It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"You're dead," Minnesota Homeowner Told Teen Burglar

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I wish I was on the jury so I could vote for acquital.

Don't want to get your head blown off by frightened, jittery older people? Don't break into their homes. They just might have a gun. It's that simple.

Gee, I feel so bad for them that they underestimated the vulnerability of their intended victim. How unfair that he gave them no-quarter in his own home. For shame![/sarcasm]

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
a reply to: Kryties

Because he was an old man out of breath as evidenced by the heavy breathing on the tape? Sat down to catch a breather and reload in case more were coming.

Was the heavy breathing coming from the owner, or the kid he just shot?

Dunno about you but if I was just shot and initially survived then I'd be breathing pretty damn heavily too.
edit on 23/4/2014 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
while i fully support gun rights against tyranny, and am all for proper justice
this topic begs someone to be debbils advocate

so...i guess its safe to shoot shop lifters now?
woohooo!
the other day some shmuck walked off with my pen right off my desk:
gonna plug that effer too

and lighter kleptos?
BANG!

oh yeah;
damn beatch MOVED in to my house and stole my dignity...and she won't give me the remote for the TV
Pop Pop.......lol, hey! Pop...get off my ...pop pop pop ....rug.
and here's one for your lawyer too... POP!

death penalties are supposedly for capital crimes.
after proper jurisprudence
without that JUSTICE...you have NOTHING

oh, you are breathing my air you bastid
here:
eat this drone...

everybody is guilty of something...so get your target tattoo here

as to charges and going to court
call it an inquest
if the jury decides to let the guy skate
fine...if not...live by the sword...die by the sword
turn around is fair play

eta
oh yeah:
hey! your cows broke into my desert...and are eating my grass
DIE mofo
edit on Wedpm4b20144America/Chicago51 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

People should have the right to defend their homes with deadly force if necessary. This man has the right to be able to sleep safe in his home, the people shouldn't be breaking in. How does this man know they wouldn't eventually end up killing him.

I would have done the same.

I am sick and tired of the laws catering to the criminals. For crying out loud, if someone breaks in to your home and hurts themselves they can sue you. That's unreal.
edit on 23-4-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jennyfrenzy

People should have the right to defend their homes with deadly force if necessary. This man has the right to be able to sleep safe in his home, the people shouldn't be breaking in. How does this man know they wouldn't eventually end up killing him.

I would have done the same.

I am sick and tired of the laws catering to the criminals. For crying out loud, if someone breaks in to your home and hurts themselves they can sue you. That's unreal.

So you would also use a tarp to move the first body so his blood didn't stain the carpet and when you realise one of them is still alive walk up to her, put a gun under her chin and pull the trigger? Seriously?

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Danbones

woohooo!

and lighter kleptos?
BANG!

oh yeah;
damn beatch MOVED in to my house and stole my dignity...and she won't give me the remote for the TV

here:
eat this drone...

call it an inquest
turn around is fair play

eta
oh yeah:
DIE mofo

That is just moronic to compare these things to someone breaking into someone's home.

If you don't want to get shot, don't break into someone's house.

Very simple really.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Look at the silly girl who probably went along with him because she was in love with the turd. Oh and BTW once the threat was stopped he became a murderer and executioner. He should rot in jail for ever. They were not a threat once wounded and he killed them as animals. You posters that infer or write that he was legit are weak minded fools who know nothing of the law. One side too extreme the other too weak. American culture is a juxtaposition of an geographically and educationally challenged population.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

you also don't walk up to a downed perp and finish them off. Even those Marines in Fallujah got into trouble for doing that. And they were in allout combat.

It does appear extremely callous...it IS callous.

So why did this otherwise normal, law-abiding citizen do such a thing?

It reflects badly on the parlous state of crime prevention in parts of the US, where your only recourse is to be armed.

Also I don't believe it's generally acknowledged how evil this crime of burglary is, or the devastating psychological effect it has on the victims (having been burgled several times myself, I can vouch for that).

It's soul-destroying to know that the perps are repeat offenders with long rap sheets who can't be stopped by the law...except for a pathetic few months in stir, after which they just carry on where they left off.

It's the same in Britain; we keep hearing about crims with 200 to 300 burglaries - 'one-man crime sprees' - on their record who get just 6 months when caught. And you know they'll carry on when they're released.

How do you stop someone like that?

