It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dog dreaming

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   

This was inspired by watching my dog sleeping. There is a tip of the hat to Durer, Reubens, and Max Ernst.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

and dali i assume?

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: okamitengu

Dali was the Jimi Hendrix of painting. Definitely a huge influence. A lot of my earlier work was influenced by the Surrealists.
Ernst was probably my favorite. In the past few years I've drifted more towards abstraction, but when I first got into painting, I spent a lot of time at the Menil in Houston. They have an awesome collection of surrealist works.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   

heh... I thought you meant this

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

That was pretty damn funny. His hackles were up until he came awake, and then his tail went straight between his legs with embarrassment.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   

You are such a sick artist! WOW! Where can I see more of your stuff?

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:18 AM
link   

What the what!?

Dude that is freaking rad. Damn good work!

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Dogs can grow beards all over

Very nice work

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat
I appreciate the compliments. There is plenty more where that came from. I just didn't want to hog the forum.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23

This was inspired by watching my dog sleeping. There is a tip of the hat to Durer, Reubens, and Max Ernst.

Such a awesomely weird piece!! I love the melty steak, so believable as a surreal dog dream, serious kudos!

Max Ernst was a huge influence of mine as well. He had such heavy, harsh and dark linework. Made it impossible to not feel what he was saying (i guess?).

I'd love to see this work in person, in full size. Because I'm trying hard to find a squirrel in there somewhere. Ok maybe this is the dream of a bird dog

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

A thread with some of your other work would be much appreciated by many members.

Now back to loosing myself in your wonderful work of art that came to you in such a special way.

You have a recognized gift

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Your art is really nice, as some other members have suggested, I would also like to see some more of your work. Thanks for sharing that with us.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: LucidLucinda

Thank you very much. I have some stuff posted here.
s1295.photobucket.com...

top topics

join