It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can !GUN! people help me answer this question?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Ok, well I have been hearing how you can buy a gun kit and have it mailed to you, put it together, and there ya' go, you have a legal firearm........Also that there is a legal loophole that goes a long with it? My question is this:

Does anyone here know the laws, and the information regarding this? I am a person who is interested and fascinated by guns (not in a psycho way)I am also interested in collecting weaponry. Since I'm technically still a N00b I would also like to ask any advice about owning and purchasing firearms and creating ammo.

I have done some internet searching but its a lot of stuff I don't understand, or can't find information about so I decided to just come to ol' ATS.

Thanks in advance

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I think you are talking about the AR15 blank lower recievers they sell....the buyer gets the blank with a few holes drilled in it....bolts the steel guides to it (included) and drills the final holes etc to complete the construction.....of course you must also buy all the other related pieces like the barrel the upper receiver and the guts and magazines to arrive at a functioning gun.....

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
At this point in time there is no valid reason to hide the purchase
of a gun. We are YEARS away from any serious attempt to
round up guns in this country...It wouldn't work anyway. It
would be the proverbial straw that breaks...well, you know
what I mean.

I'd say check your local laws--Google your state name and something
like 'concealed carry law', or 'open carry law' and you should return
a few good forums or dot-gov websites that will give you the
specific information you need.

Also, there no viable reason to load your own ammo unless
you shoot ALOT. As in avid weekend skeet-shooter.

Anyway, good luck
edit on 24-4-2014 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: stirling

If by "drills the final holes etc" you mean "machines 80% of the product" then yea you are on the money.

Buying a blank is easy. If you are not fairly gifted in a machine shop you will either be wasting your money or you will be buying a paper weight.

It sounds easy and the anti-gun crowd want people to think it easy (so do the blank sellers). It is a rather difficult task and a small error can lead to a worthless chuck of aluminum.

Try to find reviews from people that have actually completed their builds before you invest.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I didn't recommend them just explained them.....Guns are easy enough to build....my friend Jack used to make them out of railroad spikes with a 7/32 drill....they fired well enough to get him incarcerated for an illegal weapon....
A gun is not the end all and be all of adulthood....in fact may be counter productive at times....
edit on 24-4-2014 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus
Is this what you guys are talking about? you have to just get the metal for this?

and I'm not trying to hide it from anyone,I want it to be legit, I'm just wondering about them thats all.
edit on 24-4-2014 by Thisbseth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
they have the aks too that you have to fold up..those are cheap as heck...I knew a guy that had made about 10 of them...then he called me to ask about the legality of it....later we found out he was doing some things illegal on accident haha...so he stopped...I wont get into details here but it was an honest mistake on his part...so make sure you research the law...honestly if you called atf they would probably talk your ear off on it..just get some advice from them...probably wouldnt even have to give your name.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: cosmicexplorer

i can just call ATF lol. that sounds crazy. Is it all automated?

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
The blanks are not firearms and are legal to buy....according to the BATF last I heard....after purchase its a mugs game.....check out your state laws wherever you are....

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Thisbseth

Yea it looks like the only thing missing is the lower receiver which is what is tracked by serial number (or sold as a blank).

All those parts in the pic are meaningless to the ATF all they care about is the lower receiver.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Do a little research and find out what you want to get. Then go on to a certain site that rhymes with "farmslist" and buy something from an individual. The government knows nothing and you don't have to buy a drill press.

As for reloading, someone else will have to help you there.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Depending where you live, the lower must be registered. If not than you have a blatantly illegal gun.

Just buy it from a trusted source. The only reason one would have to get a un-marked blank is if your a felon or a gunsmith.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Those are only the upper and mechs, you still need the 80% blank lower and the know how from there.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientiaFortisDefendit

You literally just blew my mind...lol

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: shaneslaughta

well i was denied for a shotgun when I was 18, I have only Mist. non violent on my record though. So I have been holding off applying again. I am now 25 btw

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Technically it is 80% complete - you only have to finish the 20%.

A lot of them come with drilling jigs to somewhat idiot-proof the process.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thisbseth

well i was denied for a shotgun when I was 18, I have only Mist. non violent on my record though. So I have been holding off applying again. I am now 25 btw

You may be denied anyway. The government is denying based on a lot of misdemeanors now, too. Anything to keep guns out of the hands of law-abiding citizens, ya know?

edit on 24-4-2014 by ScientiaFortisDefendit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Ahh. Try again. Its worth doing it the right way. Keeps your can out of the fire.

Find a local FFA dealer in your area.

Gunbroker

Background check in most areas take minutes to process now. I did wait a week once before i was approved.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientiaFortisDefendit

Technically it is 80% complete - you only have to finish the 20%.

A lot of them come with drilling jigs to somewhat idiot-proof the process.

And get your self on a watch list for your interest in parts with no serials.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   

I have a CCW and have purchased firearms through dealers. I am already on the list.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join