It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Think I Saw Either a UFO or a Secret Military Aircraft Last Night

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: cvsouth

I believe that there are triangle craft flying the skies. Some human made others not. So I believe you've seen flying triangles too. Lots of people have. I personally don't believe that if humans have made a flying triangle shaped craft it's the tr-3b. I don't buy the tr-3b story. But I do believe the "I saw a flying triangle craft doing amazing things" story since I've seen one too. I know of a trucker who saw one while parked on the side of the road near the california/ arizona boarder. Watched it do something very similar to what I saw. He saw it about 6 months ago. SO we are not alone.

Meanwhile, looks like my thread has been moved to the grey area. Guess no picks or it didn't happen. So now it's not about UFO's or Military Planes or witnesses reporting what they saw. Just some guy who's thread apparently is being suspected for being full of crap...or in nice ats terms "for the purpose of vetting the stories of thread-starters by the ATS membership at large. By nature, The Gray Area tends to involve unproven claims and anecdotal testimony that may arouse skepticism in some members." great way to discredit people who have actually seen something real, even if it's in an unlikely location, because they can't violate the laws of physics and get a camera out of their pocket in time to take a snap shot of a craft as it zips by at unbelievable speeds. Probably pissed off someone who actually does know what I saw.

So I'll butt out of ATS and not share here anymore. Since it went over so well. I'll take my sighting to a legit reporting site for UFOs.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I wonder what the odds are? Walking the dog this morning, I again saw the same type of object as I posted earlier in the thread. Very difficult to capture on the lens of an iphone as it was small in the sky. So just pointing the iphone in the general direction of it, doesn't necessarily yield desired results. Only one of the 6 or so pics captured it along with a commercial flight.

Since the images we're able to upload here provide little utility - they're way too small - I've posted links to photobucket images.

The first is the general view of the sky with the commercial jet at the upper left and just above the Barclays Center. The subject object is in the pic but not visible because of size. The next pic is an enlargement.

Pic 1

The second is a cropped enlargement of the commercial jet and the object.

Pic2

The object traversed the sky from right to left in about 15 seconds, possibly 20 and is why it was difficult to capture. It was moving very quickly, but it's movement was very different that the jet. For some reason, my impression was it's not thrust through the sky like a jet. It's almost as if gravity and the atmosphere have no effect upon it. Think of how the point of a laser passes over a surface. It's not influence by an atmospheric elements.

I know some will say the object is another jet farther off in the distance, but from my vantage point it was not a winged craft. It was either oblong or oval and without wings. Coincidentally, it came from the same direction as the other I posted about.

edit on 79505Saturdayk22 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Oh they have. There are a couple of aircraft flying out that way right now. At least one will go grey soon.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Bilk22

As to it's movements being uneffected by the atmosphere as if it weren't using conventional propulsion or wasn't :cutting" through the actual atmosphere I COMPLETELY BELIEVE YOU. Having seen an object just recently over a city do the same type of thing.

The object you captured in the second photo does seem much higher than the commercial plane. Wonder if it's being picked up on radar? If it's being "ignored" by radar? Or if radar can even pick up what you saw to begin with. Either way odd that these things are flying over major cities. Also do you notice any regularity t when you see these objects? Might form a pattern.

If it's ET craft then well...not much we can do about it. If it's human craft then I say Stop flying your secret craft over large cities. Even if you are doing it really really fast and quiet. We can still SEE you. take that R&D crap elsewhere if you really really want this stuff to stay a secret.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

The Grey Area has nothing to do with you "being full of crap". It's for personal stories that may not have been able to get proof, in this case a picture. It's like Skunk Works, but for personal sightings.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I believe you about something going grey in the near future. Other than this thread. But what I saw was very very fast. If it's govt. Then DAMN!!! Nobody can catch this thing if it doesn't want to be. But the speed is a stretch for human tech. Even for what I would expect something "several" years advanced to what the public knows about. But if secret craft then why be so stupid to fly it over Los Angeles. Hiding it in plane sight?

Also whats "oh they have" referring to?

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Maybe I'm being a little sensitive but hey it's in ATS own words what the Grey Area is used for. I even quoted part of it. There seem to be threads in other forums with no substance other than speculation and it doesn't get moved. No offense but it does seem shady.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Engine advancement.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

By the way this isn't a dig against you personally Zaphod. I actually quite respect you and your posts and threads. You are one of the few that make ATS actually worth while these days to visit.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   

We don't see everything, and sometimes it doesn't get alerted. If the mod sees it and decides to leave it the rest of us might never know it's there.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

If anyone here is believable it's you. If you say engine advancement has exceeded my perceptions of the technology by vast amounts then I believe you. I saw something travel very very fast and quiet. Didn't seem to be using jet engines or making contact with the actual air molecules (the whole dead quiet not even tearing through the air part, moving almost as gracefully as a search light)

There are ways I could theoretically think this is possible using known modern technologies. And if those new technologies are responsible for what I saw then DAMN!!!! Obama wasn't bluffing when he said the US is much more advanced then the rest of the world.

If what I saw was human made then cool I guess. But what I saw was leaps and bounds more advanced than anything I've ever thought possible. Maybe Ben Rich wasn't senile when he made some of his more colorful statements regarding black tech right before he passed away.

Either way, what I saw is ultimately none of my business. Just wanted to share that I saw something remarkable.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

We don't see everything, and sometimes it doesn't get alerted. If the mod sees it and decides to leave it the rest of us might never know it's there.

Gotcha, wont even comment on that one. It's plausible that threads that are purely speculative with hundreds of posts are missed entirely by the mods and never get moved. Not a convenient way to tuck things away at all.

