It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nephilim war axe found (w/ pics)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: schadenfreude
First, the axe was found near yellow creek ohio, more specifically about 200 yards from Chief Logan's main lodge. (I've spent 10 minutes looking for where that might be via google maps (the lodge itself), but can't find it, sorry) It was buried in the mud and was found quite accidentally as he was climbing down sideways and sunk his feet in the mud, and this popped out as he was bringing his shoe up.

And it wasn't Morgantown, sorry, it was Moundsville where he talked to the archeologist. And he was an actual archeologist. (And no, he doesn't remember the name, I asked) He said that he talked to the guy there, and the reason (in case you're curious) an archeologist was there in the first place, is that during the mid 90's a law was put in place whenever you add a new highway on/offramp, and dig things up, you have to stop if you dig up anything and let archeologists go through it, that's why this guy was there from the Moundsville Museum in the first place.

A few corrections; first the archeologist said that the guy wielding it would be around 9 1/2 tall, not 10-12 (although in my defense I did hear that, but whatever, so I was only 6 inches off) and that the guy would have to weigh 425 pounds. My friend asked him if it was in fact a grinding stone & he said no it wasn't. He also dated it at 4000 years old.
He further added that this was the kind of relic that gives ppl headaches b/c of everything it implies. And he also said it was a waraxe, nothing else so if you wanna argue with that, feel free but I'm not any more.

Anyway that's the history of it, take it or leave it. Now I'm gonna shoot it & see if anyone answered about what settings would be ideal to shoot this thing once the camera gets here.

found in moundsville.... MOUNDSVILLE DING DING! guess why its called moundsville. cause of the big burial mounds that alot of them contained what???? GIANT SKELETONS!

check out jim vieira I'm not trying to send you on a goose chase or anything he is very courteous and respectful about the implications and sticks with the facts mostly from what I've seen. everything I've read or seen from him isn't complete by any means but its a very interesting and well laid out piece to the puzzle.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: mindseye1609

First, the axe was found near yellow creek ohio, more specifically about 200 yards from Chief Logan's main lodge. (I've spent 10 minutes looking for where that might be via google maps (the lodge itself), but can't find it, sorry) It was buried in the mud and was found quite accidentally as he was climbing down sideways and sunk his feet in the mud, and this popped out as he was bringing his shoe up.

And it wasn't Morgantown, sorry, it was Moundsville where he talked to the archeologist. And he was an actual archeologist. (And no, he doesn't remember the name, I asked) He said that he talked to the guy there, and the reason (in case you're curious) an archeologist was there in the first place, is that during the mid 90's a law was put in place whenever you add a new highway on/offramp, and dig things up, you have to stop if you dig up anything and let archeologists go through it, that's why this guy was there from the Moundsville Museum in the first place.

A few corrections; first the archeologist said that the guy wielding it would be around 9 1/2 tall, not 10-12 (although in my defense I did hear that, but whatever, so I was only 6 inches off) and that the guy would have to weigh 425 pounds. My friend asked him if it was in fact a grinding stone & he said no it wasn't. He also dated it at 4000 years old.
He further added that this was the kind of relic that gives ppl headaches b/c of everything it implies. And he also said it was a waraxe, nothing else so if you wanna argue with that, feel free but I'm not any more.

Anyway that's the history of it, take it or leave it. Now I'm gonna shoot it & see if anyone answered about what settings would be ideal to shoot this thing once the camera gets here.

found in moundsville.... MOUNDSVILLE DING DING! guess why its called moundsville. cause of the big burial mounds that alot of them contained what???? GIANT SKELETONS!

check out jim vieira I'm not trying to send you on a goose chase or anything he is very courteous and respectful about the implications and sticks with the facts mostly from what I've seen. everything I've read or seen from him isn't complete by any means but its a very interesting and well laid out piece to the puzzle.

No, I didn't say it was found in Moundsville, I said it was found in yellow creek. The archeologist that my friend talked to was in Moundsville.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: schadenfreude

I'm just curious why you've assumed someone would have to be 12 feet tall to put that stone to use? Are you assuming it would be wielded with one hand? Why could it not be the head of a primitive two handed hammer (similar to a modern sledgehammer) used to drive wooden spikes into the ground or break up large rocks to make stone tools out of?

It would seem your theory that this is proof of the nephilim is based solely on conjecture.
edit on 24-4-2014 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
What you have found is a "Rock of Speculation" because that's all any of us can do "speculate" as to what it was used for.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   

a reply to: skunkape23

I didn't take the time to weigh it, but honestly it felt like between 5-7 pounds.

I should've took side shots, it hadn't occurred to me, sorry.

I have a 25 lb. hammer in my garage. I'm no Nephilim.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   

a reply to: punkinworks10

Have you brought anything to the table? Anything at all?

No, just Occum's Razor, on a conspiracy site.

Ok, that's smart.

Thanks for playing.

Don't get me wrong, I am impressed you have done all the follow-up on this.

But some of the assumptions are just that.

There is nothing wrong with an Occam's Razor approach to things and look for simpler more likely answers before going to the more improbable.

It happens on this site all the time, even though it is a conspiracy site.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Hey Punkinworks10

Yep American Indian stone maul. Hard to place with any specific tribe as they tend to look very similar but you can do it by context and type of stone used- if you can find the deposit. On occasion they also resembled and were used for tent and net weights - which might explain the size.

Thanks Schadenfreude for the thread one note; trying to shoehorn well known American native stone tools into biblical parameters doesn't work very well; I understand your faith but no flood, no Neppies, etc.

edit on 24/4/14 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Have you brought anything to the table? Anything at all?

No, just Occum's Razor, on a conspiracy site.

Ok, that's smart.

