It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When will racism die?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlubberyConspiracy

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: ArtemisE

When will racism die?

When we stop categorizing by race. When we stop using race.

Then profiling by race has to end too. And that's in both Private and Government institutions and in communities.

I'll play devils advocate here:
But what if most crime in a community is committed by a certain race? I'm talking most violent crime.
What if in a predominately black city, that most crime was being committed by white males between the ages of 14-35? Don't you think that the black cops would look at them a little harder than everyone else?
edit on 24-4-2014 by Fylgje because: unforgivable typo

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I don't think color has anything to do with it, and neither does religion.

Many of the churches in our area are racially diverse.

The politicians stirred the pot because they saw an opportunity to get ahead by playing on peoples weaknesses.

They opened old wounds.

Old white people are not racist, it was the baby boom generation that marched with and supported the black community.
WE wouldn't be able to get you text warriors out of the house.

I was raised in the FREE Methodist church.
fmcusa.org...

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Racism could be eradicated only to be replaced with any of a myriad of other things to hold against one another.

When I was in the military being indoctrinated to think of others as less than human or inferior to myself and others like me in order to kill them like animals or other species beneath me (The indoctrination never really took by the way), it occurred to me that one could rid the entire world of one or most types of discrimination or marginalization only to have something else to discriminate or marginalize others pop out of nowhere...

Once people eradicate the world of things or people they hate or find unsavory or whatever, they just go on to something else to hate and find unsavory.

it seems for some reason to be in our nature to fear and to misunderstand and to hate and destroy those things we don't understand fear and hate...................

We act like those things we consider to be less than us, we justify our behavior somehow with fairy tales and excuses for the way we act, all powerful beings we imagine would approve of the way we act toward one another.

It's a twisted world full of twisted people with twisted ideas that misunderstand and hate and fear and lash out at one another, and I think it's either arranged that way or it is used against by those who are conscious of how screwed up it is.

I can't think this morning...

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Crime is the result of deprivation and has little or nothing to do with race, it just happens that certain races of people are deprived of resources or education, or credit for doing the right thing in this life and respond by not giving a damn anymore and disregarding the rights of others because they get kicked in the teeth for smiling..

Racism, discrimination and war arise from inequality, those who possess power in this world use our flaws against us for generating profit.

I guess if you get right down to it, the problem would be the monetary system which is prime deprivation force at work here in this world and always has been...a reply to: Fylgje

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner
But in the poorest towns in places like WV and Ky there is little to no violence.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: bjax9er
When race pimps stop race pimping!!!

I agree with this.

originally posted by: kosmicjack
Thousands of years from now when we all look like gray aliens.
Well, you asked.
Seriously, it will take generations and lots of racial mixing. Sadly....

I REALLY agree with this. Evolution will take care of the DNA part if humanity lasts long enough. Considering the over population of the planet, and the limited resources, and the wars over ideology and religion, .... I dunno if it will. But if it survives, then we'll all evolved physically at some point.

(and yes, I think the grays could be us in the future coming back to look around ... )

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Oh ... and it won't die until the politicians and media stop using faux-racism to get their agendas pushed through.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
great thread. i am new here.. was banned from another forum for this very same question.

racism will not end until we are a fully fledged grown up collective. Right now, we are still at the toddler stage.
edit on 25-4-2014 by sterlingA because: missed out 'a'

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

False racism like cliven bundy..... That's sarcasm.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   

I just did a very brief search and it appears the mixed-race population is increasing, by 32% between 2000-2009, but it's not a huge part of the population, depending on the source you choose to use it's between 9 and 11 million people in the US from what I read but I could be wrong, I didn't spend more than a couple minutes on that.

There didn't appear to be any data to suggest the various races are going to disappear anytime soon. Irish and English aren't races, they're nationalities.

Let's assume for a second that you're right and within 50-100 years we have a lot of "mixed" people here, I don't think anything will change, people will still make distinctions according to genetic heritage, some backgrounds will be more accepted than others, and people will still exercise their right to freedom of association whether the government social engineers like it or not.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Racism will end when cliven bundy pays his grazing fees!

Jk lol

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Racism will die only when the human species meets its demise.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
When the human population shrinks to 1.

originally posted by: bjax9er
When race pimps stop race pimping!!!
Yes, because you know, only race baiters fuel racism, as opposed to you know, racists.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   

IMHO as the mixed race population rises sooner or later well get to the point where the amount of people who can claim they are any of the presently recognized races are no longer in the majority. I bet by census data the population of mixed race people has skyrocketed.
- See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

This really caught my attention, as it cuts to the quick in this issue, in my opinion. See, that's been the case, here in America, for a very long time…. I'm a mix of several different races, and I am very sure you are, too. So, what you describe here, has long ago become the norm. And yet, we are still wondering when this scourge will end.

Taking sides, as you describe….you have to wonder, really, why there are sides to take, when it comes to our humanity, really. Don't you? Our parents all felt a similar urge and bred, and that's how we all got here, right? What's so complicated about that, really>?

When thinking about it in those terms, what sides, really, are there then to take?

My point is, this is the best example that our environment is controlled, planned and predicated that there is, that we even think there are sides to take, after that, a description of how we all got here, which should unite and not divide us.

The fact that it does divide us, should be a huge heads up to all of us. That we are being divided, conquered, controlled. Who is less, who is more, who is more successful, smarter, beautiful, etc…..

It really isn't about all that. In my opinion, when we realize how much of a surface orientation all that is, is when we will let the race issue go. That, and when we quit blaming the problem on what it isn't and focus on what it is, as a majority, quit treating the symptom instead of the problem, this is when we will rise above this issue.

Race is very like a prejudice against someone for their hair color, their eye color, etc….it's a purely surface orientation and that's all, and all kinds of issues are created around this appearance, purely an appearance, and that's all.

But this is why, perhaps, it continues, to be an issue: race is a matter of circumstance, history and condition of personal life and experience. In other words, if I am a Jew who lived through Bergen Belson or Aushwitz, my viewpoint as to my life experience and being a Jew is informed in a particular way. If I am a black man, who served in the military, and ended up at Tuskegee, infected with syphilis, then my view point on being human and the circumstances of this are informed in a that way, etc. So, race, is a rather important factor, historically, and personally, in terms of suffering…..

This makes it a HUGE issue, for those of different races. Getting past it is something that has so far escaped us, as humanity. And this was all a result of our inhumanity and intolerance……

It is paradoxical, for sure, and so very sad, and we all continue to suffer from the results and fallout……

Surely there will come a time when we do not judge each other or ourselves by our appearance, but by the quality of our life having lived it: Meaning, the measure of our humanity will be about not what we drank, nor smoked, nor chose when our choices were all poison, but that we believed in the good of one another, of mankind, and held on for that; that we stayed true to some higher belief and regard for one another, for ourselves, despite whatever we faced…..
Regards,
Tetra
edit on 25-4-2014 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-4-2014 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Oh, and thank you Artemis, for a chance to express all that. Good thread topic.

Tetra

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   
When people stop talking about it.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join