I'll let the forum move thing go.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   

You have to remember how many posts there are in a day, vs how many mods, and how long we can be online.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
First off not saying you did not see something, I believe you think you saw something!!

However, I am unsure why people put up threads like this, a brief story "I saw something in the sky, not a plane or drone etc etc".

With everything that happens to be in our skies these days it is impossible for anyone on a forum to get even remotely excited with another story from a conspiracy person. Without anything resembling some evidence for us too look at and discuss, it becomes what it is...a vague and irrelevant story that could or could not be made up!

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: projectbane

Not I think I saw something. It's I saw something and I can rule out what it wasn't. Which leaves two options as previously discussed.

I'm not really much of a "conspiracy person" I'm just reporting what I saw. And initially asking if anyone else has seen something similar. The sighting isn't irrelevant. If a whale biologist gets reports from fishermen that they saw a pair of humpback whales near a location it's probably not irrelevant to the whale biologist. My thread may have been irrelevant to you. But to say it's simply irrelevant because theres no pictures is pretty arrogant. Shouldn't 99% of the cryptozoology forum be placed in the "grey area"

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
a reply to: Bilk22

As to it's movements being uneffected by the atmosphere as if it weren't using conventional propulsion or wasn't :cutting" through the actual atmosphere I COMPLETELY BELIEVE YOU. Having seen an object just recently over a city do the same type of thing.

The object you captured in the second photo does seem much higher than the commercial plane. Wonder if it's being picked up on radar? If it's being "ignored" by radar? Or if radar can even pick up what you saw to begin with. Either way odd that these things are flying over major cities. Also do you notice any regularity t when you see these objects? Might form a pattern.

If it's ET craft then well...not much we can do about it. If it's human craft then I say Stop flying your secret craft over large cities. Even if you are doing it really really fast and quiet. We can still SEE you. take that R&D crap elsewhere if you really really want this stuff to stay a secret.
Both images are of the same photo. The second is cropped from the first. As you can see, or more accurately, you cannot see the object in the first pic. The first was to give perspective, and relative sizes. The plane was flying the opposite direction from the object. The object was farther from me than the plane, based on my perspective.

I know it can be anything, but living where I do, in the flight approach corridors for 3 major airports, I see all sorts of civilian and even sometimes military craft. I also see many commuter, traffic and news helicopters. As the crow flies, I'm 3 miles from Manhattan. I can walk to and across the Brooklyn Bridge in about 15 - 20 minutes. There's a lot of air traffic here. The last two sightings are not usual. They didn't appear to be birds. They would have to be tremendous birds if they were. Nothing that I believe, is still in existence, would be that large.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Geez Bilk! Know it's bad luck to wish for something evil but I want to see something cool in the sky at least!

Living in new york atm?

/edit tired and confused

edit on 28-4-2014 by threepwood because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
It's sad ATS is such a rough place, keep it up BASSPLYR!

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

I wouldn't take having your thread "greyed" personally... anecdotal sightings are literally common. Without some photographic proof then it's slapped into the grey area... at least they didn't put you in the hoax bin!

To pontificate a bit... I think many of these things are exotic military craft... beyond question. But it's hard to tell and I'm sure many of them are alien, too... especially since we've been seeing them since the early days of jets (at least). My father was an Air Force Col. and saw two orange lit saucers bouncing around the desert sky in Nevada back in 1952, along with a highway full of witnesses, for a few hours ... and he was quite positive they weren't "ours."

I've seen some lights at night doing things no conventional craft could possibly do. But I've had a couple closer looks... one I saw in the 1980's ... a diamond shaped thing with eight sides, orange lit panels separated by black framing, and the size of a van that floated silently through my neighborhood in the wee hours... it sure seemed more "alien" to me... but I could be wrong... it woke me up and somehow was "in my head" but that part's fuzzy... my Aunt was sneaking a cigarette on the back porch and said it circled the house twice and was oddly blase' about the whole thing... I was freaking out and she seemed way too calm. I got her to draw it the next morning and then she dropped the whole experience... weird. Cognitive dissonance or some brainwashing ray? Heh... the drawing matched what I saw, though.

I just saw the weird orange light through my bedroom drapes ...ran outside and watched as it left when it was already a block away. That event, along with the big daytime, white cylinder hanging in the air completely still are my two biggies... but they're just stories to anyone else.

A relative saw an egg shaped vehicle piloted by a typical 'grey' alien with rubbery arms "like spaghetti" that followed his car on a highway in rural Illinois... and 20 years later he will still not go out at night because of it.

Another relative, a rather unimaginative housewife who was almost too 'down to earth,' saw the Strieber book with an alien on the cover in a mall bookstore and had a meltdown... got a flood of memories about abduction, being on a train with soldiers who morphed into aliens... medical procedures and odder things... and then would never, ever talk about it again.

Stories is all we got, except for the occasional lucky photo or trace... and of course the faction of the govt. that probably knows everything... but when you know the folks and can gauge their honesty and sanity, the stories alone can be very convincing.

So I've been convinced there is a presence(s) on Earth that could be termed "alien." They seem to have advanced tech... they might be grabbing and studying us... but anything else is really just conjecture. The 'near' fact that something is here and in such numbers is sure surprising and just causes a cascade of questions. It's frustrating... but very, very important I would think.

edit on 4/29/2014 by Baddogma because: add stuff

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   
It DOES seem like ATS has gotten much better with their new low tolerance to all kinds of arguments so there is defently hope to us that want to keep this site and subject rolling! Trying to get my picture sent to someone who will be respsible enough not to post it online untill I say so.. Just have to sort out some rough stuff IRL first. PM me if you are that person
edit on 6-5-2014 by threepwood because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-5-2014 by threepwood because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join