It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Carolina deputy snatches 2 phones for recording her, fails to snatch the 3rd phone (tsk tsk)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   
The cop was a drill instructor. So in the military she was trained how to be a bitch of mammoth proportions. I guess it's hard to turn that off. Since she cannot be professional, she needs to find other employment. Being a public servant isn't where her future is. (IMHO)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Remember this if you're ever in trouble. You can just confiscate any and all evidence against you for your safety.

The way these cops just make # up. There must be a heavy improv element at the academy. It's a shame more people don't just laugh in the cops faces for being the fools they are.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Antipathy17

You hit the nail on the head with you statement.

They change the laws to defeat any probable defense.

Example is the ruling yesterday by the SCOUS-cops can pull you over on an anonymos tip!!!! We're screw,,, you will all see how this will be used against everyone ASAP.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   
What that says to me is she shouldn't be a police officer. If your justification for that behavior is fear for your life over a seemingly calm and mild mannered man with a cellphone, you are in the wrong career.

Based on that scale, if he had made any sudden moves or raised his voice she likely would have shot him. The man would have been dead over dog poop. Just terrible.
edit on 24-4-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
The cop was a drill instructor. So in the military she was trained how to be a bitch of mammoth proportions. I guess it's hard to turn that off. Since she cannot be professional, she needs to find other employment. Being a public servant isn't where her future is. (IMHO)

I hope abundant locals etc are making those facts abundantly clear to ALL her superiors.

Power hungry and clueless are bad combos for LEO's.

. . . particularly those with "chronic 'bad hair' days."

. . . or is it . . . "a chronic pine cone in their dark place?"

edit on 24/4/2014 by BO XIAN because: addition

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: anon72

As a layman with an interest in psychology...

There's so much psychology going on here I barely know where to start!

First of all, the girl clearly has issues (and I use the word "girl" knowing that it would enrage her lol). She's had to "prove herself" in the military against men, which automatically gives her a significantly increased desire to be seen as "capable". She has an irrational need to never be wrong.

She also seems to have a considerable need control any situation, probably as a result of being a drill instructor where her job was to break people down and "manage" them in every way. Being a woman in that environment probably made her believe that she had to be twice as aggressive as her male counterparts.

The most interesting thing is the panic she displays. Her pacing back and forth is obvious panic over the situation. That's not because she's fearful for her life, she's fearful of failure, of being caught doing something wrong, of being exposed as a "bad cop".

By that point she knows she's done wrong, and that she's likely in trouble. This is where it could have gone one of two ways... 1. she could have realized that she had overstepped her authority and was being irrational, back tracking and calming things down, or 2. stick stubbornly to the failed path of escalation through fear of being seen as "weak". We all know what the rational route would be, and the fact that she continued (as so many cops with daddy issues do) shows that she is not capable of acting rationally as a police officer.

The snatching of the phones was the start of the attempt to cover her tracks for her outburst and irrationality, but when the third phone appeared she knew the gig was up and she was digging the hole deeper - hence the panic and pacing. That's where she was trying to get the story straight in her head, how she would defend her over reaction and how she could cast responsibility for this on the people she had attacked.

Ultimately, she's another mentally incapable person wearing a uniform. She's suited to the military, not policing. She doesn't have the rational mentality to do the job as a regular person would.

Everything about this video tells me that the police department there doesn't employ any psychological evaluation methods, because all of these personality traits would have been picked up on with a simple test, unless she also happens to be a very talented psychopath able to mask their actual emotions.
edit on 24-4-2014 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
So you have the right to detain, immobilize anyone who you fear? Genius. This guy should of knocked her out in fear of being falsely detained or shot. Where are our rights to protect ourselves against people of lesser intelligence and in positions of authority?

I know cops. They just wanted to parade the man in cuffs in front of his neighbours and establish the idea that no on shall talk back to a cop.
edit on 24-4-2014 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid
One more confirmation that everything is backwards, everything is upside down...

The Largest Street Gang in America ~ Playlist

You do realise that the writing on that police car is from the transformer films. I don't know if you were posting it as a joke.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Unreal..... it's sad when police officers have to resort to misusing their powers to prevent people from speaking up for their rights.

