It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nephilim war axe found (w/ pics)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I don't know what's older. The rock, or that cell phone.
I haven't seen a rzr since I was little.
Otherwise cool rock man.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
id like to just add to MY post before for posterity

not everybody on the job site was in peak physical or mental condition... many of the 20year+ vets had big ole bellies and late night bar issues lol. hell some of them use the belly to help lay the block.. its pretty amazing lol. either way you get my point above. we were a pretty dialed in contraction machine and we couldn't of touched what they did thousands of years ago.
edit on 24-4-2014 by mindseye1609 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: punkinworks10

Geesh you ppl are THICK aint ya?

For the last time, I'm not the one making this claim!

You're arguing with the wrong person, get over it.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
for anyone interested i'm meeting him in 10 minutes to do a run and i'll have my dvr ready to get the info I said I would get about specifically who he talked to & the name of the place & all that other good stuff.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: schadenfreude

oh look! a troll! really?

OMG

Does this belong to you?

No just calling you out on an obvious piece of bs, and I'm sorry if you believed the guy "who does it for a living".
Ordinarily I wouldnt even open your thread , but it's so rediculous I just couldnt not comment.
And anyone who knows my posting history in this forum can vouch that I am hardly a troll

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: schadenfreude

That is a fairly common shape. My daughter in central Texas found one shaped exactly like that except about a third of its size. the area where she found it was strewn with flint chips where arrow heads had been produced.

It would easier to image it as an hand ax partially wrapped in leather (as we would wear gloves for protection in doing heavy work) for smashing bison bones, etc. Forget about swinging it around in the air as a weapon, think of it as heavy hammer for domestic chores. It you want to thrust it even further back into early life in the Americas, imagine it used to smash mastodon bones. And as kings and big shots of tribes tend to do, image it being a ornamental "decoration" for one, a sign of power beyond the ordinary. I don't entirely discounts giants anywhere, however.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
You might might not be the one who originated the claim, but you are promoting it,
without doing a little critical thinking.
What's more likely a Shawnee implement or a weapon of mythical proportions?

link   

I solely base the nephilim claim due to what the size of the person would have to be that wielded this thing (10-12 feet tall effectively) Goliath was this same size.

In the original stories, the Greek "Titans" were 450 tall, these were in fact the original Nephilim. (Which would explain cities like Baalbek etc. The giants mentioned by the two spies after the Jewish exodus were speculated to be 35 feet tall, so technically goliath & this one would be fairly small, just the nephilim genes dying out over time.

Anyway that's how I see it. I didn't make that title just for "hits", I genuinely believe it.

Maybe later I can get my friend over here and I'll go so far to find out the place he visited anyway by name, and if I'm really upto it I'll provide a google maps location where he found it. (We're both geeks about this kind of thing so I doubt it'll be that much trouble.) So stay tuned! lol

No, you misunderstood. The original titans were 450 ft tall, not the stones. A being that huge could easily lift the stones of Baalbek one-handed I imagine.

Here is where you can find in more detail what I am talking about.

[2] ~ The description in the R. H. Charles version of The Book of Enoch states that the giants were 3000 ells tall.

"...(3) And they became pregnant, and they bare great giants, whose height was three thousand ells: Who consumed (4) all the acquisitions of men. And when men could no longer sustain them, the giants turned against (5) them and devoured mankind. And they began to sin against birds, and beasts, and reptiles, and (6) fish, and to devour one another's flesh, and drink the blood..."

The Book of Enoch, Chapter 7: 3-6 ~ R. H. Charles version

I'm not suggesting you have to believe this, merely showing that I'm not pulling numbers out of my butt.

450 feet tall? So bigger than Godzilla? Oh, come on.

And I thought that only God grants life (a central tenet of the pro-lifers). So that means in order for these Godzilla creatures to impregnate or get pregnant God would have to "bless" their union. Which means that God intended for these abominations to breed. And since God supposedly knows everything, how come he didn't see the dire implications for His children and the eventual genocidal destruction of almost everything? Logic baby, logic. It just doesn't make sense.
edit on 24/4/14 by Foundryman because: paragraphs

edit on 24/4/14 by Foundryman because: paragraphs

link   

like i said before no doubt giants existed. many mucho proof to be had. sorta... lol but theres no doubt in my mind anyway. i just dont see any correlation to the bible.

have your ever read up on the catastrophe of 535ad? and what happened globally after that.

something terrible happened from 535-536 which then resulted in the great plague and many many years of chaos. after this great "Reset" so to say a consolidation of powers happened and the "holy roman empire" Was born. this was the birth of our present civilization. only about 1500 years or so ago. leaves alot of history to learn and make forgotten on the fly. sounds about like the tale we've weaved for ourselves. discover all kinds of stuff that either gets shoehorned into the believed dogma or gets covered up..

heres a good movie on the catastrophe if you have time

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I didn't take the time to weigh it, but honestly it felt like between 5-7 pounds.

Wait.

So it takes somebody 10-12 feet tall to swing something 5-7 pounds???

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

In the original stories, the Greek "Titans" were 450 tall, these were in fact the original Nephilim.

"In fact"?

Also doesn't the bible say the nephilim mated with human women?

