It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"You're dead," Minnesota Homeowner Told Teen Burglar

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Well.... that was an excessive and unnecessary use of violence, I'd say.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I'm outta here until we hear more about the trial. That is what matters most in this case.

We'll see in due time. But until then, see y'all on the forums!

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: spirited75
who cares

The 65 year old retired man cares. He's on trial for murder protecting himself.

The lesson to teen criminals ...
Break into an older mans home on Thanksgiving ... and you won't live to eat the turkey.

How was he protecting himself? Were the thieves threatening him?

Why couldn't the man call the cops? He had video of them doing it, he could call the cops easily especially with a record of it happening. With the video he could likely even identify them.

This wasn't some life or death situation. The man specifically set the thieves up and prepared for them. It was premeditated murder.

The only injustice in this case, is that the man being 65 years old is only going to spend a maximum of 35 years in prison for murdering two stupid kids.
edit on 24-4-2014 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I friggin love how they always put, "played sports". When I attended high school, I was a punk rocker and there were no shortage of jocks or people who "played sports". I will tell you that it doesn't guarantee anything good about their character.....

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
minnesota.cbslocal.com...

So now we know that at least one of them was intoxicated.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
And more from the recordings.

Kifer descends the stairs, a shot is fired and Kifer falls down the stairs. Smith’s gun audibly jams and Smith is heard saying, “Oh sorry about that.”

Kifer is heard saying what sounds like, “Oh my God ... I’m sorry,” before Smith shoots several more times and says, “You’re dying ... bitch.”

More rustling sounds are heard as Smith drags Kifer out of the basement living room.

In the time that elapsed over the several hours after the shooting, the audio-tape records Smith’s conversation while he remains alone in his basement. Smith first says: “Cute ... I’m sure she thought she was a real pro.” And later a continued imaginary phone call, “No rush but, you know, when it’s convenient for you. ... I feel a little safer. ... I feel totally safe. I’m still shaking a bit.”

Later Smith says: “I refuse to live in fear,” and “I left my house at 11:30 (a.m.), and they were dead by 1 (p.m.).”

Smith makes dozens of statements, some fully audible, some difficult to hear, about the shooting, about not wanting to live in fear and about the repercussions of entering into the home of a stranger.

“It’s all fun and cool and exciting and highly profitable until somebody kills you,” Smith said. “I was doing my civic duty. ... They messed with the wrong person, I had to do it.”

brainerddispatch.com...

I know I'm not on the jury, but he sounds guilty to me.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

Another "victim" drinking that sizurp eh?
Guess that explains why she was dumb enough to come in after she hears shots, and laughed at him.
edit on Thu, 24 Apr 2014 20:39:39 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

I've seen people "robo'ing" and they aren't all there. The girl has a history of drug abuse, that's documented. And people on drugs do things that defy common sense.

I'm just saying(posting) that this will play out in court.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
a reply to: TDawgRex

I don't get it though. Is that really such a big thing these days? Back in my day, you want to get stoned, you smoked some pot. No one was ever like "Yeah man, lets chug some nyquil man!" Raid the liquor cabinet, or snag some beer from the fridge and catch hell when you get home.

Goin' Robo was a big thing back when I was a kid. I was a little surprised to hear the girl was high on cough syrup because I thought they had changed the formulas a few years ago so you couldn't do that anymore...unless she got high on stolen prescription syrup.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Uh, we're drifting , again.

Let's keep it in the ballpark , Please.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex
And more from the recordings.

Kifer descends the stairs, a shot is fired and Kifer falls down the stairs. Smith’s gun audibly jams and Smith is heard saying, “Oh sorry about that.”

Kifer is heard saying what sounds like, “Oh my God ... I’m sorry,” before Smith shoots several more times and says, “You’re dying ... bitch.”

More rustling sounds are heard as Smith drags Kifer out of the basement living room.

In the time that elapsed over the several hours after the shooting, the audio-tape records Smith’s conversation while he remains alone in his basement. Smith first says: “Cute ... I’m sure she thought she was a real pro.” And later a continued imaginary phone call, “No rush but, you know, when it’s convenient for you. ... I feel a little safer. ... I feel totally safe. I’m still shaking a bit.”

Later Smith says: “I refuse to live in fear,” and “I left my house at 11:30 (a.m.), and they were dead by 1 (p.m.).”

Smith makes dozens of statements, some fully audible, some difficult to hear, about the shooting, about not wanting to live in fear and about the repercussions of entering into the home of a stranger.

“It’s all fun and cool and exciting and highly profitable until somebody kills you,” Smith said. “I was doing my civic duty. ... They messed with the wrong person, I had to do it.”

brainerddispatch.com...

I know I'm not on the jury, but he sounds guilty to me.

I believe the prosecution concluded its case today so what everyone has heard so far is that side of the trial. I believe I will wait until testimony comes out for the defense in the coming days before I would change my prediction of involuntary manslaughter (if it gets offered to him). It will be interesting to see the actual outcome.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex
a reply to: TKDRL

I've seen people "robo'ing" and they aren't all there. The girl has a history of drug abuse, that's documented. And people on drugs do things that defy common sense.

I'm just saying(posting) that this will play out in court.

I doubt the judge will allow any past drug history about that girl in court, if she was under the influence at the time the judge will probably allow that. We shall see.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join