It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Jets and Ship Taunting The UK!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Wirral Bagpuss

Of course they are after a fight lol

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: captaintyinknots
Putin wants a fight. The rest of the world would do well to let him dig his own grave as opposed to responding.

sounds like the same thinking in the upstart to WW2 and Hitler. After all he only wanted back what was his in the begining

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
The west is on the verge of collapsing on it's self .The bankers are useless the politicians are puppets and the judicial system leave a lot to wanting .Our ability to elect good decent people in places to act on our behalf is not possible .The US wants to rule the world but cant balance their budget and have turned the prison system into another money making venture for political cronies .Our liberties are being stripped away and we the people are being called terrorist by our elected officials . If Russia invades us then we become his responsibility .Besides he would end up with Biber . He is not that stupid folks .

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
The OP says: "I really do think people need to seriously consider the sanity of Putin."

Yeah, probably so. But, then again, at this point in history people need to seriously consider the sanity of pretty much every leader of every major power. They're all b*****t crazy, every one of them. They're all intoxicated by power and greed, and all manipulated and controlled by the monied interests that are choking off the economies of nations.

Nope, it's not just Mr. Putin who's crazy, buddy.
edit on 23-4-2014 by incoserv because: I could

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
if anything this is a good reason to leave the UK and NATO.... No More War.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

You're kidding yourself...

edit on Wed, 23 Apr 2014 16:48:13 -0500484America/ChicagoWednesday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Most lightly no more nuclear ballistic submarines ether which we contributed to the cost of building.

Maybe even no more Pound.

I'm not against Scotland becoming her own nation just sceptical.

edit on 23-4-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Yeah not joining NATO nealy decade ago when they were going to has really worked out for Ukraine. What could go wrong being one of the few unprotected nattions in Europe?

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
It's been happening for ages. I'm still surprised that the Russians still use the bear as a bomber. But I suppose it's like the US and their B52s if you've got a stable aircraft platform to fire off cruise missiles then why change it. Although I'd be more scared of the Russian Blackjack bombers. Here's a story from the daily mail, dated April 2010. Tornado pilots 'met up' with a Russian Blackjack bomber. According to the article the RAF flew at least 20 of these scramble missions in 2009.
www.dailymail.co.uk...

I think their were some funny stories about the pilots and the bombers crews as to what they do when they are flying next to each other. I can't remember though
edit on 23-4-2014 by ThePeaceMaker because: Spelling

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
They ALL signed the treaty....remember when the Ukraine gave up its nukes? the Rewskies the Yanks are both pulling our chains....it was probably a side deal from the get go.....
Give us your weapons and youll be safe forever.....thanks guys...

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DarknStormy

I think you hit it on the head. Apparently it was agreed after WW2 that Europe would not encroach too close or immediately onto Russian borders. The Excellent Russian Foreign Minister said that this was becoming more and more of a problem because the West had broken this agreement.

I do think that the USA is terribly worried that eventually Europe will make serious trade agreements with Russia, as opposed to the nearly broke USA (just like us). This could stop some very interesting trade and agreements good for the USA (which I think I read here a few days ago).

Personally as Russia is a part of the European landmass, trade and certainly the supply of natural gas etc would make considerable sense for the UK to get a closer relationship with Russia.

The world is changing and the old alliances which served us up till comparatively recently are not quite so attractive today.

Another point is that the USA is determined to keep the oil dollar in place for as long as it can force the issue of fuel for our transport. The UK with its City interests are also desperate for this to stand. I suspect the Russians have a different attitude to global environmental issues - although nopt saints etc they don't have the vested interests in the US$ which as environmentalists and the public are starting to protest against fracking, pollution, bankers etc etc (all of which are self protecting rip-off merchants people may look towards Russia for better leadership.

I also don't believe a word on the tv stations run by the government here and as the Russian planes were in International Airspace and this kind of flying is not unusual, it does not mean that the Russians are thinking of war. We should all remember that our new masters Israel hate Russia because it backs Iran so their media broadcast to us will be full of their usual propoganda as to how evil Putin and Russia are. Sorry guys you have had your day - know about your nasty agendas for dominance in the ME and personally don't care and certainly don't want to be involved with you..

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
All it would take when tensions are high enough is for an uninvolved third party to carry out an attack that can be blamed on the enemy... A group that desires to start WWIII....

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: rigel4

That will be OUR decision.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad

Yeah not joining NATO nealy decade ago when they were going to has really worked out for Ukraine. What could go wrong being one of the few unprotected nattions in Europe?

Protected by who against whom...???

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Wirral Bagpuss

I think Putin would dig his own grave if he did invade Ukraine and the Ukrainians gave him a bloody nose without NATO intervention. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

This won't happen in the south or eastern parts of Ukraine, at least. The Ukrainian army is surrendering to the "pro Russian" factions (you know, "masked men" most likely led by Russians), they won't stand up to the troops actually identified as Russians. That army may well go down as one of the weakest in history... if not THE weakest?

With that said, who knows how it would play out if it went all the way to Kiev. Probably the same is my guess.
edit on 23-4-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Most lightly no more nuclear ballistic submarines ether which we contributed to the cost of building.

Maybe even no more Pound.

I'm not against Scotland becoming her own nation just sceptical.

Of course there will be the Pound...Westminster would be cutting it's own throat if they denied Scotland to use the pound.

As for the subs....possible loss of 2500 jobs max....with the money we save we could add 15000 jobs to the area maintaining subs or whatever

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Maxatoria

An independent Scotland a member of NATO? I doubt it.. They have nothing to offer and wouldn't be able to (and do not wish to) meet the minimum Defence spending requirements.

Anyhoo - this is just bad timing, really, but the Russians do this quite often and have done since the end of the Cold War.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I do like how the major main stream media outlets are making such a big deal out of this. Lovely bit of scare mongering going on. Even on my Facebook I see people reacting to it saying omg we could of been bombed and all that rubbish

Edit: sky news'a headline 'RAF jets chases Russian planes away from UK'
Tsk ... Please
edit on 23-4-2014 by ThePeaceMaker because: Added text

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I think too many people, yourself included, are blowing this thing out of proportion. Putin's decisions can be understood strictly from a political point of view, and one doesn't need to introduce the hypotheses that he is "crazy," or that he wants to reform the USSR, neither of which have any basis in reality. Putin's invasion of Crimea makes perfect sense from a Russian military perspective, and I am certain the West knew this would occur.

Anyway, these stories regarding Russian jets mean absolutely nothing. Russia is doing nothing wrong here. The jets are flying in international airspace, plain and simple. So how does that translate into Putin losing his mind? It makes no sense to say that. Now if these jets were personally being ordered by Putin to fly into foreign airspace, then perhaps someone could question his sanity. But first of all, I highly doubt Putin ordered these planes to fly where they did in the first place, and second, they were well within their right to be where they were in the air.

The ONLY reason this could be viewed in a more aggressive light is that someone could claim that Russia is testing the reaction and response times of British fighter jets, but this is a tenuous explanation at best. Russia might just be trying to make it look like they want war more than they really do. They don't want war with the US any more than the US wants war with them, and this goes for Britain as well.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: rigel4

That will be OUR decision.

Your assumption is amusing....
I am Scottish.. but all for the NO vote!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join