It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon county puts stop to incinerating aborted babies for electricity:

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Facts
1 Medical waste shipped to Covanta Marion waste-to-energy facility.
2 Medical waste included aborted fetuses . Technically a still born full term could be refereed to as Medical waste.
3 Medical waste is added to trash and burned for electricity .

It doesn't matter who reported it even if there was an an agenda facts are facts.

How about a TV station that make it more legitimate facts didn't change .

www.kgw.com...

And by the sounds of it Marion County Board of Commissioners weren't to happy with it nor are some residents.

If you want to ridicule people for their preferences and beliefs be prepared for being ridiculed. I totally disagree with fetuses being tossed in trash to be reclaimed for power. Standard medical waste is fine. The harvesting power just isn't right.

If you really want to do something useful to them bury them. Idealistically we should respect the circle of life we eat plants or creatures who eat plants our waste fertilizers the plants when we die bury again feeding plants. We are breaking the cycle by keep taking and not returning . our waste gets treated chemicals mixed in and buried where plants never get the use and when we die same thing even cremated they keep you on a shelf.

How long can we take away without replenishing the soil. Be fore you SCREAM BIO WASTE BIO HAZARD this cycle was here long before the idea of embalming many family plots had trees planted nearby a grave. Some planted fruit trees near graves and out houses.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lostinthedarkness
Facts
1 Medical waste shipped to Covanta Marion waste-to-energy facility.
2 Medical waste included aborted fetuses . Technically a still born full term could be refereed to as Medical waste.
3 Medical waste is added to trash and burned for electricity .

It doesn't matter who reported it even if there was an an agenda facts are facts.

How about a TV station that make it more legitimate facts didn't change .

www.kgw.com...

And by the sounds of it Marion County Board of Commissioners weren't to happy with it nor are some residents.

If you want to ridicule people for their preferences and beliefs be prepared for being ridiculed. I totally disagree with fetuses being tossed in trash to be reclaimed for power. Standard medical waste is fine. The harvesting power just isn't right.

If you really want to do something useful to them bury them. Idealistically we should respect the circle of life we eat plants or creatures who eat plants our waste fertilizers the plants when we die bury again feeding plants. We are breaking the cycle by keep taking and not returning . our waste gets treated chemicals mixed in and buried where plants never get the use and when we die same thing even cremated they keep you on a shelf.

How long can we take away without replenishing the soil. Be fore you SCREAM BIO WASTE BIO HAZARD this cycle was here long before the idea of embalming many family plots had trees planted nearby a grave. Some planted fruit trees near graves and out houses.

NOT THE FACTS

The fact is the garbage and medical waste doesn't add to the energy in the process it COSTS energy to get rid of the waste. the Canadian officials were PAYING US to get rid of the trash.

quit trying to push that energy is "Harvested", please read through this thread in whole and really dig into some of the info myself and others have brought to the table.

because the county in oregon quit getting paid to dispose of this stuff do you suppose it just quit being disposed of????

nope someone else is getting rich of it now cause a giant stink has been made by a gullible and immature public. I'm still trying to find out who and id be willing to wager once we do find out who the pieces will all fit into the puzzle.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: mindseye1609

quit trying to push that energy is "Harvested", please read through this thread in whole and really dig into some of the info myself and others have brought to the table.

To me ( to generate electricity ) means make electricity from a fuel when the generated electricity is utilized is is considered harvested.

www.kgw.com...

stop accepting boxed medical waste from British Columbia to generate electricity after learning it includes tissue from aborted fetuses.

This quote and link refutes your statement.

www.covanta.com...

Energy-from-Waste Facility Covanta Marion, Inc. Brooks, Oregon The Marion County Energy-from-Waste facility began commercial operation in March 1987, serving the solid waste management needs of the 300,000 people of Marion County, Oregon. The facility operates as Covanta Marion and processes 550 tons per day of municipal solid waste (MSW), which generates up to 13.1 megawatts of renewable energy sold to Portland General Electric

This quote and link refutes your statement.
There is that Word again generates ?

Maybe old terminology captured energy from a source and used was considered harvesting the electricity from > source. So okay skip the word harvest .

Waste is burned > heat is exchanged to water> to produce steam steam> turns turbines > rotations in a magnetic Field >generates electricity >transmitted to consumer

www.covanta.com...