Maybe now you can understand why this man did what he did.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Just agoddamnned minute here......
So.if some old person (or whatever) is at home and a relative....cop....ER....friend......enters..perhaps not even forcefully....then if they get blasted from the bedroom with buckshot its OK.......
Like is said...The SECOND SHOT was MURDER....
No immediate threat = NO shooting.....
With the ability to take anothers life comes great responsibility and certainly the reasonable respect for all life...degenerate or otherwise.......Deadly force is the LAST resort......
A jury will decide....but that's my 2 cents...

link   

originally posted by: macman

woohooo!

and lighter kleptos?
BANG!

oh yeah;

here:
eat this drone...

call it an inquest
turn around is fair play

eta
oh yeah:
DIE mofo

That is just moronic to compare these things to someone breaking into someone's home.

If you don't want to get shot, don't break into someone's house.

Very simple really.

as moronic as breaking into iraq or afghaistan?
and all the homes there...
should you get death for that?
( assuming there is some truth to your AV)

go ahead FIRE all the cops
no sense paying for them in your world
edit on Wedpm4b20144America/Chicago59 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

link   

Honestly who cares if he moved the bodies around, this happened in his home not outside but in his own house he has every right to kill them.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

This is an exercise in futility. If I was on the jury, I would vote not guilty. To violate what is supposed to be another person's safe zone, not once, but multiple times.... Don't be surprised if you are shot dead. Temporary insanity.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

as moronic as breaking into iraq or afghaistan?

I forget. Are we talking about someone breaking into the home or your soapbox about the war???

go ahead FIRE all the cops
no sense paying for them in your world

And where were the police? They should have been there to stop the 2 POS guys from breaking in.
Guess that LE didn't do their job.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Honestly who cares if he moved the bodies around, this happened in his home not outside but in his own house he has every right to kill them.

The law cares, that's who. Not only did he interfere with a crime scene but he also displayed that he was NOT in fact all that afraid for his life because he took the time to worry about getting blood on his carpet.

That and once the thieves were shot and on the ground and clearly not a threat, he still walked up to them (again showing he wasn't that afraid for his life) and shot the girl in the head from under her chin while calling her a 'dying bitch.'

If you honestly believe this wasn't premeditated murder, rather than simple home defense, then methinks my previous accusation of you being a psychopath was extremely warranted.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: macman

those invasions were wars?
that is hilarious
(breaking in and stealing oil and opium is war now...hmmmm...interesting)

ah, so your reality doesn't apply to you I see
figures

maybe someone didn't call the cops when he should have

edit on Wedpm4b20144America/Chicago16 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on Wedpm4b20144America/Chicago58 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

How is it premeditated? He didn't know they were going to break into his house that day, he didn't cause them to. He reacted and then maybe he wasn't quite in his right frame of mind. How did you act after the last time you shot an intruder, since you seem to be an expert on the subject?

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
No Wonder American has problems, and its not drugs, its people with the mind that is okay to..

1)Execute a defenceless target by splattering their brains.

2)Okay to move crime evidence *oh yeah, as long as its in his house according to one*

Its the mentally retarded people with guns and a sick mind set that they can be the Executioner and Law.

Actually its the kids fault for living in such fudged up country anyway.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: luciddream

I'm British and I agree with 2)

link   
I give up. Some posters in this thread clearly have psychopathic tendencies, you guys should really seek professional help.

link   

so...i guess its safe to shoot shop lifters too?
woohooo!

You really shouldn't compare someone stealing from a store that they walked into freely, with a home invasion. I appreciate your "debbil's advocacy" though.

the other day some shmuck walked off with my pen right off my desk !

I never heard the phrase "...a man's office is his castle." A man's home is his castle? That one I've heard, been around for awhile. There's a reason it's been around for awhile.

oh yeah;
Pop Pop.......lol, hey! Pop...get off my ...pop pop pop ....rug !
heres one for your lawyer too... POP!

Moving someone into your home voluntarily is not the same as a home invasion. You're focusing on the "theiving" part of it, while the issue is, they were not only thieves, but busted into his HOME. Big difference, imo.

What if they killed him instead? What if he'd been asleep and didn't hear it, and they choked him to death. Would he have been justified in attempting to kill them? Have you ever had two people break in a glass plate of your home to try to gain access in the middle of the night? Would you stop and ask why they're there first, before you blasted away if you had a gun? Would you shoot for the kneecaps, the smallest target possible? Ever had adrenaline pumping through your veins during a home invasion in which you were the intended victim? Would you feel "safe" once they were down? Isn't it safe to assume that we'd all react differently?

everybody is guilty of something...so get your target tattoo here ...

I agree that all of us are guilty of something. However, most humans don't invade the homes of others, and if you're stupid enough to keep stealing from the same old dude, you get what he deems necessary to stop you after you've kicked his door/windows in again.

call it an inquest
turn around is fair play

You might be right, but I will always hold to the view that if you don't break into other people's homes, you won't get shot by them, and maybe killed by them, even if they have a .50 cal machine gun aimed at the door.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join