It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here's the Right's Political Hero; Showing His True Colors

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phoenix

originally posted by: luciddream
a reply to: Phoenix

Lets stick to the topic.

Start a new thread if you wanted to discuss some democratic racist

Its contextual to point out hypocrisy from one of the involved players in the Bundy Ranch fiasco.

I have yet to see a video or hear audio of Bundy making such statements and until that happens I have to consider the NYT story as a hit piece to discredit Bundy but there is no question about Reid's racism as he had to apologize the following week after that story broke.

Injecting racism into this situation is just wrong because it has absolutely nothing to do with issues at hand.
The way and manner in which that quote appears in the article is very strange to say the least. It was just tossed in it like a bomb. There were obviously comments the preceded it that might put it into context of some sort, yet those comments/statements are omitted. The author of the article doesn't even address the quote by Bundy. They just stuck it in there and then moved past it like it was a ghost statement. Obviously this would be the bigger story and part of the headline, but that's not the case in terms of the original intent of the article nor the title for the article. Yet it has become the essence of the article. Very odd.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: stirling

We only compare them to the white people to illustrate their inabilitie

some bright spark just tried to get away with the same thing in this topic

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: luciddream

Thinking of using women and children as meat shield doesn't make him a racist, it makes him a coward.

Pretty sure the 'women and children' thing was debunked. Please stop spreading misinfo to further your argument. Thanks.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Well it's all starting.

Rand Paul and others .......

Clive Bundy on Blacks This one has the video, but it too is edited to begin with the statement and does not have what was spoken prior.

Clive Bundy is obviously not well educated. It's clear in his speech. He also obviously said some wrong things, but I suspect they were stated incorrectly to what he was intending to say which is, becoming dependent upon the government for sustenance is no greater freedom than slavery.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Bilk22

For a speech that was supposedly 'racist,' there was a distinct lack of racist speech. How many racists use the word 'negro?' They usually use another N word. Why would he not say that, if he was a hater-relic from a bygone era? Some people want there to be more to some things that there is. My first thought when I read this bit on Yahoo! this morning was; "Well there's that something that Reid was talking about." Odd timing, eh?

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrPenny

“I want to tell you one more thing I know about the Negro,” he said. Mr. Bundy recalled driving past a public-housing project in North Las Vegas, “and in front of that government house the door was usually open and the older people and the kids — and there is always at least a half a dozen people sitting on the porch — they didn’t have nothing to do. They didn’t have nothing for their kids to do. They didn’t have nothing for their young girls to do."[...] “And because they were basically on government subsidy, so now what do they do?” he asked. “They abort their young children, they put their young men in jail, because they never learned how to pick cotton. And I’ve often wondered, are they better off as slaves, picking cotton and having a family life and doing things, or are they better off under government subsidy? They didn’t get no more freedom. They got less freedom.” NYTimes

Those "patriots" are really someone to get behind, aren't they? I'm curious to see how fast the media plug this dumbass's access to a microphone. The idea that Cliven Bundy is held up as some kind of icon for the political right is disgusting.....and revealing.

Discuss.

a reply to: MrPenny
Are We Better Off 50 Years After The Civil Rights Act?

Hey all you outright and/or closet bigots out there - Listen up to a great man, an honest man, and a good man. Pastor Manning is a good black man and a preacher of the "Word." Having been a involuntary subject and victim of his white slave/masters here in America, he is also a reformed felon - God Bless the man who has the courage to amend his former ways.

youtu.be...

In case you were wondering - No, I ain't black, but I am Catholic!

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: willcallzzzzz

Pastor Manning? Seriously? The crazy guy who wants to stone gay people?

