It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here's the Right's Political Hero; Showing His True Colors

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientiaFortisDefendit

originally posted by: olaru12

Liberals have nothing more to offer this country, as they ever had anything, so they must attack their opposition and the people whom their opposition supports. It is that simple.

So the Right wing doesn't attack the opposition?

Don't let your ideology get in the way of your common sense!!

The classy thing for the conservatives to do would be to get away from racism and racist remarks soon as they can. The GoP and conservatives candidates in general cant win without minorities and women. So far they have alienated both and will suffer the consequences.

This midterm is going to be a circus......bring in the clowns!!!

Just to refresh your memory, the KKK were democrats. Democrats resisted the civil rights movement. MLK was Republican. Shall I go on?

Please peddle your revisionist history elsewhere.

No. Please do some basic research. Southern Democrats, such as the Dixiecrats, resisted the Civil Rights movement. Those people are now Republicans. Nixon and the Southern Strategy, remember? The Rockefeller Republicans on the other hand have been shoved out of the party and are now Democrats or Independents. Politics seldom stays the same.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

When did Senator Byrd of West Virginia switch to the Republican Party? (he didn't)

He was the senior US Senator (D) that was a grand Kleagle or whatever in the Ku Klux Klan.
edit on b000000302014-04-24T14:14:07-05:0002America/ChicagoThu, 24 Apr 2014 14:14:07 -0500200000014 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

originally posted by: olaru12

Liberals have nothing more to offer this country, as they ever had anything, so they must attack their opposition and the people whom their opposition supports. It is that simple.

So the Right wing doesn't attack the opposition?

Don't let your ideology get in the way of your common sense!!

The classy thing for the conservatives to do would be to get away from racism and racist remarks soon as they can. The GoP and conservatives candidates in general cant win without minorities and women. So far they have alienated both and will suffer the consequences.

This midterm is going to be a circus......bring in the clowns!!!

Just to refresh your memory, the KKK were democrats. Democrats resisted the civil rights movement. MLK was Republican. Shall I go on?

Please peddle your revisionist history elsewhere.

No. Please do some basic research. Southern Democrats, such as the Dixiecrats, resisted the Civil Rights movement. Those people are now Republicans. Nixon and the Southern Strategy, remember? The Rockefeller Republicans on the other hand have been shoved out of the party and are now Democrats or Independents. Politics seldom stays the same.

The Civil Rights Era Dems are not GOP, they're no longer serving. The GOP is still full of Rockefeller types, they're commonly referred to as Republicans In Name Only.

It is your opinion that the GOP is chock full o' racists. There are definitely some there but let's not let the Dems off the hook for this. The Civil Rights Era was just a little before my time but in my lifetime the most racist idea I've seen put forward by a political party, by far, was the notion that if you want to stop crime all you have to do is hand basketballs to black kids at midnight. Nothing else even comes close to that kind of inherent racist belief by practically an entire political party.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

When did Senator Byrd of West Virginia switch to the Republican Party?

He was the senior US Senator that was a grand Kleagle or whatever in the Ku Klux Klan.

Racism isn't confined to a single party and never has been but current conservative thought and talking points ala Rush; are certainly trying to cement an anti minority meme into the rightwing mind set and it's working quite well. Politically it's going to be a disaster.
Most Americans are moderate and alienating women, minorities, gays is a prescription for failure.

I know ATS has shifted to the RIGHT but keep in mind; most Americans don't know ATS from shineola, don't really care about conspiracies and care much more about high school sports than politics.

also senior citizens are increasingly becoming afraid of the GOP and their small govt. harangue. They will vote in mass against any politician that threatens their SS, medicare or Medicaid. Geezers are usually conservative but they are one issue voters. The GOP needs to be very careful not to piss them off because the Dembs are masters of spin and appeal to targeted demographics.

Politics is a big big money game and foolish ideologies wrapped around hate [negative campaigns] turns people off in the current paradigm.

It was an honor and a pleasure to work for Gary Johnson and the Libertarians last go round. The "people like you" dirty hippy lib insults fall on deaf ears. The Libertarians welcome all who haven't let their ideologies get in the way of their common sense.
edit on 24-4-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12
A smart person would trust neither party.

A smart person would also keep history in mind, as it repeats itself. To deny history is to delude oneself.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

A smart person would trust neither party.

A smart person would also keep history in mind, as it repeats itself. To deny history is to delude oneself.

I agree...you missed my edit! I'm an ex republican; switched to the thinking mans party, the Libertarians. The GOP can thank Sarah Palin for my switch. Her goofy mind set pretty much epitomizes the GOP now.
The Libertarians, know how to party, live and let live and prefer that those suffering from intellectual constipation; keep it to themselves

edit on 24-4-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Agreed.