Thanks for playing.

Here's what I bring to the table , A SHAWNEE WAR CLUB or button as it is called.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Yeah, technically a flail but yeah. With a microscope you could tell by the wear patterns what it had been used for

link   

a reply to: skunkape23

I didn't take the time to weigh it, but honestly it felt like between 5-7 pounds.

I should've took side shots, it hadn't occurred to me, sorry.

From the pictures I gues it to be about 15cm (6inches) on both sides and I to a wild guess at 10cm thick!

I also guess from face value that it is made from granite.

With a volume and a known density of types of material I did the following maths ...

15 x 15 x 10 [all in cm] = 2250 cm^3

From wiki I found that granite averages between 2.65 and 2.75 grams per 1 cm ^3 therefor ...

Granite is nearly always massive (lacking internal structures), hard and tough, and therefore it has gained widespread use as a construction stone. The average density of granite is between 2.65 and 2.75 g/cm3, its compressive strength usually lies above 200 MPa, and its viscosity near STP is 3-6 • 1019 Pa·s. Melting temperature is 1215 - 1260 °C.

2250 cm^3 x 2.7g = 6075g [6.075Kg]

And to get the weight in pounds I simply multiplied the kilos by 2.2 = 13.365Lbs

I guestimate it to weigh no more than 14lbs at the maximum!

Now as you are the OP's original author and you disclose that it felt between 5-7pounds, then I would say my guestimate for how thick it is ... is an over guestimate by about 50% and therefor I would like to make a qualified hypothesis that the axe head dimensions are probably more closer to 5cm thick!

See how science, maths and a few select data points can reveal what is not shown!

If you can please take side shots with the $20 note for reference again to confirm or deny my hypothesis I'd appreciate that!

Loved the pictures!

link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

Looking at the wearing on it im thinking more of the stone was used to MAKE something, rather something was ground in it or formed in it

More then its some sort of battle axe or club.........

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: DietJoke

To the north of where this was found 36 pound stone mauls have been found

Native American Mining

Added a more targeted link

Maul
edit on 24/4/14 by Hanslune because: Second link

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   

How is this an axe? It's a carved rock with no dating report. Are you a geologist?

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: mindseye1609

No, I didn't say it was found in Moundsville, I said it was found in yellow creek. The archeologist that my friend talked to was in Moundsville.

roger that, id be willing to wager ole moundsville isnt to far from yellow creek. the mounds were found all over from wisconsin down to florida if I'm not mistaken. found all throughout the eastern half of the continental US.

i work very closely with plant genetics and i can assure you that plants of the same lineage with only a few generations of time can experience all kinds of wild mutations. pea plants twice as tall as others. short tomatoes that taste sweet. tall ones that yield MONSTERS. its all a tomato. its all genetics.

you can plant 100 seeds from the same 2 parent plants and get 100 different varying genotypes depending on breeding generation. i have a feeling us humans are a refined wing of the genetic line we descend from. very uniform. we may vary wildly at close inspection but all in all we dont vary much at all. this is a big long genetic discussion thats way over my head so i dont even know how i could parlay the info in any real retainable way but lets just say genetics is a wild mother. its very very possible that many many "Strains" of Dna reigned here once that all hailed from the homo line.

just in the last 100years or so we've gotten taller as a species because we have projected height as a sexually appealing trait, or its just ingrained from pre civilization, either way we are slowly getting taller as a species. now all it takes is a wild mutation to happen thats repeatable in breeding and boom, giants, or hobbits, or god knows what else.

genetics is a weird and wild frontier of science that i believe will answer alot of questions for us about many topics along these lines in the coming years. (So long as they aren't kept under wraps too bad)

some one really needs to find a modern giant skele and to see its human DNA would really blow some doors open. if its just a few genetic markers that vary then WHOA pretty much everything I've been talking about is spot on. if its wildly different then ours and anything around then theres a whole nother level of WHOA to deal with at that point.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: mindseye1609

We are also bigger due to the better nutrition of our mothers and ourselves and we suffer less damage from disease as children, allowing a great size.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
It's an archaic ground-stone axe. 9500BP-2900 BP up this way. They're a dime a dozen. Pretty cool, though!!

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Hanslune
I assigned it to the Shawnee based on where it was found.
And for the Op, yet another maul/club head

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I went just under RAW format for these pics, so you should have at it for those that want to d/l it and study in greater detail.

For reference sake.

A

B other side

Wedge side

"Business" side

Side "C"

Side "D"

Business side close up

Size Reference improved

Have fun. (Which was the original intent of this thread)

If you find anything "odd" please let us know, will you?

Thanks.

ETA: if you click on the links (despite them appearing broken) you will see the pics.
edit on 24-4-2014 by schadenfreude because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck
It's an archaic ground-stone axe. 9500BP-2900 BP up this way. They're a dime a dozen. Pretty cool, though!!

[snip]

Yeah they are all over the place, the first artifact I turned up in a test pit was a stone pick - a bit longer longer and thinner than this one.
edit on 26-4-2014 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Hanslune

thats a great point I've never taken into acct. nutrition would play a huge part in it for sure. i cant completely agree that just because its modern times we have "Better" nutrition but definitely more available and in some circumstances MUCH better then ancient times.

my 9 month old is eating nothing but organic fruits and veggies from all over the world that have all kinds of enzymes and benefits even i couldn't of gotten as a child. the world is definitely speeding towards something. she's more then twice the size she's "Supposed" to be. mom is also 6' and I'm up there myself 6' something. chances are she's going to be borderline amazon. this is what I'm saying. just a minute genetic change and she could easily be 10-12 feet tall or even more. genetics is nuts. look up sonic the hedgehog and flies for a good example lol

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join