It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghan guard kills US doctors in Kabul hospital attack

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Rodinus
Rodinus .. My answers

Yes I have a niece of 10 years and nephew of 14 years

How would I feel ? I'd feel great knowing my children were in care of highly skilled doctors but if be ashamed knowing that someone from my country had seen these doctors as targets and killed them. I'm sure if the killer had children who were sick he wouldn't of killed the doctors

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

It's not about sending doctors, they do it off their own backs because they want to help out somehow. Now the security guy is a coward and I'm sure the doctors would have built up some degree of trust with him also if he was a regular at that hospital. But does that mean this organisation just stop helping children or people in Afghanistan? Of course not.

They know the risks in Afghanistan and to be honest with you, I would be expecting something like this on a daily basis. They know exactly what the risks are and that's what makes them even more of hero's. They are willing to put someone elses well being before their own.

edit on 24-4-2014 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Something to consider....

Perhaps the killer had members of his family killed by Americans and sought revenge any way he could.

I think if an invading force was in the US and killed any of may family....Id kill as many as I could until I too was killed.

Is that "terrorism" or just Biblical "eye for and eye"?

Anyone that thinks this is ordinary warfare with the US as the "good guys" is completely naive if not a complete fool.

edit on 24-4-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy

originally posted by: ThePeaceMaker
Simple, pull out all the western doctors from the country and when old Abdul needs to child looking after tell them to stuff it. All in the name of bloody religion 'Allah will love me for this' oh please grow up

Your country kill people in the name of Democracy, I really don't see the difference between either. You's are both as bad as each other. The only difference is your country find ways to justify murder.

I'm fully aware that my country kills people. But as I'm not in a position to change that I can't do much about it. Do I feel good about my country doing that ? No of course not. But would I be happy if my country sends over doctors to help another countries children and they end up getting shot by someone in uniform, no I wouldn't be happy.
If a country cannot provide adequate protection to the doctors I've sent from my country then my view is I don't want them to be there

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
let them kill each other, instead of others, that's what they have been doing for hundreds of years now. they are stuck in the middle ages. they want to live under the control of local warlords, and they will kill anyone that tries to change that. we need these doctors and the rest of the western people to get the hell out of there. they are hundreds of years behind a modern society, that it is useless to try and change them....that has to come from them, and that might take another hundred years or so.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThePeaceMaker
Rodinus .. My answers

Yes I have a niece of 10 years and nephew of 14 years

How would I feel ? I'd feel great knowing my children were in care of highly skilled doctors but if be ashamed knowing that someone from my country had seen these doctors as targets and killed them. I'm sure if the killer had children who were sick he wouldn't of killed the doctors

Thank you for responding PM,

I respect and understand your position.

What we must also understand and realize is that WE Westerners do not really know what has happened in regards to this security guard and these sad killings... I don't think that the people who will interrogate him... (If he ever comes out of surgery) will ever "really" release his real motivations to the public... they will be probably twisted to meet what politicians want "US" to hear and read...

If his motivations were truly of an evil kind then I REALLY HOPE that he suffers big time...

However... what if his motivations were not intentional and he had children and had no choice?

He may have been brainwashed into carrying out this cruel act... he may also have been forced to do this too (family and children held at ransom etc etc...)

Who knows?

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 24/4/14 by Rodinus because: Crap spelling

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: DarknStormy

That's fine and I give credit to those who decide to go off their own back. But if someone from that country sees these doctors as targets then id have to reconsider. Yes the uniformed guy is coward but why go after doctors. If you've got something against a country and it's people invading take it out them not on the people who are actually trying to help

And yes you are correct. The risks are there so why isn't anything done about it... Especially doctors. Is understand if soldiers were the targets but to attack doctors that's just a joke

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

Considering is a worn torn land left to rot.

Can you be surprised that there are undercover spies inside military?

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

edit on 24-4-2014 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Thanks for your reply too and being understanding, I will be honest my first reply was a bit stupid I was reading the thread it gave me the hump that plus a crap day altogether didn't really help me writing an answer. It just annoys me, here are some doctors probably the only foreign people in afghan to actually care and they are getting killed for it

Edit: apologies if I upset anyone in my previous replies
edit on 24-4-2014 by ThePeaceMaker because: Added text

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Telegraph article from 2010. There British doctor killed in afghan. Also let's not forget the British army doctors out there helping kids and adults

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: luciddream

I'm not surprised, no. Their history of civil war all through the 90's ran just like this. The same issues of any civil war, I suppose...but with so much added in. Many other nations don't have the tribal, cultural, nationalism AND religious all present at the same time, and often enough, standing as separate and exclusive agendas to pursue with loyalty.

What a mess..and one we never should have gotten into like this, in the first place.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join