It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Advice Needed, Is This Fresh Yellowstone Lava?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

thank you TA for your reply, this most welcomed information makes me feel alot better.
Again thank you
Star for you bud.

Shaade

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: elouina
This is definately in the Midway Geyser Basin. Now I could be wrong about this since it depends on what you call near. But it is 24 miles away from the Norris geyser basin which is where they had over 5 CM uplift in the last 8 months. It is also not too far from the recent big earthquake.

What recent big earthquake? The 4.5? Yes it's the biggest in recent history but hardly a big earthquake by any standards. LOL.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

AwefullBitch ,,,if it was though eh?

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: BobAthome

AwefullBitch ,,,if it was though eh?

Huh? Are you calling me a bitch? Why on earth would you do that? You don't know me.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657

Awefull,,Bitch ,,,if it was though eh?

Huh? Are you calling me a bitch? Why on earth would you do that? You don't know me.

opps lol
why of course not ,dont be so silly. lol

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657

Awefull,,Bitch ,,,if it was though eh?

opps lol
why of course not ,dont be so silly. lol

must be a bitch i mean glitch.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: elouina

Ooooooh that IS an awesome picture! Bacteria is doing that? What a cool effect.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueAmerican
These are the sinter terraces near Grand Prismatic Spring, in the Midway Geyser Basin. Very, very common.

In other words, no, not lava. Just google up some images of it, and you will see.

True American, although I have always trusted and respected your opinions, I feel it is too soon yet.

Yes I know that area was a volcano field. But because the area is known for, " yucky looking" spots doesn't automatically preclude this one to being kosher. So until I can see that same spot in a previous picture somewhere, I will not be satisfied. Those shiny black blobs and flat chuncks look like lava to me. And i really don't think they would look that good after 70,000 or more years.

Altgough I may eventually agree with you, I am not there yet. Can you help me out any? Kitty is gone now, but i am at work with 4 hours sleep.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: elouina

Well then let me put it to you this way. When it comes to YS, you know I don't play around. Period. It is not some game to me, and I take it extremely seriously- knowing the sheer power of what lays beneath. I am pretty knowledgeable when it comes specifically to seismicity at YS, but for something like this, I must defer to experts.

So because of that, I got some scientific eyes on your pic there, just to be sure. I emailed it to one of my contacts. And that's not just any old scientific eyes either. The input was from an expert. And to be honest, I spared you some pretty offensive remarks that came back, and just gave you the needed advise you sought in the thread title. I can do no more than that. And if anyone can do better, then let's have it.

That said, I feel anyone that has specific questions like this shouldn't be afraid to ask. The public has a right to know, because it can affect them. If the answer is unsatisfactory, then please pursue your own investigation. I will happily entertain your findings.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Meldionne1 Can you go investigate or did the photographer smell any Sulpher or odor?

I have been resting up and getting some overdue sleep after caring for my sick cat. So I will be continuing my investigation into that picture.

So I did want to ask you or anyone else that knows about another observation. Some other recent visitors noticed a sulphur smell in another spot at Yellowstone. Having myself never been there, does anyone know if Yellowstone is normally known for sulphur smells? I need to search for that account again if I can find it. But it was in one of those ramp areas that folks walk through.

Just found another account from multiple people, so maybe it does normally have this?

I know Rotorua is a thermal wonderland not to be missed. However, when staying in Yellowstone Nat'l Park thermal region, the strong sulfur smell triggered intense headaches. Are there any accommodations that are farther removed from sulfur odor ? Would the redwoods area be less "smelly" than staying on Fenton Street ? Thank you for your suggestions.

Trip advisor

Yes totally normal...
www.youryellowstonevacation.com...

edit on 25-4-2014 by elouina because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join