A great part about being Libertarian is that the Dems and Repubs both hate you but want your vote (thereby outing themselves as the political whores that they truly are).
edit on b000000302014-04-24T14:55:23-05:0002America/ChicagoThu, 24 Apr 2014 14:55:23 -0500200000014 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I listened to the full video "interview" and to a radio rebuttal by Bundy.

Sounds like he was making a comparison.

Didn't sound all that "racist" to me.

Poor choice for the comparison, but a comparison.

No genuine hate detected.

two videos....two posts

1. www.abovetopsecret.com...

2. www.abovetopsecret.com...

"Compare" to the edited video.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: MrPenny
Those "patriots" are really someone to get behind, aren't they? .

Him being a bigot has nothing to do with the fact that Harry Reid is killing cattle and destroying rare turtles ... and trying a massive land grab so that he can make tons of money while holding hands with China. But I'm sure Harry Reid will try to use the fact that the man is a bigot as an excuse to land grab ...

You make a good point.

It shouldn't distract from the issue.

Him being a small mind raciest doesn't distract from the bigger issue of federal overreach and political cronyism.

Ok he may be a despicable human being but he still has rights.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

No no no!

WE only afford rights to people who are nice and politically correct and support the government!

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

originally posted by: crazyewok

No no no!

WE only afford rights to people who are nice and politically correct and support the government!

OOO is that how it works now in the USA

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Agreed.

A great part about being Libertarian is that the Dems and Repubs both hate you but want your vote.

We at least have honorable candidates that care about the Citizens of this country rather than Corporate sponsorship with it's accompanying greed and corruption.

We have no illusions that anything will change the Corporate Oligarchy but perhaps someday in the future people will be ready to listen to the voice of reason...........nah, who am I kidding!

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I revise my earlier statement. I just went back and reread Bundy's statement.

“They abort their young children, they put their young men in jail, because they never learned how to pick cotton," Bundy said. "And I’ve often wondered, are they better off as slaves, picking cotton and having a family life and doing things, or are they better off under government subsidy? They didn’t get no more freedom. They got less freedom.”

That's about the most racist, ignorant thing I ever read. To imply that anyone is better off under slavery or even consider that thought is disgusting to me.

But allow me to edit to add: The Militia/BLM thing at his ranch is a totally separate issue, in that whenever anyone can fight our police state, it's worth doing for whatever reason. That was a win for America, it's just too bad that it took a DBag to do it.
edit on 24-4-2014 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

When did Senator Byrd of West Virginia switch to the Republican Party? (he didn't)

He was the senior US Senator (D) that was a grand Kleagle or whatever in the Ku Klux Klan.

Yes, and he regretted it afterwards and even apologised about it. Not that he could be described as a true deep-South Dixiecrat. Just as not every Rockefeller Republican left the party!

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Did he regret it when he said this in 2001 in an interview with Tony Snow?

There are white 'n-word's. I've seen a lot of white 'n-word's in my time, if you want to use that word.

Byrd's use of the term "white 'n-word'" created immediate controversy.

Source

A leopard doesn't change it's spots.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Did he regret it when he said this in 2001 in an interview with Tony Snow?

There are white 'n-word's. I've seen a lot of white 'n-word's in my time, if you want to use that word.

Byrd's use of the term "white 'n-word'" created immediate controversy.

Source

A leopard doesn't change it's spots.

So he used a nasty word. That doesn't negate his apology for being in the KKK. And this still has nothing to do with this thread.

I note by the way that Mr Bundy has doubled down on his comments on slavery here. The man's an idiot.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Well, one good thing about this whole "Bundy is a racist" thing is that for the first time in almost 2 months, I turned on CNN and they were not talking about Flight 370.

I'd love to see what goes in to deciding what stories they cover.

Government snipers taking aim on citizens? Let's talk about Flight 370.

Bureau of Land Management creating a BS excuse about protecting turtles, then killing them? Let's talk about Flight 370.

Senior Democratic Senator using the BLM to grab land for a sweetheart deal with the Chinese? Let's talk about Flight 370.

Old white man says something that can be interpreted as racist? Woah, we got a new story here!

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
two videos....two posts

1. www.abovetopsecret.com...

2. www.abovetopsecret.com...
"Compare" to the edited video.

Anyone else notice that there is a "stop" in the full video also,
as if the camera was turned off and on...the words do not seem
to make sense there, like many sentences were cut out?

Yeah, and why does Harry Reid get away with saying very similar comments,
or...even worse because they were about Barack Obama's
"Negro Dialect"!?

quote Reid as saying privately that Obama, as a black
candidate,
could be successful thanks, in part, to his
"light-skinned" appearance
and speaking patterns
"with no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one."

www.cnn.com...

I mean, its only wrong/ unforgivable when someone else does it?

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ThinkingCap

So: Now if you are against corrupt laws you are a racist, thanks to this idiot Bundy.
Interesting psyop here, these guys are always polishing their little game.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join