It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here's the Right's Political Hero; Showing His True Colors

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

The democrats of today is not the democrats from those day. There are still racist democrats, the amount is low and not compared to the 60s..

Why? They switched their party affiliations to Republicans. A party that fit their value more, unlike the new dirty communist of today.

Communist or racists, pick your choice!

The right likes to use broad brush a lot of time regarding many issues. It is ok to use it on them once in a while.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Seems a pandering hit piece designed to make an attempt to tie a presidential run By Rand Paul to racism. The article basically mentions people not tied to Bundy but attempts to make associations. I believe for later use during the election season.

I question the veracity of this simply because it comes from the paper of record for all causes progressive. Give me video and audio and I'll feel different.

Nonetheless NYT is making subtle connections that cannot be made.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: Bilk22

Maybe the reporter should add the full quote with the questions as well so we can make our own determinations. Seems quite a lot is missing from "the interview".

I would think that there would be an audio of the interview...or video?
A photographer was present with the reporter.
It could be a hit piece for the Feds. We do know that at least some of the MSM are in bed with the feds....if not all of them.

This was not an interview. Those were Bundy's words as he was speaking to a gathering of his supporters. Still, I expect that there is audio/video somewhere out there.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: LeatherNLace

originally posted by: Bilk22

Maybe the reporter should add the full quote with the questions as well so we can make our own determinations. Seems quite a lot is missing from "the interview".

I would think that there would be an audio of the interview...or video?
A photographer was present with the reporter.
It could be a hit piece for the Feds. We do know that at least some of the MSM are in bed with the feds....if not all of them.

This was not an interview. Those were Bundy's words as he was speaking to a gathering of his supporters. Still, I expect that there is audio/video somewhere out there.

I am surprised the audio/video isn't out there for us to see yet.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phoenix
Seems a pandering hit piece designed to make an attempt to tie a presidential run By Rand Paul to racism. The article basically mentions people not tied to Bundy but attempts to make associations. I believe for later use during the election season.

I question the veracity of this simply because it comes from the paper of record for all causes progressive. Give me video and audio and I'll feel different.

Nonetheless NYT is making subtle connections that cannot be made.

If you cannot find the articles that have quotes from various Republican politicians offering support, I feel sorry for you...

The younger Mr. Paul also appealed for the Bundy family, which does not recognize the federal government’s jurisdiction over the disputed lands, to seek redress nonviolently. “I hope it’ll go through a court,” he said “But if it were in a court, I would be siding and wanting to say that, look, the states and the individuals in the state should own these lands.” Read more: www.washingtontimes.com... Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

That's one example.

And he doesn't need to stand there and say "I love Mr. Bundy...I'd massage Mr. Bundy's feet after a day ropin' cattle....why, I'd marry off my daughter to a Bundy boy....", all it takes is a little nudge like the quote above to smear that bonehead cowboy with a veneer of legitimacy with the lowest common denominator.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: luciddream

It is ok to use it on them once in a while.

Sorry, but I disagree. Two wrongs don't make a right.

And my reference to Democrats wanting to keep blacks on the plantation.... it was referring to the newer Democrats. They have kept LBJ's (he was a racist) Great Society and used it to keep blacks depressed, both economically and psychologically.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrPenny

If you cannot find the articles that have quotes from various Republican politicians offering support, I feel sorry for you...

The younger Mr. Paul also appealed for the Bundy family, which does not recognize the federal government’s jurisdiction over the disputed lands, to seek redress nonviolently. “I hope it’ll go through a court,” he said “But if it were in a court, I would be siding and wanting to say that, look, the states and the individuals in the state should own these lands.” Read more: www.washingtontimes.com... Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

That sounds to me more like the younger Mr. Paul is siding more with the 10th amendment and state's rights, than siding with Mr. Bundy or his ideals. Which is exactly what I would expect him to do. States rights =/= support for the rancher, racism or any of the above.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: youdidntseeme

originally posted by: MrPenny

That sounds to me more like the younger Mr. Paul is siding more with the 10th amendment and state's rights, than siding with Mr. Bundy or his ideals. Which is exactly what I would expect him to do. States rights =/= support for the rancher, racism or any of the above.

In fact, Rand Paul has denounced Bundy's comments...

“His remarks on race are offensive and I wholeheartedly disagree with him,” Paul said in a statement. Read more: www.politico.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: MrPenny

He's got a right to his opinion. He doesn't have a right to graze cattle on public land for free for life.

I've met so many people of his age that are absolute bigots. All it takes is a little spark to get the fires of candor going. This is America. Face it. The only solution is for them to die off.

BTW, if anyone out there is his age bracket and grew up in his culture and isn't a total bigot, I applaud you. People don't appreciate how much courage and integrity it takes to swim against that tide. You should get a citizenship medal. Seriously.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
After reading that quote all I could think of was this gem and its irony.

