It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Jets and Ship Taunting The UK!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

originally posted by: stumason

a reply to: Maxatoria

An independent Scotland a member of NATO? I doubt it.. They have nothing to offer and wouldn't be able to (and do not wish to) meet the minimum Defence spending requirements.

We have nothing to offer???... other than some of the finest, hardest bastards in the Army...35% of the SAS have been Scots and that stat exists today....for a small nation of 5.5 million that tells it's own story of what we have to offer...maybe not to Westminster after Sept 18th, but to our own people...we will do just fine.

We Keep England, not the other way around.

A bump for the heart again. There's this huge blond Dave that used to hang in my
circle for a long while; a well decorated Royal Marine who saw a lot of Grenada.
If I was carrying this fellow would be the first pick for one of two blockers.
"Run WITH him and nobody gets hurt."
Now for the OP: I wouldn't give this as much airplay as the flying classes for the bankers--
but on the other hand we must keep the money quieter than all else. It makes me
wonder exactly how well wrung out we all are financially, and the chaff burning...

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   
This is a BBC report. Never trust the BBC. They have been caught lying and pushing false Propaganda too many times for anyone to take them seriously any more.

If however this is true then it would just be Putin going by a script and exercising his muscles! There are 2 sides to a war but in most of the Wars we have seen in the last few hundred years both sides have been covered by the same force!

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: criticalhit

originally posted by: Wirral Bagpuss

originally posted by: criticalhit
a reply to: Wirral Bagpuss

Why should Scotland reconsider? it's a win-win, it's not like the UK could sit back and just let Russian troops land in Scotland if there was a war, Govt is mainly about self governance of people... but when you share an Island Invasion is a whole other story... Likewise IF it came to blows of the Missile variety as a separate entity the Russians might likely in fact opt to not Nuke Scotland, that would be a case of "Great, free from one oppressive overlord just to fall prey to another" but you'd be alive and realistically Russia at 137 million population can't really physically maintain any kind of demographic dominance at a distance, it would remain Scotland.

I think if it came to the Big Bang and nukes are used then Scotland WILL be hit and hit hard. There is a nuclear sub base in Scotland and it is no secret that Glasgow, Edinburgh and Aberdeen would be nuked. Perhaps Inverness too. Scotland would be a nuclear wasteland. Scotland does not have it's own army, navy or air force and if it got independence would not be a member of NATO so there would be no legal reason to come to it's defence, although I am sure in reality the rest of the UK would. It would be the polite thing to do!

Well the British Govt would have no choice if it were a land invasion.

But... Scotland's own Govt could vote things like that off it's territory. And doesn't have to join Nato

I say basically make like Iceland... look, empires start wars, The Scots have never really been privy to such madness and when your a proud niche people the way to go is to continue not giving a good god damn who thinks they run the world. The reality... when a real war is said and done so far from Moscow what happens to your nation if your not all crazy about it is, they send "advisers" to make sure the news paper doesn't talk *** and publicly aside from it all tows the party line... on paper, beyond that it's still Scotland always has been always can be.. Unless of course your part of Great Britain and holding on to it's terror toys for them... with the "well if we go you go too" mentality of London... considering the last 1000 or so years have been spent periodically trying to be rid of London, I say... own Govt, take your toys with you. The Scots have never been globe troters

Well they did try the Darien Expedition back in the day but that kinda went all pear-shaped for them...

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dorrell
This is a BBC report. Never trust the BBC.

MOSCOW, April 24 (RIA Novosti) – Russian Tu-95MS “Bear” strategic bombers, accompanied by supersonic Mikoyan MiG-31 interceptors, have conducted test flights over neutral waters of the North Sea, a senior Air Force official told reporters Thursday.

"The flight route was over the neutral waters of the North Sea, along the Kola Peninsula. The aircraft have flown some 12,000 kilometers. The flight duration exceeded 16 hours," Col. Igor Klimov said.

Russian media link

The UK Ministry of Defence has released images of the intercept of the two Russian Tu-95MS Bear H from the 23rd April.

And no the 'BBC' on the tails of the Tu-95s is nothing to do with the UK BBC. I've seen a few very confused conspiracy people on the web thinking that it was a message to the BBC
Is it Cyrillic for VVS 'Military Air Force of Russia'

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: VirusGuard
why is France building ships for Russia

On this point - the deal hangs by a thread now. If the sanctions continue and the situation gets worse, it could be cancelled altogether. At best, it seems now that all Russia are going to get is the hulls and will have to outfit them completely themselves, which is an obvious loss as prior to all this the ships were coming with some very nice shiny toys installed.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join