It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prayers for an evictee. A victim of cicumstance!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Hello

Tonight I witnessed an eviction, as my gf, who is a landlord, evicted a non paying non tenant from her flat!

I was there, as my gf called directly for my support and so I went along to keep her satisfied and happy!

It went mostly smoothly and I am content to have done my particular bit for my gf!

However, there is somebody who is suddenly on the streets with nowhere to go to sleep tonight!

It is not very cold but it can get very cold late at night where I am!

There, but for the grace of God, go I!

So I respectfully ask you to contemplate what you have right now and may that last long time coming.

If you could spare a though and or a prayer for those less fortunate than you tonight I would deeply appreciate that!

May God comfort those in need! Amen!

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   
So you helped evict someone from there house and now you want to say a prayer for them?
Sorry but that sounds real hypocritical. Landlords are just as shady as the government imo.
Food clothes and shelter should be free for all

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annunak1
Sorry but that sounds real hypocritical. Landlords are just as shady as the government imo.

You know, if they had let the tennant stay, it would be at their cost ... still not free. I don't see how this guy and his gf are hypocrits because of your imagined, idealistic scenario of free housing.

edit on 24-4-2014 by BelowLowAnnouncement because: grammar/punctuation

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   

So you helped evict someone from there house and now you want to say a prayer for them?

Sure, maybe... but they're not. Not paying doesn't suddenly mean that the person who owns the place doesn't have expenses either.

A business can't give it all away for nothing.

More appropriately on topic: there are support systems available that can help. It's up to this person now to seek those out.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: BelowLowAnnouncement

Thank you for your reply!

I deeply appreciate you pointing out that fact!

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: CrikeyMagnet

Yes indeed there are and I hope that they make themselves available for the opportunity that those resources present!

But having no job, no money, no car and their stuff needing sudden emergency storage etc. make that a hard task to start with!

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: DietJoke

Certainly,this wasn't sudden or unexpected. I presume your gf gave the tenant numerous warnings. I feel for the homeless,trust me on that,but there is personal responsibilty here involved as well. This person knew they were to be evicted,and took no action into making arrangements for themselves or their belongings till the last minute. Perhaps if they had sought help long before this last resort,they would not be in this situation. Life has a way of kicking you in the arse when you don't take responsibility for your own life. If you wish me to pray for this person, I pray that this was the wake up call they needed to turn their life around. As for your gf,being a landlord must be difficult,but perhaps she could show a bit of empathy and direct future tenants to services that may help them,before kicking them out. You sound like a god fearing person,so treat your neighbor as you wish to be treated.
edit on 24-4-2014 by AccessDenied because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   

I'll assume mortgages should be free also?
I've evicted tenants in the past - it isn't a surprise, overnight thing, they know it's coming either because of violations in a lease or non payment.
Stuff happens. I can't go to the bank and tell them that I can't make my mortgage payment because my tenant is going through hard times....I'll be the one under hard times in that case.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I'm sorry you had to go through this and I believe that you do care but were in a sense powerless to do much. Sure you could've tried to pay their rent for them but who's to say that would have helped them. I have been homeless and sleeping couch to couch and other odd living arrangements and I learned a lot from it so hopefully this is not an all bad experience for them either.

It is like the story from the Chinese proverb thread "who knows what is good or bad?" The person may wind up discovering something much better for themselves, and it could be that, if you had paid their rent for just one more month, then they would have missed this hypothetical opportunity.

Is it the Confucions or the Buddhists who say "Everything is as it should be."? Of course, that statement may seem over simplified for many situations but in general it rings true and plus you must also consider that if somebody changes something, then things are now different but "things are the way they Are meant to be, right Now in This moment" (may perhaps be a better way to explain it to som3...)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I notice that those who claim [insert whatever you want here] "should be free" are not the ones paying for it. One of the things my kid said when she moved to her own place (with full knowledge of what she was saying) was, "I used to open the fridge and there was the milk. Now, if I don't buy it, it isn't there!"

It's tough being an adult. Some people never grow up.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

No, those things shouldn't be free but it should be easier to find decent paying jobs to pay for those things.

It would be nice though if there was still land that people with out the ability to pay for a home, or by choice, could go out and build shelter using natural resources.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: calstorm

I agree that one should have to invest serious effort into sourcing ones own food for themselves!

However on the issue of land ownership, annual rates, a human right to be housed [it is about decency ok] and what machinations, like the banking and legal systems, we have set up for ourselves, for our kids and our fellow human beings is neither reasonable or consentious.

Example, in Australia there is currently a housing shortage, especially public housing, and the Government, regardless of party affiliation, do NOT want to build a sudden influx of houses as it is a supply and demand issue and many Australians have their entire dreams and lives wrapped up in and around their mortgages ... and this means that they are willing to keep supply in high demand to keep propping up the housing markets property values so that the economy doesn't take a radical shift.