Mods...I know I'm pushing it on this one but a little levity in this situation may be needed please dont be too hard on me.
edit on 24-4-2014 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlphaHawk
a reply to: MrPenny

Well I suppose it was inevitable..

The character assassination begins.

I'll reserve judgement until I hear it, but right now the way he's been quoted it sounds like he's stuck in the 1870's when his family took over the ranch.

If true, he's fulfilling his racist, redneck cowboy stereotype by stereotyping African Americans.

Yes, but they haven't been there since the 1870's - he's been telling porkies. They've been there since the late 1940's and they didn't start grazing cattle there until the early 1950's.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   

And my reference to Democrats wanting to keep blacks on the plantation.... it was referring to the newer Democrats. They have kept LBJ's (he was a racist) Great Society and used it to keep blacks depressed, both economically and psychologically.

Erm, LBJ passed the Civil Rights Act.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I never understood how one thing a person says or does just nullifies a larger occurrence.

If we can all take advantage of the work of Nazi doctors despite all the horrible things they did I'm sure we can accept that the fed is overstepping in places despite the racist ramblings of some old senile man.

We've all forgotten the Democrats Klanbake convention and embrace them as the party of "equality" don't we?

We've all forgotten the Republicans who emancipated the slaves and passed Civil Rights legislation over the dissenting Democrats only to become the party of "exclusion" havent we?

So who gives two whits if some old crank says something racist? It doesnt mean jack to the greater issues.

Oh, I know. It was good that the feds shot Vicki Weaver for doing nothing because her husband was "racist" so when the feds fire on the "women and children" at the ranch it'll be good because Bundy is racist.

Awesome how that works.

I hereby declare you racist so I can do just about any horrible thing I want to you and the public will cheer and clap.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

Erm, LBJ passed the Civil Rights Act.

ERM, here is a link to the Wikipedia page for LBJ's Great Society. Link

Thomas Sowell, a conservative, argues that the Great Society programs only contributed to the destruction of African American families, saying "the black family, which had survived centuries of slavery and discrimination, began rapidly disintegrating in the liberal welfare state that subsidized unwed pregnancy and changed welfare from an emergency rescue to a way of life."

Erm... here is a quote from the vaunted LBJ....

“I’ll have those n----rs voting Democratic for the next 200 years.” —Lyndon B. Johnson to two governors on Air Force One -

Not a racist, eh?
How about this... from a 1957 speech:

“These Negroes, they’re getting pretty uppity these days and that’s a problem for us since they’ve got something now they never had before, the political pull to back up their uppityness. Now we’ve got to do something about this, we’ve got to give them a little something, just enough to quiet them down, not enough to make a difference.”—LB

Canada Free Press

Reddit has more.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: thisguyrighthere
I never understood how one thing a person says or does just nullifies a larger occurrence.
So who gives two whits if some old crank says something racist? It doesnt mean jack to the greater issues.

He was a hero to many here.

the feds fire on the "women and children" at the ranch it'll be good because Bundy is racist.

Thinking of using women and children as meat shield doesn't make him a racist, it makes him a coward.

I hereby declare you racist so I can do just about any horrible thing I want to you and the public will cheer and clap.

Add it to one of the ongoing list of how to kill people.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
If we're going to go down the race baiting road on the Bundy issue then lets at least give both sides a fair hearing,

Newsbusters

Back in 2008, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) referred to then presidential candidate Barack Obama as a light-skinned African American with no Negro dialect.

Those attributes made it clear Obama was no domestic terrorist in Harry's mind

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Phoenix

Lets stick to the topic.

Start a new thread if you wanted to discuss some democratic racist

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: thisguyrighthere

Agreed, he is free to be a bigot and shout it out loud.

Unfortunately, the only thing Bundy has had in his corner, is public opinion. Now, he may have eroded some of that public goodwill because of his ceaseless love to hear his own voice and opinion.

ETA: Does he not see the irony?
His words...

And because they were basically on government subsidy,....

Um, Mr. Bundy, you haven't paid a cent to anyone to run your cattle for the past 20+ years. Sounds like you like freebies, too.

edit on 4/24/2014 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: manna2 Btw, nobody in any part of vegas do they hang out on the front porch.

I thought it was always sunny and seventy in the desert? As for the cotton picking, I never knew that was a crop that thrived in the desert, or that it's even a legitimate job opportunity anywhere. Something does sound fishy.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: luciddream
a reply to: Phoenix

Lets stick to the topic.

Start a new thread if you wanted to discuss some democratic racist

Its contextual to point out hypocrisy from one of the involved players in the Bundy Ranch fiasco.

I have yet to see a video or hear audio of Bundy making such statements and until that happens I have to consider the NYT story as a hit piece to discredit Bundy but there is no question about Reid's racism as he had to apologize the following week after that story broke.

Injecting racism into this situation is just wrong because it has absolutely nothing to do with issues at hand.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join