Energy-from-Waste (EfW or waste-to-energy) facilities offer a safe, technologically advanced means of waste disposal while also generating clean, renewable energy, reducing greenhouse gas

energy-from-waste facilities "are economically sound investments that provide multiple financial and environmental benefits to the communities that utilize them."

I keep reading the same thing Energy from waste .
Looking at a plant diagram it looks just like a coal fired plant which some use coal as a slurry.

I am sorry my reading comprehension is different than yours. To me energy is several forces one being electricity . From is out of . Waste stuff discarded.

It does not matter of the financial cost to burn the waste that is confusing the fact. Heat from the fires is captured as electricity .

Referring to people as gullible and immature just because you disagree with the is not very mature either.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Lostinthedarkness

To me ( to generate electricity ) means make electricity from a fuel when the generated electricity is utilized is is considered harvested.

It's more like recycling an energy.

Cremation is the use of high-temperature burning, vaporization, and oxidation to reduce dead animal or human bodies to basic chemical compounds, such as gases and mineral fragments retaining the appearance of dry bone

It takes a lot of energy to get a furnace up to the temperature required for "cremation", which is between 1400 and 1800FA. Biological waste, in and of itself, isn't being harvested for its energy potential. Energy businesses are seeking out other incineration businesses to partner with. WIN/WIN!

I don't know who's going to perform all those pious funerals and memorial services for all those unwanted fetuses! In the meantime, I guess there will be no resting place at all for those unwanted fetuses! So sad.......Where will they go?

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
When women go to receive their abortions they need to know full well the weight of their decisions and what will happen to the remains. It is after all whether or not they want to believe it, a part of them.

I don't really have a problem with using the bodies of the dead for fuel, but it only seems fair that people who were allowed to live their lives, who took from the earth while alive are the ones who then contribute back to it and the people. Once i'm dead, burn me up, use me whatever, I won't care...just make sure i'm dead.

But to use these aborted fetuses, with total disregard that they had no choice. Were never given life and then to take even more from them, it just makes me want to puke, and honestly, so very sad.

I am glad that Oregon has agreed to stop...at least for now.

edit on 26-4-2014 by brandiwine14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

It takes a lot of energy to get a furnace up to the temperature required for "cremation", which is between 1400 and 1800FA

True in some respects humans have been cremating deceased people for 1000's of years mainly on wood fires . Some wood pyres had complete incineration others not so good . Wood fire 500 f varies by wood type. Even our modern crematoriums leave teeth or pieces of bone . The function of combustion higher temp shorter time lower temp longer time.
en.wikipedia.org...

While plastic does usually burn in an open-air fire, the dioxins remain after combustion and either float off into the atmosphere

Modern municipal incinerator designs include a high-temperature zone, where the flue gas is ensured to sustain a temperature above 850 °C (1,560 °F) for at least 2 seconds before it is cooled down

I couldn't get an accurate temperature from WTE plants but if they burn plastic to do it right it needs to exceed 1560f and as for bones if left a waste disposal is less concerned than the crematorium .

www.covanta.com...

The waste is transferred to a combustion chamber where self-sustaining combustion is maintained at extremely high temperatures

If you really want to do something useful to them bury them. Idealistically we should respect the circle of life we eat plants or creatures who eat plants our waste fertilizers the plants when we die bury us again feeding plants.

Including fetuses in the power generation cycle is starting us down the road to soylent green mentality humanity is reduced to a resource.

I don't know who's going to perform all those pious funerals and memorial services for all those unwanted fetuses! In the meantime

Umm maybe let Canada decide it was them shipping the fetuses to Marion County Energy-from-Waste facility that started this mess.

We can agree to disagree . I would rather my electricity be human free .

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Lostinthedarkness

If you really want to do something useful to them bury them. Idealistically we should respect the circle of life we eat plants or creatures who eat plants our waste fertilizers the plants when we die bury us again feeding plants.

Yeah, but we don't that now with the people that we do bury. They're encased in a lined coffin covered in cement, certainly they aren't being recycled back to earth.

As for me I'm torn. I've always liked the idea of being able to sit in the middle of fire and feel no pain! But, on the other hand, I like the idea of melting slowly back into mother natures breast.

edit on 27-4-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

I like the idea of melting slowly back into mother natures breast.

We agree on one thing .That is what I want done. No embalming nothing no plastic, no box just earth. The box and cement and formaldehyde is just ludicrous.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join