It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PA official says Hamas accepted two-state solution

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
a reply to: OccamsRazor04 There is a certain truth that is evident to who's land belongs to who and still exist in parts to this day .Laying aside the colonial powers one of the main elements is Language . So today we can see the french have a country called France .The English have a country called England . Language is by far the one dominant factor in the creation of Nations in the Bible .When you consider that it wasn't that long ago that most of North america was covered in Ice surly you can see that it would have been different groups migrating north as the sheets receded .If you consider the dispersal of language it fits quite well . Now the Hebrew's and their history is a little different and it was one of conquest .But the modern day creation of the state of Israel is based solely on a Biblical promise made to Abraham . The conflict comes in with the places that Joshua failed to conquer way back .The same areas are still there . What to do ...

So if we're talking about land rights and who owns what territory on North America, something tells me a lot of ancient documents will suddenly turn up showing a lineage of rights to the land dating back well beyond the last ice age. Hey, maybe than we could perhaps get to the truth.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate The Jesuits were the one group that would have the biggest deposit of documents but the French, Spanish ,Dutch and others have written words that would give some details .The area where I live was divided among 4 to 5 Algonquin dialects that had natural boundaries usually with a neutral river as a line and transportation route with some pathways shared to go over land to other rivers ...These rivers still carry the indigenous names although some have been Anglicized .

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: DarknStormy I agree with you and I think that the Zionist regime plays a big part in the end time fulfillment .They will make the agreement ...

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Any treaties with israel arent worth the paper they are printed on .. not to mention will be broken by israel before the ink on the signatures dries ..

Doubt israel will accept any terms proposed..

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

i wouldn't trust them at all.
a reply to: tsingtao

Because the Israeli's are so trustworthy??....puhlease. Peace has to start somewhere...and this is a good step for the Palestinians.

they are both terrorist groups, right?

One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter...let's not forget that Hamas and Fatah were a predictable outcome of a crushing 65 year military occupation by Israel....cause and effect.

rip down the dome of the rock and have them leave.

That would serve absolutely nothing but to completely enrage not just the Palestinians...but the entire Muslim world..what an assinine statement.

The Palestinians won't just leave...it's their land and home too...they have been there as long as the Jews...they have every right to be there. Short of forcing them out at gunpoint...that just isn't going to happen....even the US could not protect Israel were they to do something that stupid...not to mention criminal. The ENTIRE world would turn on Israel guaranteed.

hell, give them their stupid rock!

Spoken like a true idiot.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Doubt israel will accept any terms proposed..
a reply to: Expat888

This sadly...is the truth of the matter. Israel will find something else to use to enrage the Palestinians. They have no interest in either a 2 state solution, nor a 1 state solution.

Nothing short of annexing the entire West Bank and Gaza will satisfy the Zionists.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

An even better sign coming out of Washington.
a reply to: Xcathdra

I wouldn't get too excited...the Americans have allowed Israel to drag this military occupation out for more than 60 years....they know the Israeli's will never accept a 2 state solution...and they can't allow a one state solution...it would render them a minority overnight.

This is all just smoke and mirrors...nothing more.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
a reply to: DarknStormy I agree with you and I think that the Zionist regime plays a big part in the end time fulfillment .They will make the agreement ...

They seem the likely candidates and some do believe that if a peace agreement is eventually reached then that is the beginning of the end. I truly believe they are the spawn of Satan and it's not because I'm anti-Semitic, it's because they do not believe in Jesus and make a pastime out of killing innocent Christians and Muslims.
edit on 24-4-2014 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
original proposal,, in 1947

After 70 years,,
why was the orinal struck down by the ARAB LEAGUE?

Can anyone answer??

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: DarknStormy If you look back at the creation of the modern state of Israel they were willing to kill some of the Jews as well .

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 02:40 AM
link   

JERUSALEM - Israel broke off Mideast peace talks and brought the U.S.-brokered process to the brink of collapse Thursday, protesting a reconciliation agreement between the Western-backed Palestinian Authority and the militant group Hamas, the Jewish state's sworn enemy.

Israel's Security Cabinet made the decision during a marathon emergency meeting convened to discuss the new Palestinian deal. The rival Palestinian factions Hamas and Fatah announced the reconciliation plan Wednesday, meant to end a seven-year rift.

Israel objects to any participation in Palestinian politics by Hamas, which has killed hundreds of Israelis in suicide bombings and other attacks over the past two decades.

In a statement issued by Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's office, the government said it would not hold negotiations with a government "backed by Hamas."

Big surprise there. isreal backs out yet again. How long until they start bulldozing again I wonder. OR did they even bother to stop the illegal activity this time?
edit on Fri, 25 Apr 2014 02:58:22 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Till Hamas themselves unequivocally recognizes Israels right to peace and safety as a Jewish State., they cannot be a partner in the peace process. It's been Fatah saying Hamas agrees, I've never heard or read Hamas recognize Israel's right to exist. Time for Hamas to show their true colors.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

I agree with you entirely. Hamas needs to stop doing things like declaring the destruction of Israel right in it's charter and knee-capping political opponents is downright rude too.

It wasn't a major multi-day thing for everything else that was going on...but some within the PLA openly called for Gaza's population to overthrow and replace Hamas when Morsi was removed in Egypt. There is a lot of bad blood all around where Hamas is concerned.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

The backlash in the Palestinian territories when Hamas came to power was nasty. People being executed for refusing to support Hamas, an individual carved into steaks and sent back to his family.

The fact Hamas stated they would agree to accept Israeli existence, in my mind, seems unrealistic and smacks of a plot to "gain a way inside" so to speak.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I think what we have here is a classic failure to communicate. It's not between Israelis or Palestinians. They know each other all TOO well and they know each other for the underhanded, murderous tactics both have used upon the other for more years than is decent to keep count of by now.

I think we have a MAJOR failure to communicate between the warring sides and a Diplomatic corps out of the United States that is determined to succeed where 5 Presidents before have failed. As if there is some magic mojo or special sauce which, once added, will make it all click and come together for peace. (sigh)

Kerry seems to fail to understand a basic truth. Palestinians, in a high enough % to break this, *HATE* Israelis. Israelis, in kind and likewise in a high enough % to break this, *HATE* Palestinians. I'm not sure how that gets fixed..but I do know parties outside those in the mud and blood every day, have no place or hope of finding the solution.

Even if ALL 7 some million Israelis (Arab Israelis alike) ALL agreed to this.....the Jews forming operation Price Tag in the settlements sure as hell won't. They'll form the 3rd independent arm to fight BOTH the PLA and IDF. They'd already done it at times, and have outright said that will be their response. Palestinians have their own militant wings they kinda sorta control..but would lose control of if they were seen to have sold out the 'cause' of the people.

So....back to the drawing boards to take time and actually listen..not dictate like we're superior to either side over there. We're not.....while acting like we walked across the Atlantic to get there, without so much as a wet foot.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join