Wonder if 👎 she'll 👎 get a talking to from her superior(s) on what a fine job of community public relations she's forced upon the police department as well as police in general...

...and you wonder why so many have a dislike for the police.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Seems to me she ( The officer ) was possibly set up. But she made a few
mistakes regardless. She'll be promoted to watch commander.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Very nice break down.

STAR for you my friend. And, I agree with your take.!

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
Didn't watch the video, I've seen enough cop movies.

Here's a question, if an officer says they're confiscating your phone for their safety, what happens if you remove the memory card and then hand them the phone?

The memory card is flat and can be thrown like a ninja star at their eye duh. It must be taken too.

Firepiston

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Besides seeing as it is small you may decide to try and eat it like an after eight and that could cause a choking hazzard so they reallydo HAVE to take the memory card to protect you... from you... It's a good job they're around too or we'd be screwed!

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

Yeah because that will prevent them from doing stupid # IE The murder of the homeless man in N.M by several well armed militant police.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThePeaceMaker
You do realise that the writing on that police car is from the transformer films. I don't know if you were posting it as a joke.

Yes, I have seen the transformer films.

No, it was NOT intended as a joke.

See the signature quote...

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Thank You for posting this. Star & Flag
I watched the video and read through the thread.

To highlight the upside of the situation.

No one got physically hurt. I am happy to see the civillians be so peaceful
in the face of injustice. There is no disagreement among the participants
of this thread up until now. Which is a nice thing to see on ATS. So all in all.
Stuff like this as bad as it is at least brings us a little bit closer together
in our feelings of Righteous Indignation. Its good that the man was not
charged and the second deputy seemed reasonable enough.

When I watched the video, I felt a beating of a knot in my stomach. There is
no doubt in me. Regardkess of circumstance this police officer did things
that go against basic human Kindness and Honesty. I wish for her that she
sees what she did so poorly and change her ways. May the organisation that
made her actions possible make the changes necessary to prevent such
situations from reocurring.

Thanks again for the reality check and spreading awareness.

Good day to all.

edit on 24-4-2014 by GamleGamle because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-4-2014 by GamleGamle because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-4-2014 by GamleGamle because: Text Layout changes for comfortable reading.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: benrl
Man first company like OnStar, that includes push button dvr on say the steering wheel, with an outside and inside feed.

Would make a mint.

We already have back up cams, throw a few more, with a small flash storage, add cloud storage to auto upload.

Might save a lot of money in lawsuits, Include a rolling 30 min HD, that when you hit the button it saves the previous.

Think of the Accident claims it would save.

OH and Corrupt cops it would get fired...

ETA:

Shoot, Tie it in with data from car, things like turn signals, and speed, as well as brake data.

Get in a fender bender, hit the button, last 60 minutes saves to the cloud...

Why does't this exist anyway?

Coming Soon:

NHTSA to require backup cameras on all vehicles

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration issued a proposed rule Monday requiring all new light vehicles — including cars, SUVs, trucks and vans — to have "rear-view visibility systems," in effect, requiring backup cameras.

The rule -- which would be final in 60 days -- would start phasing in on May 1, 2016 models and be at 100% May 1, 2018.

Cameras on all cars, phones, computers and home secuity. I feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing how safe I am!!!

NHTSA estimates that 58 to 69 lives will be saved each year (not including injuries prevented) once the entire on-road vehicle fleet has rear-view systems, which it believes will be by about 2054.

Quite a small number of deaths to initiate such a broad brush stroke. These cameras to me, will provide nothing more than to improve surveillance measures.

Just like the game of Sim City or Sims. At any point, you can pick out any citizen and get a basic summary. Everything these days feels like its looking at me!

edit on 24-4-2014 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Amazing, i just feel safer by the minute...

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

This Lady is a power hungry idiot, she comes across as a very unstable person who should not be wearing a badge. If anything, she should be wearing a straight jacket. ~$heopleNation

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: SheopleNation

Here's the million dollar question?

Did the officer notate on her report that she confiscated two cell phones and the motive? Just curious~

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join