It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So Bundy is a Racist?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

See that's the issue here. You are thinking of this only in terms of how it will effect the Bundy family. The points I am trying to make are painted with a much broader stroke. In other words, how will the events at the Bundy ranch effect the country as a whole?

They set up free speech zones. You don't see how that is laughing in the face of the first?

Armed militias were involved. You don't see how that involves the second?

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

The thing is, the Progressives took the "Race Card" and ran with it. As they usually do!

The idea of him standing up to the Feds has now taken a back seat to him NOW being a Racist.....

My issue is why hasn't anyone on the right painted the left as hating and not understanding the elderly????

See what I mean?

No matter how you look at it, this has nothing to do with Racism, but a political agenda!

No one wins, WE ALL LOSE!

edit on 24-4-2014 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

That's the first I've heard about free speech zones. And I said what I think is going to happen. Basically, nothing. Bundy will have to obey the law and pay his taxes just like the rest of us, or face the consequences.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

That's the first I've heard about free speech zones. And I said what I think is going to happen. Basically, nothing. Bundy will have to obey the law and pay his taxes just like the rest of us, or face the consequences.

Really?

The first you heard about free speech zones!

Quite the expert then aren't you?

BTW, BUNDY DOES PAY HIS TAXES!!!!!

These are fees!

WOW!

Perhaps if you followed this event since the beginning as myself and others have you would know these things?

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

This was my point in my initial post - His support is going to take a big hit after some of his comments.

The meaning and interpretation of someones comments are powerful things. He needs to be careful about what he is saying - Whether those comments have been misinterpreted or not. If he loses the public support, he loses everything he's got going for him.

He's made these mistakes himself by even addressing some of those issues. He needs to focus on his issue and his cause, because it's Bundy himself that is steering the focus away from his own fight.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

I never claimed to be an expert. I know a little, but I didn't let this story keep me up at night like so many others have.

Perhaps if you followed this event since the beginning as myself and others have you would know these things?

Maybe, but I have a life.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Capitalsource

here's the full video and the rebuttal.

2 posts on one thread....

1. www.abovetopsecret.com...

2. www.abovetopsecret.com...

different context from the short cut version.

it's a little better to form an opinion.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   

I never claimed to be an expert. I know a little, but I didn't let this story keep me up at night like so many others have.

Maybe, but I have a life.

Maybe your right! You never claimed to be an expert!

But you sure don't have a problem spreading disinformation!

Kinda like in the other Bundy is a racist thread where you linked to a white supremacist website that did nothing more than refer to the NYT article already in the OP?

Nice try playing the innocent game!

Like I said in my first post in this OP!

"Keep em talkin!"!

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Really!?

This is the first you are hearing of FSZs (First amendment areas) at the Bundy Ranch?

Wow... okay.

FSZs at the Bundy Ranch Standoff
21stcenturywire.com... ille/
firstamendmentcoalition.org...

Hope the links work. I'm posting from my phone so its a bit iffy

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat

What's really going on here? What is the hand behind the curtain doing? What will framing (or revealing) Cliven Bundy as a racist accomplish? I dunno but I really don't think we need three separate threads to find out.

And you just started the 4th. Cliven is the epitome of ATS discussion topics. I personally can't get enough of subjects like Cliven, Zimmerman etc. Whatever happened to Zimmerman? Those were the good old days!!!

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Last I heard Zimmerman was going to box rapper DMX but it never happened. He also sold a painting on e-bay.

But yeah...

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
What's funny is how much attention this is getting.

Just like I said before, keep giving those words and phrases meaning and you contribute to keeping it alive.

You don't have a choice , because you can't make someone not say those things.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Thanks for providing a link instead of a smart ass remark. Star for you.

I honestly don't think this whole story will go anywhere. Next week, it will be forgotten, until the feds find a way to either arrest the guy or confiscate his illegally-grazing cattle.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   

But you sure don't have a problem spreading disinformation!

What disinformation did I spread???

Kinda like in the other Bundy is a racist thread where you linked to a white supremacist website that did nothing more than refer to the NYT article already in the OP?

I did not provide a link. Nor am I "playing innocent". You make no sense. Kind of like this "discussion".

Later.
edit on 4/24/2014 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Thanks for providing a link instead of a smart ass remark. Star for you.

I honestly don't think this whole story will go anywhere. Next week, it will be forgotten, until the feds find a way to either arrest the guy or confiscate his illegally-grazing cattle.

I'll wear that "smart ass remark" badge with pleasure coming from

Your overzealous attitude towards "obviously a man you know not too much about by your own admittance" to paint him as a "Racist" is what brought about my bitterness towards your failed attempt at race baiting!

You own it!

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
here's the Alex Jones / Bundy interview...

(April 24, 2014)
Cliven Bundy Responds To New York Times Racism Report

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat
a reply to: olaru12

Last I heard Zimmerman was going to box rapper DMX but it never happened. He also sold a painting on e-bay.

But yeah...

But yeah....we need more Duck Dynasty style threads. That kind of stuff really shows what we're capable of in American culture.

All hail 50cent!!!! I wonder what Cliven would think of 50cent?
edit on 24-4-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

No matter how you look at it, this has nothing to do with Racism, but a political agenda!

I would have been if Cliven had of kept his mouth shut and not make blatant racist remarks. He brought this all down on himself and now he has to answer for it. He did and only made matters worse.

Getting caught up in the media frenzy was a big mistake. He should let his daughter be his spokes person but no.....
Getting caught up in the national spotlight can be very dangerous when you think you know what you are doing. Obviously, he didn't!!

edit on 24-4-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I would have been if Cliven had of kept his mouth shut and not make blatant racist remarks. He brought this all down on himself and now he has to answer for it. He did and only made matters worse.

Why does Harry Reid get to say "Negro" as an elderly person from the era of Clive Bundy, yet he gets a free pass?

Senate Democratic leader Harry Reid apologized on Saturday for saying the race of Barack Obama – whom he described as a "light skinned" African-American "with no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one" – would help rather than hurt his eventual presidential bid.

Huffington Post

Do you want to continue this madness?

If you do! Let's make it a level playing field shall we?

It seems to me that those whom scream the word "RACIST" the loudest, are those whom are the MOST guilty of perpetuating "Racism"! Ignorance seems to always have a way of going away if we just stop paying attention to it, doesn't it?

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I cannot see racism in these words, he asked a question, are they better off as slaves, because they didn't get any more freedom, they got less freedom. That is his opinion surely.
He is picking on the Government imho, the gov is taking away Freedom.

The New York Times is reporting that Cliven Bundy said the following:

"I want to tell you one more thing I know about the Negro," he said. Mr. Bundy recalled driving past a public-housing project in North Las Vegas, "and in front of that government house the door was usually open and the older people and the kids - and there is always at least a half a dozen people sitting on the porch - they didn't have nothing to do. They didn't have nothing for their kids to do. They didn't have nothing for their young girls to do.

"And because they were basically on government subsidy, so now what do they do?" he asked. "They abort their young children, they put their young men in jail, because they never learned how to pick cotton. And I've often wondered, are they better off as slaves, picking cotton and having a family life and doing things, or are they better off under government subsidy? They didn't get no more freedom. They got less freedom."

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join