It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

60% of China's underground water polluted...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ATF1886

Why is your spelling so bad in this post but not the other long one?

Ah.. so your ideas are not your own.

edit on 23-4-2014 by MOMof3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
It seems you had to edit a two sentence post and I am the one with spelling issues... Your insults are childish and my ideas are no concern to you at this point I think it's time mama that you move on obviously you've had a bad day I wish you a better one. a reply to: MOMof3

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   

I don't claim to know all the answers as you did. And I don't, but I can see what is happening and much I don't understand. I don't know what is worth destroying a whole planet for. Is it gold, oil, fake money? What? A lifestyle? Power? I don't know what any of that would mean in a world of sick and dying people. And I am sad at what I see is coming.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Now we can both agree as parents and I do apologize if I sounded to know it all I really don't but I knot that because of a farce currency this world is facing great obstacles a reply to: MOMof3

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: dampnickers
a reply to: TritonTaranis

How can we really be sure it's over 90%?

Just because it's China doesn't mean to say that they are 'totally corrupt'. I am sure there are people in China that are just as honest as the rest of the "honest" people around the planet. Perhaps it really is 60%. Better, it could be that they are 'over estimating', as a scare tactic, and it could be that it's only 30-40% polluted. Or it might be that the powers that be have decided on such a low number to prevent mass panic and rioting (a sensible move in many respects). We have to be reasoned about our thoughts, before just jumping to knee jerk responses. At least, I think so.

Corruption runs in every country on the planet. That is something that is almost completely recognised, except by the corrupt - political animals usually.

Because they have what would be illegally high extremely dangerous levels of pollution all over the country hundreds of times exceeding safe levels to which they lied about for years time and time again

At its worst the AQI, or air quality index, as measured by the US Embassy, hit 755. Elsewhere in northern China, the government’s own readings (based on a similar AQI index scale) climbed even higher. Online reports coming in from Hubei Province cited numbers as high as 900 or even 1,000. Neither the US nor the Chinese AQI index has a description or warning for pollution that is above 500. When it was designed, the idea that pollution would ever get that bad was unthinkable. But according to the US Environmental Protection Agency, a reading of 301 or greater triggers a health warning of “emergency conditions.”

The reports tend to be misleading and leave important factors out

A recent report from Reuters reveals some disturbing news about China: the water pollution levels recorded in the official reports were found to be merely half the actual levels. Meaning that China's water pollution is literally twice as bad as its government claimed it was in 2007. Reuters has the report: A new Chinese government survey of the country's environmental problems has shown water pollution levels in 2007 were more than twice the government's official estimate, largely because agricultural waste was ignored. The data, presented by Vice Environment Protection Minister Zhang Lijun, revives persistent questions about the quality of Chinese official statistics and the effectiveness of a government push for cleaner growth after decades of unbridled expansion.

www.treehugger.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Placing a percentage on this is not necessary to assess the pollution of the water in China...in fact any water in this world that is not completely surrounded by a barrier of pristine condition is contaminated. So, 100% of the water in China is most definitely contaminated.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I find this article very important, so S&F for op.

What disturbs me the most is this not the path that the US is on? The last time I actualy had fresh well water that was safe enough to Drink, was back home in Western MA.
Once i moved to FL all bets are off the table. I pretty much use only bottle water here. I mean the water tastes horrible. If you have your own well here you need a few thousand dollar water purification system. When they drill a well here, the neighborhood stinks like burning plastic and dog # for weeks. Never mind your sprinkler system if you use untreated water it will kill your grass or plants.

We are not too far off..with the coming fracking and they want to drill for oil here, I can imagine in the not too distant future the only consumable water will be bottles or brew.

edit on 24-4-2014 by JValhalla because: ?

edit on 24-4-2014 by JValhalla because: spelling

edit on 24-4-2014 by JValhalla because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Wow. The 18th century industrial revolution on a continental scale. Our rulers are mad.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   
What you see happening in China will be happening all over the planet unless we get the population and pollution under control. And I don't know how you can get population under control ... people have a right to have children ... even if they are irresponsible about it.

I guess education is the key to making sure this doesn't happen to the rest of us.

But it may be too late for that ....

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Yup florida water resident to resident is nasty I'll turn on my bathroom sink in the morning to brush the teeth and it smells like a rotten egg plus I live in the city val it's just a matter of time buy as much bottled water while it's cheap you'll b a rich man in the future!!!! a reply to: JValhalla

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen
I'm not sure why everyone is so afraid of China. They have such a corrupt government and social system that they will destroy themselves before anyone else gets a chance. I just hope the toxic plumecoming off of there won't travel too far

Almost 1.5 Billion people in a society just coming through the industrial age and rising, while much of the world is in decline. I'd say China is a nation worthy of respect, and woe to the person who doesn't. They are students of history these days and are aware of what mistakes buried them in the past. They aren't making them the second time.

It's a shame they could have taken history's word for the mistakes of the Industrial revolution. I mean..did China have to repeat them ALL for effect? Still.... Complete with mistakes or not, they are a population between 4 and 5 times that of the United States, within roughly the same land mass and sitting on more untapped resources than we have left.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join