It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Jets and Ship Taunting The UK!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
The Telegragh is your proof.....get real.

It has to come from somewhere - shall I find a good "Scottish" paper instead for you?

If one cares to read it, the Scottish Government made a statement on it and confirmed that it is what NATO said in discussions they had. Basically, if they are going to get funny about removing Trident, they can kiss NATO membership goodbye...

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: stumason
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Oh yeah, I forgot about this - NATO told the SNP that they could sod off about membership

Haha! And that was the polite reply I am sure!!

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Wirral Bagpuss

I agree with you up to where Poland gets tanks rolled in... In my honest opinion and the opinion of
defense analysts, Poland would be the trip wire for a full response from NATO.

History might repeat and the Poles kick the Russians heads in again?

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Okey dokey...

Bottom line is, whatever you think I "believe", you never can disprove anything I say, can you? I've often called you out on this, Solo, yet you never respond with anything of substance.

Anyhoo, this "scottish" talk is going way OT.

Russian bombers - nothing new - moving on.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

The Telegragh is your proof.....get real.

It has to come from somewhere - shall I find a good "Scottish" paper instead for you?

Why not try straight from the horses mouth and go onto a SNP web page.....I couldn't give an arse for the SNP Labour, Conservatives Or libs dems....I just want to see my children grow up in a country where it's people make it's OWN decisions.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Okey dokey...

Bottom line is, whatever you think I "believe", you never can disprove anything I say, can you? I've often called you out on this, Solo, yet you never respond with anything of substance.

Anyhoo, this "scottish" talk is going way OT.

Russian bombers - nothing new - moving on.

OK...Lets hold hands and skip some stones into the ocean...Truce?

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Poland will be the start line for NATO to kick arse, or Lithuania (another NATO member) who actually have a large Russian ethnic population, who, as it happens, are getting a bit uppity at the moment "demanding" equality for the Russian language etc.

The ironic thing about all these ethnic Russians in other countries and demanding recognition as they are "historically" Russian is the vast majority only moved in during the Soviet era after WW2, often after the host population was displaced as "punishment" for whatever they were perceived to do in the War.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   

OT - but I'll chime in - do you think an independent Scotland would make it's "own decisions" if it does get into the EU?

Good luck with that!!

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Who cares, you'll have an extra $100 per year!

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Lets face facts here.....no other nation will be involved...this will be all over in the next few months...Russia will back down and it will be status quo....

We no longer have the stomach for 5 year all out wars, we have the tools to destroy worlds for christs sake.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   

OT - but I'll chime in - do you think an independent Scotland would make it's "own decisions" if it does get into the EU?

Good luck with that!!

Maybe we will side with the Ruskies....that will be our choice.....get it now??

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

As I said, good luck with that

It's all academic anyway, come Sept 15th, Salmond is going to look a bit of a fool

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wirral Bagpuss

originally posted by: criticalhit

Why should Scotland reconsider? it's a win-win, it's not like the UK could sit back and just let Russian troops land in Scotland if there was a war, Govt is mainly about self governance of people... but when you share an Island Invasion is a whole other story... Likewise IF it came to blows of the Missile variety as a separate entity the Russians might likely in fact opt to not Nuke Scotland, that would be a case of "Great, free from one oppressive overlord just to fall prey to another" but you'd be alive and realistically Russia at 137 million population can't really physically maintain any kind of demographic dominance at a distance, it would remain Scotland.

I think if it came to the Big Bang and nukes are used then Scotland WILL be hit and hit hard. There is a nuclear sub base in Scotland and it is no secret that Glasgow, Edinburgh and Aberdeen would be nuked. Perhaps Inverness too. Scotland would be a nuclear wasteland. Scotland does not have it's own army, navy or air force and if it got independence would not be a member of NATO so there would be no legal reason to come to it's defence, although I am sure in reality the rest of the UK would. It would be the polite thing to do!

Well the British Govt would have no choice if it were a land invasion.

But... Scotland's own Govt could vote things like that off it's territory. And doesn't have to join Nato

I say basically make like Iceland... look, empires start wars, The Scots have never really been privy to such madness and when your a proud niche people the way to go is to continue not giving a good god damn who thinks they run the world. The reality... when a real war is said and done so far from Moscow what happens to your nation if your not all crazy about it is, they send "advisers" to make sure the news paper doesn't talk *** and publicly aside from it all tows the party line... on paper, beyond that it's still Scotland always has been always can be.. Unless of course your part of Great Britain and holding on to it's terror toys for them... with the "well if we go you go too" mentality of London... considering the last 1000 or so years have been spent periodically trying to be rid of London, I say... own Govt, take your toys with you. The Scots have never been globe troters

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   

As I said, good luck with that

It's all academic anyway, come Sept 15th, Salmond is going to look a bit of a fool

18th/19th.....you might be in for a surprise..

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: criticalhit
look, empires start wars, The Scots have never really been privy to such madness

FYI - The Scottish did exceedingly well out of the Empire (look at the wealth generated in Glasgow from the North American colonies for example) and were active and willing participants in the creation of the British Empire. In fact, some of the biggest proponents of Empire building were Scots. Also, large amounts of those who went overseas to establish colonies were of Scottish stock. Interestingly, those who live on the Falklands are Scottish and Welsh, but it's the English who get the bad name as "imperialists"...

So, let's not perpetuate this myth that the peace-loving Scots were oppressed by the evil English then forced into Empires and wars they didn't want.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

You're quite right

Not sure why I thought the vote was on the 14th...

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Let's get back on topic please. If you want to discuss Scottish independence, feel free to make a thread about it.

In the meantime, let's go back to the Russian bombers and ship taunting the UK.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
Let's get back on topic please. If you want to discuss Scottish independence, feel free to make a thread about it.

In the meantime, let's go back to the Russian bombers and ship taunting the UK.

Yes.....the Russians have been taunting the UK since the 50's.....next.

But the point is the Cold War came to an end in 1989 thanks to Gorbechev and his efforts to sort things out. But now Putin is implementing Cold War 2.0 ! I agree that the Russians taunting UK air/sea space has been going on for a two/three years now, but they are increasing in frequency and given the situation in Crimea/Ukraine it IS intimidating and unsettling if you live in the UK! I think if the USA was taunted by Russian jets etc it would cause outrage. However here in the UK we are less gung ho. But I do think Putin is playing a very dangerous game at the moment and I am not sure he is all there mentally. That is the worrying part above all. I know many world leaders are to varying degrees cerifiable, but Putin's behaviour thus far does give justifiable cause for concern

edit on 23/4/14 by Wirral Bagpuss because: Typo!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join