It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Real You, by Alan Watts

page: 1

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
This is an amazing and inspiring piece by Alan Watts, and it is something that gives me both peace and excitement, hope and rest, to hear.

I just wanted to share this with the community. If you are feeling low, disconnected, down, in dispair, cynical...take a few minutes to listen. I consider this very philosophically and psychologically uplfiting.

In the video, Alan Watts discusses the nature of the self and the universe as he sees it -- the connectivity between ourselves and each other, and between ourselves and the universe. The actual content of what he says is probably not news to many of you, and represents a philosophical and psychological outlook shared by many mystics and seers across cultures and ages. But it is this very timlessness itself that makes the message worth listening to...perhaps now more than ever.

"...And since you are all here and engaged in this solid inquiry and listening to this sort of lecture, I assume that you are all in the processs of waking up..."

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Never Despise

I found Alan by accident when browsing videos on YT a while ago. He was simply a brilliant mind, and one that would have been equally brilliant and relevant today had he still been alive. I wonder what other lectures he would have given had he still been alive.

It also really blows me away how the lectures he gave have as much relevance today as they did the day they were given. But then, there are a number of things like that, where the past is just as relevant in the present, as it was 'back then'.

It makes life amazing.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing. I agree with everything he says, we are the infinite and eternal universe experiencing itself. We are "God" trying to know itself and remember itself.

I remember, as can all of us if we try.

S&F

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
There is No Sleep it's Fake,
for this is Eternal Wake.

There is no Darkness,
for I am the Sight of Light,
that Forever Shines Bright.

I am Everything and yet Nothing,
for I am With and Without,
claimed the Silent Shout.

There is only the One Choice,
and that is to Rejoice in Love's Voice,
concludes this Noisy Invoice.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Thank you so much for posting this!! I couldn't remember Alan Watts' name...and it was driving me CRAZY!! I asked the universe and BAM you post this!! Thank you and Thank you UNIVERSE!!

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
really a joy that knowledge like this comes to ATS more and more...

If you are open for that flow in the alan watts video...maybe you will be open for this one.

This is the same message in different clothing..

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   

That's an excellent video! Thanks for that.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Reality is only a Rorschach ink-blot, you know.
(Alan Watts)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Thank you for posting this!!

The visuals were awesome, as well as the message and the music.

I first learned of Alan Watts 23 years ago. I read one of his books about Zen, it was my first exposure into the concepts and philosophies, and it opened my eyes/soul up to true 'enlightenment'. It was hard to grasp - took a long time, lots of meditation and thinking to release my thoughts from traditional 'Occidental' thinking. But once I made the switch over, things changed.

I still have one of his books "On Nature, Man, and Woman." I should read it again...

So happy when these topics are presented here on ATS!

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   
The interesting thing is I probably would have never paid him much attention if his public persona was without flaws. The fact that he had his struggles as all humans do, made his message more palatable too me, like he wasn’t being propped up as a guru or put on a pedestal of sorts. CuzzBoastin’s idea of him as a psycho-pomp resonates with me. Philosophers use words to help others navigate reality, there isn’t any prerequisite for ethical superiority or perfection. He was a courageous navigator who brought back some important strategies for integrating the unconscious into the conscious.

top topics

join