Just how would someone 450 feet tall do that exactly?

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Chamberf=6

I have to agree, the OP really needs to get this weighed. I am a medium-sized grandmother and I split wood with an axe maul that weighs 6lbs. Most mauls avg 8 lbs...so I don't imagine one would have to be 10-12 ft tall to wield anything that light.

Edit add: I would be more inclined to believe this is a native American hammer that was used to tenderize or break the bones from the slabs of meat from a hunt, thus if under 10 lbs, the native american women probably used it.

edit on 4 24 2014 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Great thread.When things like this turn up I scratch my head and think wtf.There's a whole lot of history missing on this planet.
Personally,I'm leaning more toward the Viking theory.As mentioned earlier the is definite evidence of Viking expeditions in the area.Nephilam?Not so much.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   

a reply to: WhiteAlice

cool pics.

Again folks, I'm just basing the claim that the guy that said this was used, who does this for a living, said the one that used this as an axe would be between 10-12 feet tall, and that that would fit the lower end of the Nephilim, nothing more.

I'm just pointing out that similar objects in size and girth have been found previously. One random person's statement without any point of reference or methodology for making the determination makes the claim irrelevant.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
UPDATE:

Ok, I have the history & the location where this was found.

I also have it here, and will take pictures full 360, sideways view, etc.

And to answer one person's post so not to make this irrelevant, it was weighed at 6lbs 14oz.

I'll take the time to write everything about it, (I brought my recorder with me) for one post; and after that begin shooting it.

I'm not even close to an amateur photographer, (which means i know practically nill) so if there are any preferred settings or formats or whatever you guys should speak now or forever hold your peace.
edit on 24-4-2014 by schadenfreude because: clarity

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Looks like a paleo hammerstone to me. The Indians also used those stones. Could even be a net weight, the Indians used net weights on their nets for a very long time. If it is thin, it may be an axe, some were also tied to ropes.

They find those around here once in a while, and we do not live that far from Ohio. I have some various ground stone tool blanks, not completely finished, that I have found. They are already tempered, they just never got flaked. Found them underneath what looks like an old layer of ashes, appearing that they were buried under the fire to temper them.

The people that formed these tools originally came from the other continent, or maybe it was the opposite way. I haven't yet been convinced by the evidence I've seen that modern humans came out of Africa. And I have looked at a lot of evidence over the years.

These tools could have also been used by another species like neanderthals too. Stone tools were sparcely used in this country up until a couple of hundred years ago. I am sure there may still be some people still using them in North or South America. Why buy an axe or sledge hammer when you can make one that works fine.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

UPDATE:

Ok, I have the history & the location where this was found.

I also have it here, and will take pictures full 360, sideways view, etc.

And to answer one person's post so not to make this irrelevant, it was weighed at 6lbs 14oz.

I'll take the time to write everything about it, (I brought my recorder with me) for one post; and after that begin shooting it.

I'm not even close to an amateur photographer, (which means i know practically nill) so if there are any preferred settings or formats or whatever you guys should speak now or forever hold your peace.

I'm impressed with your follow up on this interesting object, for the rest of us. Good work...

I look forward to more pics, and am really enjoying the posts so far in your thread. I'm learning a lot.

Des

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
First, the axe was found near yellow creek ohio, more specifically about 200 yards from Chief Logan's main lodge. (I've spent 10 minutes looking for where that might be via google maps (the lodge itself), but can't find it, sorry) It was buried in the mud and was found quite accidentally as he was climbing down sideways and sunk his feet in the mud, and this popped out as he was bringing his shoe up.

And it wasn't Morgantown, sorry, it was Moundsville where he talked to the archeologist. And he was an actual archeologist. (And no, he doesn't remember the name, I asked) He said that he talked to the guy there, and the reason (in case you're curious) an archeologist was there in the first place, is that during the mid 90's a law was put in place whenever you add a new highway on/offramp, and dig things up, you have to stop if you dig up anything and let archeologists go through it, that's why this guy was there from the Moundsville Museum in the first place.

A few corrections; first the archeologist said that the guy wielding it would be around 9 1/2 tall, not 10-12 (although in my defense I did hear that, but whatever, so I was only 6 inches off) and that the guy would have to weigh 425 pounds. My friend asked him if it was in fact a grinding stone & he said no it wasn't. He also dated it at 4000 years old.
He further added that this was the kind of relic that gives ppl headaches b/c of everything it implies. And he also said it was a waraxe, nothing else so if you wanna argue with that, feel free but I'm not any more.

Anyway that's the history of it, take it or leave it. Now I'm gonna shoot it & see if anyone answered about what settings would be ideal to shoot this thing once the camera gets here.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61
Great thread.When things like this turn up I scratch my head and think wtf.There's a whole lot of history missing on this planet.
Personally,I'm leaning more toward the Viking theory.As mentioned earlier the is definite evidence of Viking expeditions in the area.Nephilam?Not so much.

Why does it have to be anything but a native american object?
Even Vikings is a tremendous stretch.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Have you brought anything to the table? Anything at all?

No, just Occum's Razor, on a conspiracy site.

Ok, that's smart.

Thanks for playing.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join