Expanding on that example ... Say if the Government pulls its finger out and does something and announces a proposal to build 1million new public housing houses in the next 5-10yrs ... suddenly the house building contractors have a boom time and simultaneously property values markedly contract and decline due to the new level of supply ... this means less $$$ for those selling their homes for whatever reasons and also less collateral when comes to negotiating loans with the banksta's and loan sharks who also don't want their equity in the collateral diminsihed. It would also affect the rental market and some people live week to week on the margins of the rent they collect from being landlords!

Too many are invested against changing the status quo!

But some of the pro's of such a proposal would be that we, our kids and our fellow human beings would be able to rent and or buy cheap houses requiring a smaller loan and therefor less indebtedness to the system and gaining self security in the form of 4 sure walls and a solid roof over ones head and land to grow ones own food upon.

This real sense of security i.e. having a private space like a bedroom and the access to amenities such as running hot and cold water, electricity and gas etc. stops a lot of stress and situations that lead to things like crimes of need or extremely deteriorating medical conditions including ones mental health and social standings.

Now it has just occurred to me that the interest rates would also probably become steeper as a consequence of the lower property values ... basically stuff on the banks books that they use to get loans with from even bigger banks and financial institutions like the government of a nation etc. who in turn look to the IMF and the World bank for bailouts who just print the cash in the short mid and long run to keep the fiat system greased up like a hog high on the fat!

That stuff, being valued less = less money coming in = make more loans = less real money in the bank and more fake money via the fiat systems magic wand of hey presto free electronic money = higher interest rates as there is less REAL money in the banks to support giving out loans directly and banks must keep a certain % of REAL money on hand at all times ... just in case of bank runs.

Now people all over are invested in that system, via the stock market, from pensioners and baby boomer retiree's to the likes of George Soros and the Koch Brothers and also the Government via the bond market.

All are shareholders and all are invested in the outcomes literally.

Simply doing what is right means a radical overhaul of thinking when money can simply be printed by those in power.

I think the crux for me seems to be that banks rely on REAL money to do certain things with and loans with electronic money seriously curtail what the banks can and can not do!

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: calstorm

No, those things shouldn't be free but it should be easier to find decent paying jobs to pay for those things.

It should be. And it is absolutely amazing that so many people feel these "descent paying jobs" should just fall into their laps with no effort on their part beyond simply existing. "Descent paying jobs" require education, either formally, via an apprenticeship, or through experience. Gone are the days when you could "head west" with nothing and make something of yourself because, quite frankly, today's people would wither up and die. They are simply not prepared to take care of themselves.

You would think that a sane person could assess their situation, including their own strengths, liabilities, and interests, formulate a plan to get themselves into a position to get a "descent paying job," and execute the plan. Instead, people simply proclaim, "Here I am!" and expect it all to be taken care of. And when it isn't, it's always someone else's fault.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   

You would think that a sane person could assess their situation, including their own strengths, liabilities, and interests, formulate a plan to get themselves into a position to get a "descent paying job," and execute the plan. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

The jobs for many people who have done that are not there! I know what my strengths liabilities and interests are. If I were to go out and get a degree where my strengths lie, every one would tell me I am an idiot because no one is hiring people with liberal arts degrees. Math and science have always been a challenge for me.

There are a lot of talented people who are jobless because there isn't jobs in the areas they excel. Not every one can do certain jobs, and right now our job market is limited.

I would love to go back to school and finish my degree, I excelled in the majority of my classes. The only thing keeping me from a diploma is a handful of math classes. That is all I have left, but I flunked one of the math classes twice and I have a couple higher math classes I need to take after that to graduate. It is embarrassing to admit that, and it has sent me into severe depression in the past. To have one professor telling me I am one of the "good students" and another telling me I am not worth the time.

I am good with computers, I build computers from scratch for myself and others and repair computers for people, it is what I do. I would love to get a degree in computer science but I can't do the math classes needed for the degree.

I have spent a good chunk of my life racking my brain on "formulating a plan" only to get met with the one barrier I can't seem to overcome. Thankfully, I am not in a bad spot financially anymore, but there are things I would like but can't do, because I need more income for that.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   
You sound so much like myself. I have a math disability too. I am not lucky enough to go back to school. I am disabled and get SSI, but I dream of maybe finding my place to make something of myself. I have a lot to offer but money is so limited I have to struggle to stay afloat. Having natural talent or a lot of knowledge in a particular area isn't enough when everything out there wants a piece of paper behind it. a reply to: calstorm

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I feel for the evicted. Regardless. I've been displaced from my home situation and belongings before and I had much time to get things done but severe lack of money, and hardly any help to move more than a little left me without much choice but to leave the stuff behind. I was lucky I had obtained a new place but it is crushing.

I could have lost the current apartment last year before the holidays and but my landlord was amazing to work with my situation and I am able to pay back the rent I owe a little as I can each month. I really am grateful as I would have not had anywhere to go. My family said they didn't care if I would be homeless, which hurts like hell.
I wish the best for whoever is homeless tonight and hope they have kind friends and family.

new topics

top topics

join