It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets ressurrect ourselves!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Maybe....

the meaning aboutJesus on the cross is a message played on people down on history.

We can pull out the first nail, by realizing that the human body cannot sustain its own weight on the cross, as depicted by church history.
We have spent decades, debating this.

We know that slick priests thru history have come up with elaborate stories to redeem ourselves, by selling letters of indulgence. By lies and fear they did this. Power and control. There goes the second nail!
We have spent decades, debating this.

The final nail, you have to unplug yourself. That is your conscience. Your own way of watching the world. Deep down we all know that the way we are heading is wrong. When you realize that, you will fall from the cross, you will experience 3 days of "hell", going thru the torment of realizing that all this time you have been wrong, and your look on life will be in a clearer perspective (the resurrection), meaning re-born.

Therefore its is not a divine intervention, it is pure and simple common sense. Name it whatever you want.

Just some thoughts... still working on this
edit on 23/4/2014 by kloejen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Actually looking at it another way; if this helps. Is to ask yourself what did Christ do Before? Since He was not named Christ untill After His Death, His name was Jesus, dissapeard for some time: Or like Buddha who left Home to sit under a tree; Many Teachers actually Left, looked away, and found it out Themselves.

Why the walking Away, Turning away from the Idea's of the Masses and decided to find out for Themselves? I think you just bought a ticket to Their Boat from long ago. Only thing that is left is to Find it Yourself and it's not so bad! Everything you wee either told as a child, taught in school is more likely a lie anyways. Stories told over and over again, nothings Ever New!

All one can do is give their Best, even if it's 49% that day! Tommorow could be 67% or 32% As Long as It's Your Best for that Day! I shall Flag You and Toss some Stars!

Just leave God out of it and all Well! Mixing Relg into this will only bring you down. No intervention, Light's or a prize waiting at the door. It's called Waking Up. Question everything one needs to, seek out understanding and know your on Your Path! Then again, You could go main Stream and believe Everything ever told to you!

Peace

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: kloejen

I dunno if this applies because the whole idea of Jesus was based on the fact that he wasn't actually a human being like every other person on the planet. People think he gets born like regular people, except from a virgin, but I don't think that's what the Pope believes. I think there's more to this whole Jesus thing than the NT lets on.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: On7a7higher7plane

Thanks for the reply.

I am not a believer of the divine in the story told. My beliefs are that he was a regular man, which had some beliefs, that actually changed the world, for the better. This is why many people see him as divine, in some way, and i can truely understand that. That the Church picked up on this and saw $ in the end, is just... well human!

Its all politics somehow... we are once again a close step to some "divine" human telling us, how the world is going to be "saved". One thing i am sure of, is that if so - he will not be a politician - this time it will be the people who change it. Did that sound too fancy? I agree - but then again - its a matter of belief?

There once were a "hippie", singing - "All we are saying...."... you know the rest. Was he divine? He was divine to many people - and he sure was a nuisance to others - maybe therefore the 1000 year long debate?

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: infoseeker26754

He wasn't named Christ until after His death?! In John 4 we see this...

25 The woman said, “I know that Messiah” (called Christ) “is coming. When he comes, he will explain everything to us.”

26 Then Jesus declared, “I, the one speaking to you—I am he.”

This was a couple years or so before His death on the Cross. He tells the Samaritan woman at the well that He is indeed "The Christ"... Christ is the Greek word for Messiah, and He is called the Messiah throughout the Gospels, especially in John.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   

lets not! and say we did!

line two

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   

That's a new perspective, I'm sure I've never heard. Kind of refreshing.

I don't think anyone can understand the New Testament without fully understanding the concept of Grace the book puts forth.

If one fails to understand that the core of the NT is grace then everything that follows is crap and non sence.

I would explain grace further but the simple dictionary explanation works just as well, it's the knowing and not the knowledge that brings it meaning.

There really doesn't seem to be real forgiveness without grace and understanding, in the religious sence or the secular sence.

If you are free, then you are free indeed.

If not, then it's only ones perceptions that binds one to a harmfull path.

Again it doesn't take religion or a sacrifice only walking in the here and now and following truth no matter it's form, giving up the ego.

Much peace,

And cheers

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: OptimusSubprime

You do know that all those stories were written decades, even centuries after his death?

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Im pretty sure Jesus taught that Eternal Life was through faith in Him (John 3 read all of it). He never told us to "resurrect ourselves" or "pull out our nails". He took the nails for us. He died for us. He followed His Father's plan, therefore His flock will be resurrected on His Father's timing.

We dont need new interpretations and ideas. We need to rediscover and hold tight to the message that Jesus already gave us: Forgiveness of Sin is in the Blood of Christ. Jesus wants us to pick up our crosses and follow Him, not remove our crucifixion nails.

Dont try to fix a message that isnt broken. You either believe Jesus died to pay off our sin-debt, or you take a gamble in justification by you own works.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   

I dunno regular men don't get born from virgins.

top topics

join