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chronogoblin

For a speech that was supposedly 'racist,' there was a distinct lack of racist speech. How many racists use the word 'negro?' They usually use another N word. Why would he not say that, if he was a hater-relic from a bygone era? Some people want there to be more to some things that there is. My first thought when I read this bit on Yahoo! this morning was; "Well there's that something that Reid was talking about." Odd timing, eh?

saying they should learn to pick cotton is pretty racist.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
You all were quick to believe the media when they portrayed him as a hero, but now more facts are coming out and you wanna live in your make believe world. He isn't a hero, he never was, so who are you siding with now? Will you stand with the racist and bigots or not?
edit on 24-4-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-4-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrPenny
Those "patriots" are really someone to get behind, aren't they? .

Him being a bigot has nothing to do with the fact that Harry Reid is killing cattle and destroying rare turtles ... and trying a massive land grab so that he can make tons of money while holding hands with China. But I'm sure Harry Reid will try to use the fact that the man is a bigot as an excuse to land grab ...

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

saying they should learn to pick cotton is pretty racist.
I think to be somewhat objective here, after emancipation, people were paid to pick cotton. That may have been his point. Getting paid rather than waiting for the government to hand out their pittance.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
NY times liberal rag. So Bundy is a racist why? Because he uses a no-longer "PC" term like "negroes"? Because he is trying to articulate that government subsidies are worse than slavery? He is not saying that "negroes" should still be slaves, but the liberal media is going to spin it that way, aren't they? He is saying that living under government subsidies, they have NOTHING to occupy their time, and that having JOBS would be a better alternative than what they have now. He's just not that good at articulating his thoughts. He is a cattle rancher, not a rocket surgeon.

Liberals have nothing more to offer this country, as they ever had anything, so they must attack their opposition and the people whom their opposition supports. It is that simple.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

So how much did Reid pay for this hack job? Just saying...news services can be bought and sold nowadays.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bilk22
think to be somewhat objective here, after emancipation, people were paid to pick cotton. That may have been his point. Getting paid rather than waiting for the government to hand out their pittance.

O come on!

Stop trying to rationalize this. Its pathetic.

Bundy said a crappy thing. I mean he is only human, certainly no saint.
edit on 24-4-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientiaFortisDefendit

Liberals have nothing more to offer this country, as they ever had anything, so they must attack their opposition and the people whom their opposition supports. It is that simple.

So the Right wing doesn't attack the opposition?

Don't let your ideology get in the way of your common sense!!

The classy thing for the conservatives to do would be to get away from racism and racist remarks soon as they can. The GoP and conservatives candidates in general cant win without minorities and women. So far they have alienated both and will suffer the consequences.

This midterm is going to be a circus......bring in the clowns!!!

edit on 24-4-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Here is the video for those who did not see it.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: ScientiaFortisDefendit

So the Right wing doesn't attack the opposition?

Don't let your ideology get in the way of your common sense!!

The classy thing for the conservatives to do would be to get away from racism and racist remarks soon as they can. The GoP and conservatives candidates in general cant win without minorities and women. So far they have alienated both and will suffer the consequences.

This midterm is going to be a circus......bring in the clowns!!!

Just to refresh your memory, the KKK were democrats. Democrats resisted the civil rights movement. MLK was Republican. Shall I go on?

Please peddle your revisionist history elsewhere.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientiaFortisDefendit

Stop hiding behind that crap. Not gonna work, its easy to tell which political side is more racist.

this is from another post.

The democrats of today is not the democrats from those day. There are still racist democrats, the amount is low and not compared to the 60s..

Why? They switched their party affiliations to Republicans. A party that fit their value more, unlike the new dirty communist of today.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Pretty sure the 'women and children' thing was debunked. Please stop spreading misinfo to further your argument. Thanks.

Don't remember anyone mentioning Children as Human Shields. But Women....."Debunked"?

Hardly....

edit on 24-4-2014 by BritofTexas because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: BritofTexas

If you think they can defend his new rant. They already debunked that in their heads whether his previous statement is true or false. Its bundy's fake "patriotism" blinding people.

People are getting high off bundy's free grass. *wink*

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join