It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second Amendment Victory: Georgia Governor Signs Historic Gun Rights Bill

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
Guns in bars what could go wrong. Whatever happened to the good old days of the Wild West when guns had to be left at the door? I have plenty of guns, I have never felt the need to carry in a bar or church. If I had somebody would have been shot instead punched. Oh the good old days when you could get in a bar fight, shake hands and go back to drinking. Now we would just shoot each other. I guess people just live in fear now.

At least this way they can start working on thinning out the herd of braindead rednecks.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
Guns in bars what could go wrong. Whatever happened to the good old days of the Wild West when guns had to be left at the door?

I am fairly certain the individual business owners can make their establishment a gun free one if they so choose and post appropriate signage indicating such.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Buster, I thought you were better than that. I live in the heart of what you'd call redneck country. They are the first people to stop and help you fix a flat tire, tow you for free to a service station, and help you clean up your property for free after severe storms take down a bunch of trees on your property.

Please don't fall into the trap of calling all people who live in the South rednecks. Yes, I get a redneck during the Summer tending my goats and garden...

Des

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone
a reply to: buster2010

Buster, I thought you were better than that. I live in the heart of what you'd call redneck country. They are the first people to stop and help you fix a flat tire, tow you for free to a service station, and help you clean up your property for free after severe storms take down a bunch of trees on your property.

Please don't fall into the trap of calling all people who live in the South rednecks. Yes, I get a redneck during the Summer tending my goats and garden...

Des

in all fairness to buster he did say "Braindead rednecks" those come from everywhere not just the south from what I've seen.

and if a "brain dead redneck" does pop his head up acting all ridiculous some good ole boy country gentleman with a nice redneck himself will kindly remind him that he's not the only one packing. chances are once a few doofus' eat some lead courtesy of someone who cares things will calm down. hell down south chances are people already know everybody's packing anyway so watch what you say/do. them gators get hungry down in the swamps. a feller could end up real hard to find if he raises to much hell and goes against the grain too bad down there!

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

originally posted by: Famouszor
a reply to: xuenchen

My state allows the same, open carry also.

Good news but, it is a shame that we have to pass laws to have our second amendment rights.

I advocate concealed carry over open carry (though open carry is implied) as it produces a greater level of deterrence.

Agreed and well said. I am, on a related note, lost as to the logic of some states having laws for carrying open and others concealed. I would love to watch the debate of these differing states leaders hashing it out. It concerns me here in Colorado that if my shirt rides up and my gun peeks out, well I could be in some trouble depending who saw it and what they do about it. Oddly the complete opposite exists in other states.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass
a reply to: xuenchen

Do the world a favor and legalize machine guns and grenades. Natural selection will work out the rest.

Actually they are both perfectly legal (in most states) - you just have to jump through some hoops and pay $200 tax each... And the purchase price of the item of course. It may not be easy, but it is legal...

Machine Gun
Grenades

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I don't think it's a victory. I think it's a ploy. It's just a little too over the top to be as advertised.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Why should anybody need a gun? Is not a fact that the most advanced technology on the Earth is already is in your possession. I mean, yeah guns are cool, knives too, but lets get real... thought is omni.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Egoismyname
Why should anybody need a gun? Is not a fact that the most advanced technology on the Earth is already is in your possession. I mean, yeah guns are cool, knives too, but lets get real... thought is omni.

I'm confused

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TiedDestructor

I'm confused

Posting to get to 20.

Then watch for threads !!

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I'm all for being able to carry into a bar...but define "NO" restrictions?? I'm for being able to carry, namely because steak houses and other things in Missouri often have split bar/dining room arrangements and I shouldn't be restricted in where I sit for dinner because I'm carrying that evening.

I draw the line at carrying into a bar and DRINKING anything. Can I assume Georgia has that covered or still has drinking while armed as something of a criminal issue? If that's entirely covered and those carrying are 100% tea totallers for the evening by law? Why not? A bar is no different than anywhere else if the alcohol consumption is removed from the individual, IMO.

edit on 28-4-2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

Specifically, the bill stipulates that while a CWP holder may bring his/her concealed firearm into a restaurant or bar, he/she is prohibited from imbibing while there. In short, permit holders will have to make a decision before heading out: it’s either the gun or the booze. Moreover, establishments that serve alcohol are given the choice of whether they want to allow patrons to carry on their premises in the first place. They can ban concealed carry by simply posting signs that say “No guns allowed"

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Myopia seems to be a common affliction with "gun control" advocates.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I'm glad to see a movement in this direction of supporting citizens rights to bear arms.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join