It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Progressive idea 80% tax - income over $500K doesn't go far enough to fix income inequality

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlaskanDad

Pirate Party is a label adopted by political parties in different countries. Pirate parties support civil rights, direct democracy and participation in government, reform of copyright and patent law, free sharing of knowledge (open content), information privacy, transparency, freedom of information and network neutrality.

source

I can see I have some reading to do, but I already see an issue with software patents. I think a person or company should be paid for their efforts. R&D on software is enormous. But I will learn about it for sure. Thanks

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace

While your at it check out proportional representation,

hint Germany.

One of the reasons I like ATS is i learn things here!

Yarrr!!!

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Who could afford a Lear with a 2 mil income? They would be out of business.

Learjet has more than enough government contracts to keep them in business. So no they would not go out of business if some millionaire couldn't buy their planes for personal use.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

Who could afford a Lear with a 2 mil income? They would be out of business.

Learjet has more than enough government contracts to keep them in business. So no they would not go out of business if some millionaire couldn't buy their planes for personal use.

They have been awarded 58 million in government contracts over that last 13 years, or an average of a little under 5 million a year.... Boy their stock must be just kicking on that....

But who cares, as it really doesn't matter since no one cares to do any thing about the evil group that directly effects us all,who's sole purpose in life is to directly affect us, who we keep voting into office year after year...

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
But...what about legitimate business men who are starting to make it big? Might they hit a wall if they suddenly have to pay a ton in taxes?

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   

While your at it check out proportional representation,

hint Germany.

One of the reasons I like ATS is i learn things here!

Yarrr!!!

I will thanks. My eyes are already bleeding from reading so much on ATS.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: BuzzyWigs
You do realize that the richest demographic in this country is not static? Most people are only there for maybe a year or a few at most before falling out? 39% of Americans can expect to hit the top 5% for at least one year of their professional lives. And a pretty good chunk can expect to climb even higher than that for a short time.

Yes, that means that a majority won't get to the top, but 39% is 1 in 3 territory verging on 1 in 2. Those are still pretty good odds for success.

Got any citations for this?

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

We talk about a lot of changes that could make a difference in our government, but seldom do I hear we need to remake the system it's self. If we threw out our congress, the one that had single digit approval ratings, the only way it would cure the problem would be change the system that caused the problems. The two party winner takes all political system is to easily rigged, this is the reason I believe we need to look at a change to Proportional Representation it offers more parties a chance to be a part of the decision making, rather than the winning party having control.

edit on 29-4-2014 by AlaskanDad because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

We talk about a lot of changes that could make a difference in our government, but seldom do I hear we need to remake the system it's self. If we threw out our congress, the one that had single digit approval ratings, the only way it would cure the problem would be change the system that caused the problems. The two party winner takes all political system is to easily rigged, this is the reason I believe we need to look at a change to Proportional Representation it offers more parties a chance to be a part of the decision making, rather than the winning party having control.

I think it's a matter of getting people involved, like yourself paying attention to what's happening in the world and our country. I understand that it takes two incomes to make a family work, but there has to be a way to get people to think past working and surviving, and seek the changes necessary that created some of the insanity this government places on it's citizens. I think the Constitution is a pure document and we need to get back to it, and stop the lying and manipulating by all branches of government.

I will have to read about proportional representation but I consider the Constitution the best in the history of the planet.

edit on 29-4-2014 by MarlinGrace because: fixed quote

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Until the people have representation, nothing can or will change.

A courupt Govt is the seed in this evil.

As long as vast amounts of money is available to our politicians we're screwed. Those taxes would hit them (the politicians) and their friends, they would live a wee bit more of a fiscally conservative life style, yet they would never go hungry.

I agree. The common issue I see is the corrupt politician, regardless of which side they are from.

When the third richest man Warren Buffet says he need to pay more taxes, I tend to pay attention.

I think you may want to go back and revisit this statement.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
You can refuse to hear me all you want, macman.

And yet again your Progressive tendencies are shown.
I have never said I refused to hear you.
Seems that you were the one trying to chase me out of another thread.
You really need to reassess this idea you have of others that don't share your viewpoint.

Yes, the wealthy are part of the collective, and NOT ONE OF THEM
needs to earn $7.8 million dollars in 6 weeks. Nor $31 Million for a year. Nor any of the other numbers that the sources I provided you express.

And why do they not "need" to earn this? Did I miss the memo where you were crowned Queen of the World?
This is the classic stance of Progressives. You get to tell others what to do, all based on your viewpoint.

People would LOVE to rise to the levels of others they see......

I know many people that would love to just make it to where I am.
Yet they are unwilling to do what I have done.
If you or others want to make it, stop making excuses and go do it.

whether they WILL, or not, is the part of the hypocrisy that is YOUR THINKING. With the system the way it is, THEY WILL NOT. Good lord. Your rhetoric + your avatar are kinda, well, unnerving.

"Will not" is there choice.
You sure have a great supply of excuses for everyone.
If you would provide just 1 reason why they can to the 10 excuses as to why they can't, you yourself would be doing great.

[

Peace, macman.

Nah, I prefer a healthy application of violence and blunt force.

Just to answer your evasion. ^^
Evading what?

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I said "Poor".

You in turn made it into "Lame".

Your projecting again.

Maybe your Behavioral Degree needs to be applied to yourself first.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: macman

macman

Just a pause,

to thank you and the others,

for your very civil and polite treatment of me.

during this discussion where I am obviously playing the devils advocate.

Unfortunately while playing the devils advocate, I saw some truth to what I was saying!

I am kind of disappointed in this thread,
as usually someone brilliant comes along,
destroys my point of view
with brilliant facts with citations

and I learn.

As for the rich and those taxes,

It's not like they would be going hungry!

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

I am only polite because you live in an area I would love to migrate to.

I'm usually not polite, but coarse, direct and rather savage in nature.

It's is just who I am.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: grandmakdw
There should be an 80% tax on all personal assets over $3 Million because $3 Million is the accepted savings needed for a comfortable retirement.

And with life expectancy growing each year who is to say how much anyone will need?

You want income equality? Go get a better job. Go be an entrepreneur. Stop looking to others to fix your money issues.

AGREED. I don't make more than I do now because of my own choices. I'm not expecting 'equality' on that unless I EARN IT.

Sure a CEO is gonna make 32k for running a multi-billion dollar company they either built or made choices that landed them that job - riiiiight.

If the company can and will pay it, who is anyone else to say 'it's too much' and force some BS 'executive order' BS down their throats..not every company will cow like GM did.

Personally, I see some CEOs making EGREGIOUS amounts of money and don't know how the companies can sustain that rate of pay...I'd personally not pay them that...but if the company wants to and can pay them that- then it's THEIR money, THEIR company. If it upsets me, I can choose to take my business elsewhere - as can anyone else.

Taxing fixes NOTHING. The don't need more tax, they need to figure out how to spend what they're already collecting more responsibly. We give them more, they demand more - for basically lying, cheating on top of not doing their jobs they were sworn to do. Like being a slave, well this is pretty much what the proposal is....

[disclaimer, I make nowhere near the amounts they want to ding for an extra 30% tax, but it does upset me that these greedy, self-serving politicians have the NERVE to even talk like this in a serious manner. I care about my money and the money of others and wanting each of us to keep all that we can. We have to be responsible with our money, or we go bankrupt, we can't just demand more money from the employer because of our own mismanagement...what makes these politicians think they can??!?]

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I say get rid of all taxes, except for 100% tax upon death.

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join