It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine Ends Easter Truce with Pro-Russian Seperatist Groups

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Not sure if this is already posted but I didn't find it in a search.Just when you thought things were getting better! Now it appears that the Crisis in Ukraine is getting worse.

The developments raised fears that last week's international agreement on easing Ukraine's crisis was unraveling. Secretary of State John Kerry spoke on the phone with Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov Tuesday, expressing concern at mounting evidence that separatists are continuing to increase the number of buildings under occupation and take captive journalists and other civilians.

What say you, ATS?

www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
There was never a "truce".

The pro-Russian protestors never agreed to any truce.

How can you cancel something that never began?

What a bunch of tools.

Edit - Ukraine is going to piss off Putin and he'll take the whole damn country. Nobody will try to stop him.
edit on 23-4-2014 by minusinfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: minusinfinity

My sentiments exactly!

What a bunch of tools.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   

What a bunch of tools.[/quote

Hey, I'm
Just the messenger.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
My initial response is one big SIGH. It is just so darned obvious between Syria and now the Ukraine that there are corporate and national interests being played out with absolutely no care for the people caught in the middle...pretty much history repeating itself, yet again and never anything driving it higher than stubborn power, control and greed being served up as a supper of humanitarianism. Bunch of crap, but I'm not telling anyone here anything they don't already know.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

No offense OP, you're only sharing the news.

Thanks for the info.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Simple formula for war...

1) They bad mouth each other first...propaganda ....etc

2) Amass troops

3) War

There is always a surprise attack in there somewhere but the joes gotta get near there first.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

What a bunch of tools.

Edit - Ukraine is going to piss off Putin and he'll take the whole damn country. Nobody will try to stop him.

I agree with pretty much everything you said. Ukraine is a done deal, even before the west knew what was happening. Putin is a cunning and ruthless man and the west has severely underestimated him (or are afraid, which is more likely).

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: clay2 baraka

Putin is a cunning and ruthless man and the west has severely underestimated him (or are afraid, which is more likely).

I don't think the U.S. would intervene unless he used nukes. It's a loss cause all the west can do is pray to god he stops with Ukraine.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: clay2 baraka

What a bunch of tools.

I agree with pretty much everything you said. Ukraine is a done deal, even before the west knew what was happening. Putin is a cunning and ruthless man and the west has severely underestimated him (or are afraid, which is more likely).

I have to agree

If you look at how it all unfolded and the "past", Russia not just Putin has been very active in making sure Ukraine does not break away with other eastern block country's and former parts of the soviet and Russia Empire, after Ukraine's treatment from Moscow in the past few hundred years as soon as that influence is lost Russia knows full well Ukraine would seek NATO protections her biggest enemy and rival

This is a well planned out move from Russian prior to Putin stepping onto office

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis
This is a well planned out move from Russian prior to Putin stepping onto office

Actually, prior to Putin getting into office in 2000, Russia was quite amenable with the West and relations were rather good - it is only since Putin took power that they have become more and more bellicose.

Interesting op/ed here about his rise to power and his viewpoint

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   

a reply to: lostbook

No offense OP, you're only sharing the news.

Thanks for the info.

No prob.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: stumason
- it is only since Putin took power that they have become more and more bellicose.

Not true, post 9/11 Putin gave US all the cooperation

Things went south because US think tanks and Banks are continuing policy of world domination., This is Russia responding.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: RadiationAndCancer

Perhaps you should learn what the word bellicose means. It has nothing to do with the USA

top topics

join