alex is apparently trying to get the publication to retract the statement.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   

I am trying to show a correlation of people of the generation of Cliven Bundy and Harry Reid!

Back then, the Political Correctness Card and softening of Racism was not as prevalent as it is today! The elderly of our society, have a rather "Blunt" way of saying what they want to say! Sometimes it doesn't come out so good?

Nope.....all people need to take responsibility for their dumbass remarks!! That's all i'm sayin....

Difficult concept isn't it!

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
What do you do when there's too many threads about a subject??

Duh I don't know, maybe MAKE ANOTHER ONE?? Except this time it'll be a rant so it's ok......

I see a lot of people who are angry about the way Bundy's comments are being taken. The point is, he should never have made those remarks to begin with. He set himself up, sabotaged his own cause....maybe because he likes the limelight?? Or maybe he's been influenced by campfire talk and beer lately with the ones "guarding" his ranch with guns. Whatever, HE made this mess with those remarks, they are not in keeping with the standards of today, whether you are republican, democrat or tea party libertarian or whatever. He put the black person into a box, judging him by the color of his skin, rather than the content of his character. That is not acceptable. If Bundy goes down now, he has himself to blame. He has divided his own (former) support that he had. Instead of keeping to his own issue, in front of journalists, knowing whatever he says goes national, he had the stupidity to make those remarks. It's his own fault and his own undoing now. Can't blame the BLM, the GOV't, anyone else. Now I see a little bit maybe why they have had this "problem" with Bundy all along.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Nope.....all people need to take responsibility for their dumbass remarks!! That's all i'm sayin....

Difficult concept isn't it!

Not a difficult concept at all!

Quite the contrary actually!

Seems to me you have an issue understanding how our more elderly members of society might think?

Maybe we have just as much of a "Hate the elderly" issue as we do "Racists"????

Hmmmmm, Interesting........

BTW!

What our your thoughts on Harry Reids comments on a "Negro dialect"????

Still hiding?

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

[

Still hiding?

Hiding? Me? not hardly..........

Dirty Harry is as big a dumbass as Clivin. I have no allegiance to any halfassed political hack.
They are all neocons kissing the butt of Corporate Oligarchy string pullers.

I'm a "people like You" remember.........

Don't let your ideology get in the way of your common sense!!

edit on 24-4-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

[

Still hiding?

Hiding? Me? not hardly..........

Dirty Harry is as big a dumbass as Clivin. I have no allegiance to any halfassed political hack.
They are all neocons kissing the butt of Corporate Oligarchy string pullers.

I'm a "people like You" remember.........

Don't let your ideology get in the way of your common sense!!

I have no ideology! I believe in freedom for everyone!

I was shocked at how quickly you jumped out calling Bundy a Racist without taking into consideration his generational upbringing!

That was my point of bringing up Harry Reid's statement!

Let's just say I do believe that "Racism" is a problem! Let me finish by saying this, "By screaming Racism as a political ploy to gain a political advantage over your opponent? You do nothing to stop Racism! On the contrary! You cheapen the meaning of the word and turn it into a term that is meaningless!"!

Remember the fairy tale "The Boy who cried wolf"?

My parents are in their late 70's!!!! Holy snip BATMAN, going out to eat dinner with them can be not only an embarrassing situation, but a big wake up call to see just far we have come!

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I was shocked at how quickly you jumped out calling Bundy a Racist without taking into consideration his generational upbringing!

Racism is Racism regardless of generational differences, upbringing or location. I'm a Texan and used to be as racist as they come. Going to the University showed me the error of my ways.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: andr3w68
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

I feel like Cliven Bundey could be a setup. His story is convoluted enough for people to back him, yet wrong enough for people to question it. Then he is revealed to be a racist.

Now the people that did support him will be wary of supporting a REAL cause, and the ones that didn't support him really wont support a REAL cause, because they were right, and that means they are right this time too, right?

The whole thing is a mess, and most people still are not talking enough about what they should be. The fact that our government blatantly doesn't give a flying F about the common man in this country.

For me, the sight of 200 paramilitary troops showing up for what should have been handled with a lien counteracts any wrong going on the part of the Bundys. I don't believe anyone thinks he is legally without reproach.

If it is a setup to dilute popular support I think it backfired.
edit on 24-4-2014 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join