Here's the Right's Political Hero; Showing His True Colors

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+12 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   

“I want to tell you one more thing I know about the Negro,” he said. Mr. Bundy recalled driving past a public-housing project in North Las Vegas, “and in front of that government house the door was usually open and the older people and the kids — and there is always at least a half a dozen people sitting on the porch — they didn’t have nothing to do. They didn’t have nothing for their kids to do. They didn’t have nothing for their young girls to do."[...] “And because they were basically on government subsidy, so now what do they do?” he asked. “They abort their young children, they put their young men in jail, because they never learned how to pick cotton. And I’ve often wondered, are they better off as slaves, picking cotton and having a family life and doing things, or are they better off under government subsidy? They didn’t get no more freedom. They got less freedom.” NYTimes

Those "patriots" are really someone to get behind, aren't they? I'm curious to see how fast the media plug this dumbass's access to a microphone. The idea that Cliven Bundy is held up as some kind of icon for the political right is disgusting.....and revealing.

Discuss.
edit on 24-4-2014 by MrPenny because: add link
edit on 24-4-2014 by MrPenny because: noodles
edit on 24-4-2014 by MrPenny because: who knows?

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: MrPenny

You should add the source so that everyone can spread the quote far and wide.
There, I see it now. Thanks.
edit on b000000302014-04-24T07:48:19-05:0007America/ChicagoThu, 24 Apr 2014 07:48:19 -0500700000014 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Well he might only be excising his 1st amendment rights.

But he is still a repulsive person

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
My feet stand squarely on the right, and this is by no means a representation of my ideals...
Nor do I hold this man up to be a hero in any way shape or form.

This thread title is a bit misleading, and sensationalist.
Sensationalism...how i despise thee

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   

you know the rules..
only bill cosby can dis' black folk and get away with it
only michael moore can dis' white folk and get away with it

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Maybe the reporter should add the full quote with the questions as well so we can make our own determinations. Seems quite a lot is missing from "the interview".

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Well I suppose it was inevitable..

The character assassination begins.

I'll reserve judgement until I hear it, but right now the way he's been quoted it sounds like he's stuck in the 1870's when his family took over the ranch.

If true, he's fulfilling his racist, redneck cowboy stereotype by stereotyping African Americans.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
He has a point.....the negro never did get his freedom and equality....how can you expect them to participate in such a society except on a subsistence level...as a group....?
There are exceptions to every generalism....but the point is that there is a lower place and a lower expectation placed upon Black people in America....
We only compare them to the white people to illustrate their inabilities....forgetting that they have struggled with unequal rights for two centuries.....
It will take a large change of heart by all people to rectify this situation.....

+9 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Here's a quote from the article.

“He calls himself a patriot, and says he loves America,” Mr. O’Neill said. “And yet he says he won’t follow any federal laws. You just can’t let this go by, or everybody is going to be like, ‘If Bundy can break the law, why can’t I?’ ”

So then "everybody is going to be like, 'If the president can outright lie and get away with it, why can't I?'"

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: stirling

Nothing stops a black man or women buckling down at school and getting a education!

Last time I checked state schools were open for everyone in the US.

Can blame whitey for your problems forever. Some times you got just get on with life and stop blaming other people.

Not to excuse attitudes like Bundy in anyway, but he breed of raciest is dying. Time to ignore the views of people like him and get on with life.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
That article seems a bit off like another poster said. It seems like all they did in that article was recap everything that happened, then injected a possibly out of context comment that may appear to be racist but might not be.

I don't condone racism, but I do expect good journalism not loaded with spin. Is there a video of this interview? Because a video with the person in question actually saying that is more damning than words written by a reporter.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bilk22
a reply to: butcherguy

Maybe the reporter should add the full quote with the questions as well so we can make our own determinations. Seems quite a lot is missing from "the interview".

I would think that there would be an audio of the interview...or video?
A photographer was present with the reporter.
It could be a hit piece for the Feds. We do know that at least some of the MSM are in bed with the feds....if not all of them.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   

“He calls himself a patriot, and says he loves America,” Mr. O’Neill said. “And yet he says he won’t follow any federal laws. You just can’t let this go by, or everybody is going to be like, ‘If Bundy can break the law, why can’t I?’ ”

So then "everybody is going to be like, 'If the president can outright lie and get away with it, why can't I?'"

Or...
If the IRS officials don't pay their taxes and get bonuses.... Why do we have to pay our taxes?

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   

What are you talking about OP?

What he said is why people on the right likes him for.. they share the same value as their hero.

Clearly picking cottons would have prevented such things.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Or...
If the IRS officials don't pay their taxes and get bonuses.... Why do we have to pay our taxes?
Yeah Charlie Rangel set a good example, didn't he? Got off scot-free.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
yea that article is a political hit piece.

this makes me suspicious.

He said he would continue holding a daily news conference; on Saturday, it drew one reporter and one photographer,

so only one reporter, one photographer showed up and they don't say who they were, or what news sources/ network they worked for.

half the article was about rand paul, trying to make him look bad for supporting this man.
and honestly how many people have not driven through a neighborhood and seen the exact same thing.
now the picking cotton and slavery was a bit over the top, could have picked his words a little better. but he was right about being a slave to the welfare system.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: luciddream

What are you talking about OP?

What he said is why people on the right likes him for.. they share the same value as their hero.

Clearly picking cottons would have prevented such things.

You are using a very broad brush there.
I know plenty of right wing people that are black.
Do you suppose that they wish to be back on a plantation? The left are the ones guilty of keeping blacks on a plantation, albeit a new one.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I wish i could get tax break like he did.

Oh wait its illegal.

Support "Illegal" activities when it suits them lol.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
The bundy ranch is 1 hr or more from north las vegas.

so where did this press conference take place where you could be "driving by" a house in north town AND what government house? There's a timewarp in this I think. Btw, nobody in any part of vegas do they hang out on the front porch.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   

You don't give people much time, do you? The article is from yesterday. You think the average guy following the story should have known about this back when the BLM thing was still ongoing?

I also hope that you're not suggesting that people shouldn't support what they see as Mr. Bundy's property rights just because of an opinion he holds that has nothing to do with the BLM?

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join